Science Forums

I want World Peace. Yes/No?

InfiniteNow

I want World Peace. Yes/No?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I want World Peace. Yes/No?

• 1 month later...

To achieve World Peace ©, do the following:

Arm every single country on Planet Earth to the teeth with nukes. Good ones as well as bad ones, whatever your perspective might be.

Let all countries sign a pact that all countries will launch enough nukes to completely and utterly obliterate the very first country who does launch a nuke in anger.

Tempt Kim Jong Il to launch a nuke. Duly obliterate North Korea as a graphic example for the rest of the world.

Sit back and enjoy the thousand year peace about to follow.

The great and wise big B. everbody!!!! :) :shrug: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

To achieve World Peace ©, do the following:

Arm every single country on Planet Earth to the teeth with nukes. Good ones as well as bad ones, whatever your perspective might be.

Let all countries sign a pact that all countries will launch enough nukes to completely and utterly obliterate the very first country who does launch a nuke in anger.

Tempt Kim Jong Il to launch a nuke. Duly obliterate North Korea as a graphic example for the rest of the world.

Sit back and enjoy the thousand year peace about to follow.

solve et coagula

destroy to recreate

peace, and war

we're unraveling the story of action, reaction

Universe.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I want world peace. But I don't think that it is going to happen until humanity is ready and willing to make some major cultural changes. I believe it is possible for us to create a utopian society where the murder of one person during a 24-hour period would be a tragedy. I think the key to world peace is the proper use of nanotechnology, genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and a global ideology that promotes the endless pursuit of knowledge.

Guest jamongo

Sure, I voted "yes".

I also would like no racial prejudices.

And no hungry people.

And no need for political crooks.

And no weapons of mass destruction.

Indeed, no weapons of any kind of destruction.

Health care for all

a BIG slowdown in the aging process.

And a 12 inch banana.

Dream on humans, t'will never happen, I'm afraid.:shrug:

i can't even vote or this.

the moment world peace is reached (which is obviously impossible) some ***hole will think to themselves "hey, with everybody all peacefull now, i could totally take advantage of everyone"

this is exactly why it doesn't exist. as animals we can't help but make the absolute most of our surroundings, including the manipulation of others. that doesn't mean some of us can't be completely void of manipulative tendancies. some of us really aren't like that. unfortunately, there will never be zero manipulation.

besides some of us just aren't right up here :)

• 1 month later...

World peace would be undesirable. It would limit the actions of future rulers, and so limit the dynamism of human society overall. War is necessary. There is no other means for one culture to exert total dominance over another, and thus no other means for a strong civilisation to expand at the expense of a weak one. Without war, all human societies, however primative and worthless, would survive to waste resources.

• 1 month later...
World peace would be undesirable. It would limit the actions of future rulers, and so limit the dynamism of human society overall. War is necessary. There is no other means for one culture to exert total dominance over another, and thus no other means for a strong civilisation to expand at the expense of a weak one. Without war, all human societies, however primative and worthless, would survive to waste resources.

Amen Ananke... Amen