Science Forums

I want World Peace. Yes/No?

InfiniteNow

I want World Peace. Yes/No?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I want World Peace. Yes/No?

This is true, but only at the superficial level. Genetic behavioral imprints remain in the sub-conscious and may never be activated if the parents are uncaring. If they are cruel, the even deeper imprint of the original primate surfaces and the greedy gorilla grabs for all the bananas again. However, the sharing imprint that took the whole of the Stone Age to imprint (plus/minus 99,000 generations) can be activated within the first seven years of life if the parents concentrate on evoking it. This imprinted sharing asset is the reason why we do not have to train a chimpanzee from the start every time a human child is born, and is the fundamental foundation of human intelligence. Sharing extends individual awareness beyond the self, and makes for a more attentive pupil. (A large family group of well-spaced siblings is the best nursery milieu for evoking this imprint.)

Take any newborn child from any situation or culture. Place them in a completely new situation or culture. They will act and react and be as one from that culture, with no vestige of the old culture remaining (aside from those aspects of the culture that affect reproduction). There is no imprint at the genetic level, nor have you substantiated one bound to any sort of logic.

Each Age of human evolution served to indelibly imprint specific social assets that would ensure the on-going momentum of our kind's developmental process

Sharing defined the Stone Age psyche and lifted human intelligence to a supernatural level. Not to the level of other highly socialized species like bees and ants admittedly, (I am not on your level as regards study of botanical associations) but far above other mamalian specie.

The Bronze Age imprinted the chore-based work ethic, without which, sustained scientific study (with the short-attention span of the normnal primate) would be impossible. That intellectual asset cannot be learned in one life time. The Bronze Age of agricultural focus lasted some 600 generations. The courage to face a lion with little more than a spear, was also an essential imprint of the Bronze Age. (If we had not faced the lions and triumphed we would all still be dirt farmers.)

Constientious craftsmanship took over 160 generations to imprint.

Science has taken over 100 generations to date.

There is an underlying foundation of long-term design here that is hard to dismiss out of hand. That big brian of ours holds the key to future potentials that we can only guess at.

Succeed in teaching any of the foregoing to a chimp and I will buy into your assertion that we learn only from this birth.

Everything you have discussed points to the mind and soul, Social and parental, but not genetics.

I agree completely with what you say in this earlier post. Selfishness is the ultrimate goal of survival. What you are saying is that Nature has found ways and means to ensure this. When we look at it broadly speaking, we see that all forms of self-sacrifice are designed to lift selfishness to ever higher levels. Among humans, the highest form I can think of is that of the Bodhisatva, a Chinese Buddhist sage, who refused to enter Nirvana until all other sentient beings entered that blissful state first. IE. Heaven is not possible while another suffers in hell. So, by saving others, he is just trying to ensure that his eternal bliss is not spoiled by any concern for others.

In this respect. God then, is the most selfish Being in existence, for He wants us all back with him.

These is precisely the reasons why I am rooting for world peace. So that I can enjoy my game of golf without feeling guilty about some poor kid dying of starvation. Ergo, I am as selfish as one can get. :)

Well now, once again you suprise me.

I had expected the greatest resistance of all from that post, and I find understanding and agreement :esmoking:

I think I will have some reading to do on this Bodhisatva fella.

Thank you.

Is mankind willing to pay the price, everything comes with a cost and pease is no exception.

First cost: Can mankind give up his territorialism?

Second cost: Can he really learn to share the wealth?

Third cost: After the wealth has been shared, will the lazy then live off of the industrious creating an incentive for the industrious to also become lazy?

Fourth cost: Can all of mankind give up his weapons at the risk that some clandestine state doesn't-------<BORROWED FROM SOME SMART PERSON----

Nope as a human being I must say no!!! There can be no peace.....nope....no hippie treehuggin handholdin kumbya singin friggin world peace....never happen!!!!(Thank God!)

I like having personal possesions that I've worked and paid for.

I like telling people to get the f##k off my property at gun point.

I like being able to speak freely without regard or fear of prosecution.

I like being able to use firearms to protect my family from those that would harm them.

I don't like the Idea of working my *** off to support those who are to lazy to support themselves.

I agree "D"

WE are innately selfish as all life is.

Humans can not accomplish world peace. We could not do it even if everyone in the world came to this forum and checked off the yes box.

We would have to become... something more then human.. to do it.

I think the question was "do you want world peace", not " can we achieve world piece"

Take any newborn child from any situation or culture. Place them in a completely new situation or culture. They will act and react and be as one from that culture, with no vestige of the old culture remaining (aside from those aspects of the culture that affect reproduction).

All completely true.

There is no imprint at the genetic level, nor have you substantiated one bound to any sort of logic.

No matter what culture the child is reared in, I maintain that the basic evolutionary imprints that define human nature will be there. ie. Sharing, work, courage, conscientiousness, and intellectual smarts. Without this evolutionary heritage we would be wild chimps and impossible to civilize. It takes a full twenty one years to evoke all these behavioral ethics. With my children I set the following home education curriculum

0-3 years breast feeding and constant mother contact.

3 -4 years weaning period

4 - 7 years. Sharing ethic

7 - 11 years Chore- ethic (arts and crafts incl.)

11 - 14 years Puberty initiation (Courage)

14 - 17 years Academic (GED. SAT)

18 -21 years Global stewardship training

They ended up with strong personal ethics and family values, very bright creatively and academically, with impecable social instincts.

Is mankind willing to pay the price, everything comes with a cost and pease is no exception.

First cost: Can mankind give up his territorialism?

We gave up our family hunting and gathering terrotory for clan boundaries.

We gave up clan boundaries for national boundaries.

We are still in the process of giving up national boundaries for international boundaries.

The next territory is the the globe itelf.

I personally think that it belongs to all of us and we should be able to go where we please when we please.

Second cost: Can he really learn to share the wealth?

If you never learn it inside your family group you probably never will. Apes grab all the bananas. Sharing is the fundamental behavior that has elevated us above the apes. Sharing denies one nothing. It makes everything equally available.

Third cost: After the wealth has been shared, will the lazy then live off of the industrious creating an incentive for the industrious to also become lazy?

We invested 600 generations in the Bronze Age, imprinting a chore-based work ethic. Given the right encouragement all people love to keep themselves occupied with something creative, rather than sit around doing nothing, When there is too much greed, which in turn stimulates over-ambition, that frenetic milieu creates disenchantment and makes people drop out and see no point in making their own creative contribution.

Fourth cost: Can all of mankind give up his weapons at the risk that some clandestine state doesn't-------<BORROWED FROM SOME SMART PERSON----

If we remove the selfish, childish idea of taking and claiming private ownership on as many toys as we can get our greedy little hands on, and encourage the adult virtue of giving and seeing onseself as a custodian, then the need to murder each other to get more possessions will die out of its own accord. Man is not a natural-born predator. We are basically fruitarians and are innately meek and humble when not bullied.

Nope as a human being I must say no!!! There can be no peace.....nope....no hippie treehuggin handholdin kumbya singin friggin world peace....never happen!!!!(Thank God!)

I like having personal possesions that I've worked and paid for.

I like telling people to get the f##k off my property at gun point.

I like being able to speak freely without regard or fear of prosecution.

I like being able to use firearms to protect my family from those that would harm them.

I don't like the Idea of working my *** off to support those who are to lazy to support themselves.

You would have been quite at home in feudal times.

Except of course you would no be able to speak freely

and the Baron would feel free to rape your daughter.

Peace brother:)

No matter what culture the child is reared in, I maintain that the basic evolutionary imprints that define human nature will be there. ie. Sharing, work, courage, conscientiousness, and intellectual smarts. Without this evolutionary heritage we would be wild chimps and impossible to civilize. It takes a full twenty one years to evoke all these behavioral ethics. With my children I set the following home education curriculum

Peace brother:)

It is a pleasant thing that you maintain this perspective. Heartwarming even.

Repeating it might help move some people to believing it.

But you still have not bound the statement to any facts :)

But you still have not bound the statement to any facts :(

For the 1st seven years of their lives I reared my children according to Stone Age family group sharing ethics.

The next seven years they were reared according to oral-based Bronze Age chore-based work ethics and passed through Bronze Age pubertal initiation ordeal that instilled personal self-worth and a snese of personal courage

Only after puberty did they hit the text books and teach themselves hopw to read and write.

I was told by all and sundry that they would end up as iliterate idiots if I stuck to this primitive curriculum. But I trusted my reearch on existing Stone and Bronze Age groups who revealed the true base of human intelligence.

The net result, each kid in turn, taught themselves the Three R's with no help from us. Each one crashed the 8th Grade exams with Straight "A's inside three months from the day they first learned "The cat sat on the mat". They took the GED three years later, after only one or at most two hours study per day, and did so with top marks again. They have ended up completely self-policed and would sooner cut out their tongues than decieve or lie to anybody

My wife and I have no special educational qualifications or exceptional parental abilties. True, we only have eight graduates. But our success rate is 100% with eight distinctly unique individuals. I have written a text book that shows exactly how it can be done.

Those are all facts which can be verified by anybody who cares to come and examine our kids and their report cards. How else can they be explained but via the evocation of already imprinted genius?

Those facts also happen to make the billions we currently spend on state-sponsored education and all the years our kids are forced to sit inside classrooms, a complete waste of time and money.

Those facts that develope self-policed students and citizens, if instituted on a national level, make state oversight and state policing redundant as well and save us more trillions in time and money.

Those facts also make it possible for the whole continent of Africa, not to be forced to somehow build a vast educational infrustructure in order to reach the same standard of education the West has. One billion children in Africa can be homeschooled inside one generation.

Perhaps you can tell me why I am having such a hard time convincing people (scientists even!!) that each human child is a born with imprinted genius, does not need to be incarcerated inside a classroom for 6 hours a day, for twelve years and more, and simply needs a secure home, parental love and sensible guidance - and a sequential evocation of tens of thousands of generations of common sense inherited from our ancetors to become a creative, educated, self-policed responsible world citizens who could make peace a reality inside ten years?????

Are we so fixated on quantity, that when quality is clearly demonstrated it is meaningless?

Perhaps you can tell me why I am having such a hard time convincing people (scientists even!!) that each human child is a born with imprinted genius, does not need to be incarcerated inside a classroom for 6 hours a day, for twelve years and more, and simply needs a secure home, parental love and sensible guidance - and a sequential evocation of tens of thousands of generations of common sense inherited from our ancetors to become a creative, educated, self-policed responsible world citizens who could make peace a reality inside ten years?????

Because you present no proof.

Not a shred

You have not even presented a strong basis for logical conclusion.

Only statements saying it is so.

[quote name='Kayra

Because you present no proof.

Not a shred

You have not even presented a strong basis for logical conclusion.

Only statements saying it is so.

Twenty years ago I came up with a precise formula for infant and child education.

It was based on research into the logical progression of human evolution which revealed that a sequential set of occupational and ethical behavior traits ensured the gradual development intellectual smarts and moral behavior of the collective psyche.

The formule flew in the face of conventional educational wisdom, for it indictated that premature script indoctrination distorted the dual nature of the developmental process.

That sitting all day in classrooms for more than a decade artificialized thier psyches and stripped them of their natural survival smarts.

I applied the formula to eight children.

Twenty years later I got precsisely the results that the formula predicted.

Now I am told that I don't have a credible theory.

That I do not have a shred of proof.

If I got a hundred other families to spport the theory, I would be told that I run some weird Jonestown cult.

The irony would be laughable if it were not so tragic.

The current educational system has less than 1% success in producuing excellence.

It costs hundreds of billions of dollars.

It systematically destroys family and extended-family values

It ends up with a national migratory work force, grimly hooked to a mass production line that does litte but produce an endless tream of consumer goods, mire itself deeper in debt evey generation, qand legislate endless laws to police itself.

It is singularly without originality and is becoming increasingly despised by the world at large.

Its prisons are over-flowing.

Its Congress is deadlocked in petty partisanship.

Its president is a catagorical liar.

Special interests run the nation.

The interest paid on it's national debt could support twenty nations.

And its infrastructure is falling to pieces.

God save America.;)

Twenty years ago I came up with a precise formula for infant and child education.

It was based on research into the logical progression of human evolution which revealed that a sequential set of occupational and ethical behavior traits ensured the gradual development intellectual smarts and moral behavior of the collective psyche.

The formule flew in the face of conventional educational wisdom, for it indictated that premature script indoctrination distorted the dual nature of the developmental process.

That sitting all day in classrooms for more than a decade artificialized thier psyches and stripped them of their natural survival smarts.

I applied the formula to eight children.

Twenty years later I got precsisely the results that the formula predicted.

Now I am told that I don't have a credible theory.

That I do not have a shred of proof.

If I got a hundred other families to spport the theory, I would be told that I run some weird Jonestown cult.

The irony would be laughable if it were not so tragic.

The current educational system has less than 1% success in producuing excellence.

It costs hundreds of billions of dollars.

It systematically destroys family and extended-family values

It ends up with a national migratory work force, grimly hooked to a mass production line that does litte but produce an endless tream of consumer goods, mire itself deeper in debt evey generation, qand legislate endless laws to police itself.

It is singularly without originality and is becoming increasingly despised by the world at large.

Its prisons are over-flowing.

Its Congress is deadlocked in petty partisanship.

Its president is a catagorical liar.

Special interests run the nation.

The interest paid on it's national debt could support twenty nations.

And its infrastructure is falling to pieces.

God save America.:)

I take it then that you are not going to post any proof?

Just more rhetoric :(

My view of world peace.

If you work, to maintain things other than yourself, you will get EXTRA rewards.

If you play sports well, you will get EXTRA rewards.

If you don't work or play sports well, then you will live still comfortably, but modestly, in an enviornment that is mainly maintained by ubiquitious technology in and around suburban-size arcologies with all you ever need and access to open country in seconds, not minutes like how it is today.

World peace can only be achieved with advancement of technology. There has to be meaning in life AND THAT IS POSSIBLE with a lifestyle shift that occurs naturally due to the attractive new possibilities.

There will be a time where corporate employment drops due to artificial intelligence replacing most jobs, and all that, without sacrificing anyone's wealth (a sacrifice which is abhorrent and unnecessary in order to achieve the goal). At some point, when unemployment reaches very high levels when productivity is higher than ever, there would have to be law passed that forces companies to pay employees whose jobs were replaced by the machine. If the machines don't produce as much as wealth for the company as the employees, it's not worth it (and they shouldn't be built). And if it does create much wealth (does what it's supposed to do), we certainly don't give the machine a salary, instead it should be given to the people who were replaced.... When unemployment reaches 20% despite the rise in productivity or more, this MUST happen to smooth the transition to the recreation lifestyle that will dominate the future.

When there is no scarcity as far as needs are concerned, then it is possible for the majority to be fulfilled. Those who have their needs fulfilled do not have to take advantage of others (only advantage taken from the machines). This is pacifier like those for babies, except a pacifier for everyone who benefits from a 0th-world culture.

The need for more scientists and engineers and will decrease as the quantity and quality of automated science increases or when infrastructure development and science development has reached the top edge of the s-curve. Yes, Science could be AUTOMATED.

Sports in the future will become more violent, providing a necessary counter balance to the world peace. They will be like the video games of today, but in material reality. Peace is seen in action not in submission or fear. There will be MORE GAMES in the future, and people return to the outdoors and their favorite tasks, not to slave, but to enjoy life, even if that means playing games that involve cheating death - that's for sure! And with ressurection of the body and memory, you will be able cheat death after you die!

World peace without adrenaline is boring and cold. We need adrenaline, that is life at most exciting. Some need more than others. No problem, the future provides this.

"All we are saying is give peace a chance"

I firmly believe John really meant it but looking at the results of the flower child generation I also firmly believe that the "peace and love" retoric of the same generation is and was bulls#!t. A wonderfull means of pissing off their parents and a lame excuse for behavior outlawed because of their bull.

These same persons claiming to have been fighting for peace and the right to freely express themselves now strive to stiffle and kill these very things through censorship and war.

Those that belive in the bull pertaining to this era propigated by bands (Ie phish & the grateful dead), their parents and mass media need to wake up and smell the piles!!

Which are you having a problem with? I shall gladly support my views with fact.

Excellent. The part that seemed lacking in accuracy was this:

These same persons [what you called the flower child generation] claiming to have been fighting for peace and the right to freely express themselves now strive to stiffle and kill these very things through censorship and war.

Cheers. :thumbs_up

All apologies but I'm still not sure where the question is.

I'll concede that there may be a limited few from that generation that actually believed in the cause. But for the most part if you look at the majority of persons that patricipated then and their actions since you'll find that largly they vote for stricter censorship laws, they vote for law makers that fight bills to legalise ellicit substances, etc. just look at the news pertaining to these areas since then.