Science Forums

I want World Peace. Yes/No?

InfiniteNow

I want World Peace. Yes/No?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. I want World Peace. Yes/No?

...and you want to tell me they weren't coincidental.

Right...

During my late 20's and early 30's I was an arrogant, irreverent, atheistic SOB who, because I was well-read, thought I that had a slick asnwer for everything. During that same period I suffered periodic agonies from painful hemmorhoids. It was only in my 40's that I came to realize what a pain in the *** I had been, to myself and thr world at large. You can believe that the message someone was trying to tell me was just coincidental if you like. But I have learned to know better, and am a sadder and wiser man these days, and look at events beyond my narrow ken a little more circumspectly.

During my late 20's and early 30's I was an arrogant, irreverent, atheistic SOB who, because I was well-read, thought I that had a slick asnwer for everything. During that same period I suffered periodic agonies from painful hemmorhoids. It was only in my 40's that I came to realize what a pain in the *** I had been, to myself and thr world at large. You can believe that the message someone was trying to tell me was just coincidental if you like. But I have learned to know better, and am a sadder and wiser man these days, and look at events beyond my narrow ken a little more circumspectly.

I've just entered my 20's. Sometimes I think I'm more mature than some people in their 40's and I probably am. But when I hear from people like you who have changed over time, and realized things, which I probably still need to realize, I get hope for mankind. Other times, I just force myself to ignore everyone.

MagnetMan, your previous post

During my late 20's and early 30's I was an arrogant, irreverent, atheistic SOB who, because I was well-read, thought I that had a slick asnwer for everything. During that same period I suffered periodic agonies from painful hemmorhoids. It was only in my 40's that I came to realize what a pain in the *** I had been, to myself and thr world at large.

was aimed at me being skeptical about your saying quakes in SF was connected with Wall Street towers coming down. Besides being on the other side of a continental plate, I simply don't see how you connect the dots there.

You are saying I'm in my late 20's/early 30's, and that I'm an arrogant, irreverent atheistic son-of-a-***** , and being well-read have a slick answer for everything and that it's giving you a pain in the ***.

I plead guilty to all of the above, except for the SOB part - I don't think my mother would take kindly to that. Yes, I'm an arrogant irreverent atheist. But what the hell has my age got to do with anything? This isn't the first time you're pulling rank on age here. If you think that we're gonna sit around your feet at the campfire while you're telling us all kinds of New Age bullshit stories, our jaws agape at your unquestionable authority (based solely on your age - which implies faultless wisdom, by your reckoning), then you are, without a doubt, at the wrong forum.

Don't tell me about your hemmorhoids. Don't insult my intelligence by arguing from authority. Tell me how you connect earthquakes in SF with buildings collapsing in NY.

I've just entered my 20's. Sometimes I think I'm more mature than some people in their 40's and I probably am. But when I hear from people like you who have changed over time, and realized things, which I probably still need to realize, I get hope for mankind. Other times, I just force myself to ignore everyone.

The fact that you think you are more mature than some people in the 40's is a universal feeling among western teenagers. I both felt it as well as thought that myself at your age. It was one of the reasons why I spent the next 25 years investigating the evolution of human consciousness. I came up with a theory which I called Psyche-Genetics and started writing out the thesis 15 years ago. Most of my discussions on this forum are related to that theory. Basically it states that very few people on earth have reached adulthood. Collectively we are still in a teenage state of pseudo-intellectual development. The Nuclear Age is our first step into young adulthood. Masterhood and Sagehood lay two further Ages of evolution ahead of us.

We can accellerate growth in this life time if we consciously evoke the right side of the brain and intuite what adult experiences can more or less feel like. If we do not do these exercises, then we basocally spend our whole lives in the same teen consciousness. In fact, by not taking any right brain exercises at all, (painting, music, art, etc helps) we tend to gradually regress and become senile in old age. This is a great waste of a life, for in reality, with the right training, we should all become magical sages as we grow older. You can check out a relevant post on Psyche-Genetics on this forum.check it out here

Or you can click on the Psyche-Genetics website below.

Cheers.:embarass:

Boerseun. I was refering to myself. If the same shoe does not fit you, then don't wear it, you are groaning too much.

Re: I want World Peace. Yes/No? - 05-22-2006, 03:20 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MagnetMan, your previous post

Quote:

During my late 20's and early 30's I was an arrogant, irreverent, atheistic SOB who, because I was well-read, thought I that had a slick asnwer for everything. During that same period I suffered periodic agonies from painful hemmorhoids. It was only in my 40's that I came to realize what a pain in the *** I had been, to myself and thr world at large.

was aimed at me being skeptical about your saying quakes in SF was connected with Wall Street towers coming down.

Actually it was our fualt.....screw with peoples lifes for too long and their bound to retaliate!

So, basic ideas about whether it is possible or not, and what are the obstacles to such an outcome, the question is,

No...world peace is not possible...you can't brainwash everyone (there are still alot of us that like to think for ouselves) and also I'm doubtfull that religion, money, sexual and racial discrimination will ever die off. (without the death of these things violence will remain therefore no world peace)

World Peace?! That IS impossible, because we need an enemy to fight against, don't ask me why, perhaps it's part of natural selection. Theoritically, Earth Peace would be possible, if some mean alien species respond to our "hello" that we have sent, and decides to conquer our planet. That would make Humanity unite, because we would have a MUTUAL enemy. The problem is, that even if we win (hahaha, likely :P) the peace on earth wouldn't hold for long, unless we decide to retaliate and start a full-scale war against the aliens that attacked us. But I think that the odds of an Alien Invasion is even smaller than the odds of a inexplainable miracle that unites mankind.

I draw the conclusion that War is not necessary, but that we DO need to create an enemy where-ever we can, but maybe I am wrong.

No...world peace is not possible...you can't brainwash everyone (there are still alot of us that like to think for ouselves) and also I'm doubtfull that religion, money, sexual and racial discrimination will ever die off. (without the death of these things violence will remain therefore no world peace)

Not without changing what is essentially human within us.

World Peace?! That IS impossible, because we need an enemy to fight against, don't ask me why, perhaps it's part of natural selection. Theoritically, Earth Peace would be possible, if some mean alien species respond to our "hello" that we have sent, and decides to conquer our planet. That would make Humanity unite, because we would have a MUTUAL enemy. The problem is, that even if we win (hahaha, likely :P) the peace on earth wouldn't hold for long, unless we decide to retaliate and start a full-scale war against the aliens that attacked us. But I think that the odds of an Alien Invasion is even smaller than the odds of a inexplainable miracle that unites mankind.

I draw the conclusion that War is not necessary, but that we DO need to create an enemy where-ever we can, but maybe I am wrong.

I agree. What is required is something that changes the general view of "Us verses them" from something tribal, state, country, religion, etc, to something that is Human verses "Something". This is our evolutionary heritage, and it will not go quietly.

Remove this aspect from our genetic makeup, and would we still be human?

World Peace?! That IS impossible, because we need an enemy to fight against, don't ask me why, perhaps it's part of natural selection.

The enemy is ignorance and over-coming it is the greatest battle in life.

Ignorance is essentiallly within one's self. If you have ever tried to sit down and do serious battle with the senseless churing of thoughtts inside your mind, you know precidsely what I am refering to. Creative thoughts are fine. But they have a hard time surfacing from the sub-conscious through all the superficial garbage that has piled up inside our materially ambitious indoctrinated brains. I would rather fight Goliath bare-handed on the battle field than fight with the inner demons inside myself. But beating Goliath means nothing to me. Conquering mself means everything. I am my own greatest enemy. The squirming and coniving that goes on inside as I try to grapple with the most devious organ God ever created, drives me to the edge of self-destruct. I have no energy or interest left to pick up a gun and jopin an army to kill some other poor slob hampered with primitive ignorance just like I am.

Why not start thinking outside the gun and draw a bead on yourself?

Theoritically, Earth Peace would be possible, if some mean alien species respond to our "hello" that we have sent, and decides to conquer our planet.

If any aliens arrived on our planet they would come in peace and love and only interfere with our lives as an act of rescue. No intelligence on any other star system, still involved with primitive territorial genocidal wars, would have developed the transcendal ability to cruise the universe beyond the speed of light in oprder to get to our planet.. One cannot translocate a weapon - only the consciousness of one's self. We do it in dreams all the time. One day we will learn how do it for real. But the war within, for us as well as for the aliens, must be won first.

Cheers.;)

If any aliens arrived on our planet they would come in peace and love and only interfere with our lives as an act of rescue. No intelligence on any other star system, still involved with primitive territorial genocidal wars, would have developed the transcendal ability to cruise the universe beyond the speed of light.

You seem to know an awful lot about something which has not yet been proven to exist...

No intelligence on any other star system, still involved with primitive territorial genocidal wars, would have developed the transcendal ability to cruise the universe beyond the speed of light.

Exceeding the speed of light is impossible. It has nothing to do with the species' intelligence, or capabilities.

The enemy is ignorance and over-coming it is the greatest battle of all...

Indeed.

Exceeding the speed of light is impossible. It has nothing to do with the species' intelligence, or capabilities.

I suggest you view the Poll "Can Anything Move Faster Than Speed of Light?"

Opinions; Not Facts! ;)

"Get your facts straight first, then distort them all you want" ___ Mark Twain

What the hell does Alien Space Travel have to do with World Peace right here and now??

What the hell does Alien Space Travel have to do with World Peace right here and now??

I believe the reference was that only an outside threat could bring mankind together and create world peace. Even if it is one based on fear. :eek_big:

World Peace from inter-system warfare?