Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

Its right there! Tied to the tree! Has a little bit left hanging from the knot! Don't you see it? Its *obvious*! :hihi:

If so, where's the recipe for Sasquatch stew? Does it taste like ostrich or chicken?

Escargot En Croute,

Buffy

In this context, the term 'find' is a better fit than 'hunt', as Todd is opposed to killing them. He does however think he can find a body given adequate resources. Just as with other forest creatures, after death the body doesn't last very long as it it consumed by other critters bones and all, so finding a corpse hinges on being in the right place at the right time.

The string in the photo is a tarp anchor, and for the record all I see in the photo is the same static image of forest I set up watching all night. Just ran across it & thought I'd post it to show I was using scientific methods out ehre. :eek:

Winter is hanging on in the mountains and it's snowing up there as I write. We may possibly manage a June expedition this year, and I'm accepting research suggestions for our field work. :turtle:

• 1 month later...
I always enjoy the tanquility of being up in a tree. I have built two treehouses, and think that they would be ideal for Sasquatch Spotting. They may not be expecting someone to be in a tree looking down.

Bill

Sasquatch spotting? If i ever go to spot a big foot I'll have my twelve gauge with me and there will no longer be any doubt if they exist. hey they've brought it on themselves by being so secretive! If they would just come out and register like every one else we could get past this stuff.:D

Michael

Sasquatch spotting? If i ever go to spot a big foot I'll have my twelve gauge with me and there will no longer be any doubt if they exist. hey they've brought it on themselves by being so secretive! If they would just come out and register like every one else we could get past this stuff.:)

Michael

Acknowledged. :doh: [note to self: don't invite moontanman on sasquatch espedition. :hyper: :doh: ]

Sasquatch spotting? If i ever go to spot a big foot I'll have my twelve gauge with me and there will no longer be any doubt if they exist. hey they've brought it on themselves by being so secretive! If they would just come out and register like every one else we could get past this stuff.:)

Michael

Note to self, don't wear my big fur coat around Moontanman:Guns:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Winter is upon us early in the Pacific Northwest, and it won't be long before the mountain roads are covered in snow. This makes for limited to no vehicle use, but the Bigfoot prints stand out nicely. It's either cross-country skis, snowshoes, ATV, or snowmobile.

I wonder if the Sasquatch put up food reserves for Winter, or continue to forage, or perhaps migrate to better climes? If the first, then we can look for these caches, if the latter two, then we can watch for the movement.

That is all. :eek:

Here we have some scat photos taken on a little used logging road which we hiked along for a mile before returning. We found this type of scat in various stages of freshness, some little more than a pile of whitish gray ashy piles. All contained a lot of hair & small bones as seen in the photos.

I'm no scatologist so I can't narrow it down to anymore than a medium to large sized predator/scavenger that left the leavings. Possibilites from black bear, coyote, cougar...I just can't say for sure. Tasted minty though.:eek: :(

It's hard to estimate size here, but looks and description seem more like coyote than anything else. But then again, I'm not too familiar with Sasquatch poop. :eek:

BTW, there's a guy who has a great post on Sasquatch siting locations here>

Google Earth Community: Bigfoot Reports - Comprehensive Mapping Project

Dude! Get your own expedition! I mean it...stop interrupting this thread.

I'm taking a bubble machine next trip; anthropoids can't resist bubbles. :)

No probllem dude, I hope he puts his arm around you and gives you a big sloppy kiss, maybe he'll sit down and discuss the finer points of the universe with you but it's been my experience with wild animals that you don't even have to bother them to get your head torn off if they are in the wrong mood and I if I was bigfoot I would be a little tired of being chased by now. Since bigfoot lives in the same range as grizzzly bears I'm sure he's not a wimp!

Michael

No probllem dude, I hope he puts his arm around you and gives you a big sloppy kiss, maybe he'll sit down and discuss the finer points of the universe with you but it's been my experience with wild animals that you don't even have to bother them to get your head torn off if they are in the wrong mood and I if I was bigfoot I would be a little tired of being chased by now. Since bigfoot lives in the same range as grizzzly bears I'm sure he's not a wimp!

Michael

If you don't mind continuing to cheese me off, then I don't mind continuing drubbing you for it. I'm not some arm-chair web-geek poppin' off on the subject...I'm the real McCoy who is out in the forest just doing it. I have ranged this particular forest, Gifford Pinchot, for more than 30 years as a hunter, hiker, mushroom gatherer, Christmas tree harvester, prospector, miner, gem hunter, bird watcher, guide, shooter, 4-wheeler, illegal activity informer, camper, wildlife observer & reporter, fisher, tree-planter, wood-cutter and all around doer of things in the forest. :tree:

Make no mistake; I don't gone unarmed and it is likewise no mistake that I don't tolerate fools & irresponsible behavior. In the range of the Gifford Pinchot I have reported on here in response to recent Sasquatch reports, we have no Grizz, rather we do have Black bear, Cougar, and Mexican drug cartel weed growers.

One final note. There is not a single report, in Gifford Pinchot or elsewhere in N. America, of Sasquatch harming a human being*. :)

*diaper rash from weenies soilin' their drawers is discounted. :eek:

It's hard to estimate size here, but looks and description seem more like coyote than anything else. But then again, I'm not too familiar with Sasquatch poop. :)

Somewhere a ways back in the thread we ID'd it as Cougar. (tasted like Cougar too.:tree::eek: )

BTW, there's a guy who has a great post on Sasquatch siting locations here>

Google Earth Community: Bigfoot Reports - Comprehensive Mapping Project

Sweet! I see one report from 1984 that is only 13 miles ENE from the Lechtenberg forest I have been studying & reporting on. http://hypography.com/forums/environmental-studies/11272-environmental-study-lechtenberg-park.html

If you don't mind continuing to cheese me off, then I don't mind continuing drubbing you for it. I'm not some arm-chair web-geek poppin' off on the subject...I'm the real McCoy who is out in the forest just doing it. I have ranged this particular forest, Gifford Pinchot, for more than 30 years as a hunter, hiker, mushroom gatherer, Christmas tree harvester, prospector, miner, gem hunter, bird watcher, guide, shooter, 4-wheeler, illegal activity informer, camper, wildlife observer & reporter, fisher, tree-planter, wood-cutter and all around doer of things in the forest. :tree:

Make no mistake; I don't gone unarmed and it is likewise no mistake that I don't tolerate fools & irresponsible behavior. In the range of the Gifford Pinchot I have reported on here in response to recent Sasquatch reports, we have no Grizz, rather we do have Black bear, Cougar, and Mexican drug cartel weed growers.

One final note. There is not a single report, in Gifford Pinchot or elsewhere in N. America, of Sasquatch harming a human being*. :)

*diaper rash from weenies soilin' their drawers is discounted. :eek:

whoop tee doo, I question your veracity, I was really raised miles from civilization, you are just a visitor. I won't bother you again and I really hope you find one but please get a clear picture. I'm so tired at looking at pictures that are either fake or something else.

Michael

whoop tee doo, I question your veracity, I was really raised miles from civilization, you are just a visitor. I won't bother you again and I really hope you find one but please get a clear picture. I'm so tired at looking at pictures that are either fake or something else.

Michael

And yet, you keep looking. :):tree: