Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

Nice Links Turtle-Dude.

Expedition in the future, But not for a while with your condition and disposition. :eek:

We'll give Sasquatch something to think about first. Let him enjoy his privacy for a little while longer...;)

I wouldn't mind shagging Miss Sasquatch though :(

"please be gentle dear" :) :)

mind in the gutter as usual,

Rac

We'll give Sasquatch something to think about first. Let him enjoy his privacy for a little while longer...:)

I wouldn't mind shagging Miss Sasquatch though :eek:

"please be gentle dear" :) :)

mind in the gutter as usual,

Rac

Mmmmm...now there's a slant we haven't broached. I'll leave that one to you Racco, but may I suggest some phermones?

Scary thought though of tape of such an encounter turning out as the only evidence we collect!:eek: :evil: :) Might even be downright illegal under some beasty law. Might depend on who the agressor is too. Now there's a court case worth writing.:) :)

The secret plan matures....:eek:

Mmmmm...now there's a slant we haven't broached. I'll leave that one to you Racco, but may I suggest some phermones?

Scary thought though of tape of such an encounter turning out as the only evidence we collect!:eek: :eek: :lol: Might even be downright illegal under some beasty law. Might depend on who the agressor is too. Now there's a court case worth writing.:eek2: :hihi:

The secret plan matures....:)

And I was thinking that SCAT samples would be disgusting. We don't need you guys coming back with irrepressible smiles and the inability to sit comfortably.

Bill

We don't need you guys coming back with irrepressible smiles and the inability to sit comfortably.

Bill

As if the smiles we bear were not already so.:D Moreover, 'tis the creatures sense of humor I intend to engage. If tossing stones & sticks & cones at some poor happless camper is not some humorous game for Sasquatch, then I'll eat my scat...er...hat.:eek2:

I(we) fully intend to cajole with jockularity & pleasing sounds not often heard in the great forest, the elusive cryptid.:xx: :ud: :eek: :phones: :doh: :Alien: :eek: :xparty: :pirate: :hihi: :smart: :eek2: :Waldo: :lol: :) :angel:

I see the coprologist Turtle has yet another poll to intrigue and quantify.

Let the voters be informed of our daring dung discovery.

It appears that a strong majority of the scats were located rather centered along the logging road. :) which I find pooply peculiar

:Guns:

I would rule out human, but not a Crypto-Hominid! :)

and I don't suspect it was a porcupine or skunk either.

Please refer back to Turtles attachment of the scrumptious scat samples. Pg 5 post #42

Your assesments are highly valued dear Hypographians.

• 2 weeks later...

Inclement weather has settled in & the snow level is dropping to 4,000 feet by tonight. Thunderstorms & heavy rain have covered the region for the last 2 days. This actually might make for ideal Sasquatch spotting conditions as they may have a higher sense of security in the open. Unfortunately the inclement weather also means impassable forest rods...err, roads.:eek_big: ( Thought I'd throw in a little crypto joke there.:) ) Make that relatively impassable; relative to just what expense I will go to in...

The

Search

For

Sasquatch

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

Its starting to look like Racoon & I encountered & photographed Cougar scat (Mountain Lion)

First link seems to rule out bear, but I thought the analysis method useful in future poo studies.

http://www.mountainnature.com/wildlife/Bears/BearSigns.htm

Bear scat is another good indicator of bear activity. It is a good practice not to touch scat with your hands while examining it. Don't spend a lot of time trying to differentiate between black bear and grizzly scat as the two are even difficult to tell apart in the lab. Historically, biologists have used a simple estimate that scats in excess of 5 cm (2 in) in diametre generally belong to grizzlies....

First link is main page, second link is photo & description of circumstance for Cougar crap. Glad we didn't step in it.:dead:

http://www.bear-tracker.com/animalscat.html

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougarscat.html

Its starting to look like Racoon & I encountered & photographed Cougar scat (Mountain Lion)

First link seems to rule out bear, but I thought the analysis method useful in future poo studies.

http://www.mountainnature.com/wildlife/Bears/BearSigns.htm

First link is main page, second link is photo & description of circumstance for Cougar crap. Glad we didn't step in it.:dead:

http://www.bear-tracker.com/animalscat.html

http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougarscat.html

Cougars! :dead:

We're damned Lucky to not be someone's lunch out there!

Sasquatch Tracking is dangerous and perilous work mates,

Rac

Cougars! :eek:

We're damned Lucky to not be someone's lunch out there!

Sasquatch Tracking is dangerous and perilous work mates,

Rac

That's why I never go without artillery.:dead: I still need to make a closer comparison of our photos with theirs as we have some nuances regarding the shape of the turd ends as to whether it may be Cougar, Bobcat, or Coyote. Sure wish we'd had that ruler, or least though to put down a penny.:doh: The one shot with the little branch, I think the branch is 1/4".:dead:

I won't vote the poll 'till I have this clinched!:eek: :doh: :dead:

:cup:

Definately Cougar; So we have learned what is not Sasquatch dooky, & that if we see a steaming pile of Cougar leavings it's time to lock & load. Cougars prefer to attack from above, & they sit atop small cliffs over trails or in trees over trails. Cougars can, will, & do attack humans, horses, deer, mice, dogs, etc. in the forest. It's only rare until it happens to you.:)

:cup:

Went Wicky with "Cougar" & found "Puma"; a regional differnce in name only for the same animal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar

It is also known by the regional names of cougar, mountain lion, panther, catamount, painter, American lion, Mexican lion, Florida panther, silver lion, brown tiger, deer tiger, ghost cat, mountain screamer, Indian devil, sneak cat, king cat, and painted cat...

Puma safety tips

Carry a firearm and be prepared to use it if charged at by a puma. Although, the noise from firing a warning shot should in most cases be enough to scare off a puma.

Don't miss the part of the article about the Puma that killed & partially ate a guy in Cally. I don't want to over dramtize the forest, because I can't; it's dangerous as hell & if you don't go prepared to fight tooth & nail for your life at a moments notice then don't go.

:eek2:

Planning is underway for the next expedition, this one overnight. No definitive details yet, but please put in your requests for any scientific study or equipment you want us to take, or observations & records you want to see.

The

Search

For

Sasquatch

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

Another person is missing in Gifford Pinchot forest in the area of Sasquatch & UFO reports:

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_053106_news_missing_man.3f55eb97.html

The next expedition is sceduled for the next weekend. Any party(s) interested in participating must submit a short abstract of their scientific interest & area(s) of expertise, & request in public the secret rendevous location in space & time.

In preparation I have, among other things, donned my forest garb & given off bathing until returning from the expedition.

If you have a scientific interest but conditions prevent your attendance you may submit here your abstract here for consideration of conduction by proxy(here).:eek2:

The game is a(Big)foot!:hihi:

I have secured a 4-wheel-drive vehicle with driver & a trailer for the wagon. I will need the rest of the week to compulsively obsess over what to load & how. I need to winnow out some of the survival gear in favor of Sasquatch gear. Add 5 pounds of plaster-of-Paris...subtract 5 pounds of...what?

This is all secret, so don't go blabbing it around!:shrug:

:)

:)

What news from the wilderness Turtle?

Mostly bad. I feel like that Indian crying in the old anti-litter campaigns. I went into Gifford Pinchot at the Sunset Falls entrance on the Western boundary & drove to camp on Road #42 about 7 miles or so & next to the Green Fork River, a tributary of the Lewis River (Indian name of the Lewis was Cathlapotl). I passed at least 8 campsites adjacent to the road & the predominant feature of each was trash & no fire fighting equipment in view (required to have a bucket of water & shovel!!!). The camp I took was recently abandoned, the fire still burned, live trees had been cut down, & condoms, beer cans, bottles, bullet casings, & every variety of trash you may imagined littered the ground both in the clearing & the underbrush. About 1:30 am, drunken youth from a nearby camp walked right into my camp without so much as a hullo warning & wanting to know if the same people were there to play hide-n-go-seek.

Sasquatch is gone from the area & won't return until next Fall if then. It is my intention too. With any luck, the entire Western boundary will be buried in 5 feet of ash by the end of Summer.

Mostly bad. I feel like that Indian crying in the old anti-litter campaigns. I passed at least 8 campsites adjacent to the road & the predominant feature of each was trash & no fire fighting equipment in view (required to have a bucket of water & shovel!!!). The camp I took was recently abandoned, the fire still burned, live trees had been cut down, & condoms, beer cans, bottles, bullet casings, & every variety of trash you may imagined littered the ground both in the clearing & the underbrush.

With any luck, the entire Western boundary will be buried in 5 feet of ash by the end of Summer.

Makes me want to cry too.

Added:

As I think back on the impact those commercials had, I think they should run those commercials again. They said so much without saying a word. We have a new generation which did not see the struggle over Clean Air/Clean Water and may be a bit apathetic towards just how quickly the gains can be lost.

Mostly bad. I feel like that Indian crying in the old anti-litter campaigns. I went into Gifford Pinchot at the Sunset Falls entrance on the Western boundary & drove to camp on Road #42 about 7 miles or so & next to the Green Fork River, a tributary of the Lewis River (Indian name of the Lewis was Cathlapotl). I passed at least 8 campsites adjacent to the road & the predominant feature of each was trash & no fire fighting equipment in view (required to have a bucket of water & shovel!!!). The camp I took was recently abandoned, the fire still burned, live trees had been cut down, & condoms, beer cans, bottles, bullet casings, & every variety of trash you may imagined littered the ground both in the clearing & the underbrush. About 1:30 am, drunken youth from a nearby camp walked right into my camp without so much as a hullo warning & wanting to know if the same people were there to play hide-n-go-seek.

Sasquatch is gone from the area & won't return until next Fall if then. It is my intention too. With any luck, the entire Western boundary will be buried in 5 feet of ash by the end of Summer.

No wonder Sasquatch stays away. :eek2: + :) :) = :epizza:

We shall find Sasquatch regardless however Turtle-san.. Do not be dismayed..Tis only a minor setback/disappointment...but one that should be fully learned and recovered from.

Meanwhilst...

How did the Survival Wagon fair?

A new tactical approach may need to be implemented. What did you learn?

Regardless, your contributions and discoveries are very well received and appreciated...:)

Always on the look-out for evidence,

Rac