Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

Somewhere a ways back in the thread we ID'd it as Cougar. (tasted like Cougar too.:):tree: )

Sorry, I searched for an ID. Must have missed this conclusion. I'm still curious about it because it doesn't appear there was an attempt made to bury it. Like other cats Cougers usually at least try to bury their scats.

Sweet! I see one report from 1984 that is only 13 miles ENE from the Lechtenberg forest I have been studying & reporting on. http://hypography.com/forums/environmental-studies/11272-environmental-study-lechtenberg-park.html
BTW, I noticed the placemarks don't show up unless you use the time slider. (upper right screen - just to left of navigation controls - it only shows up when you roll your cursor over it and when you have an appropriate file.) Your can move the two ends of the slider brackets to either end of the scale. Then they show up as static placemarks.

Sorry, I searched for an ID. Must have missed this conclusion. I'm still curious about it because it doesn't appear there was an attempt made to bury it. Like other cats Cougers usually at least try to bury their scats.

I went back & found the authoritive source I cited for the ID of Panther pooh (Panther just one of many alternate names for the Cougar.). >> http://www.bear-tracker.com/cougarscat.htmlhttp://www.bear-tracker.com/cougarscat.html

BTW, I noticed the placemarks don't show up unless you use the time slider. (upper right screen - just to left of navigation controls - it only shows up when you roll your cursor over it and when you have an appropriate file.) Your can move the two ends of the slider brackets to either end of the scale. Then they show up as static placemarks.

Roger Wilco

...If your not observant you Might trip over big foot and make him mad.

M

I'll let my photos and recounts speak to my observance. To reiterate, I do not appreciate or approve your repeated contention that it is OK to intentionally kill a Sasquatch for the sole purpose of proving its existence. Since I am actually conducting expeditions, I call the shots and no one of your ilk is going along. :)

• 6 months later...

A study of the diet of other hominids and then the taxonomy of local plant species might help you lure the beastie out.

When you have identified 'favourite foods' and identified same species in your search area, you could set your cameras there. If there are only one or two types of 'food' available in winter, the search can be narrowed to sites providing such food.

The coat of the animal suggests hibernation is not neccessary, however, bears have quite a coat and they hibernate, so it certainly can't be ruled out. Matching sightings within hibernation season of an area should give you an answer in this regard.

The smells you are trying to lure the creature with will all be either alien to them, or remind them of campers/hunters. I'm quite sure they've encountered and observed us a lot more than we've encountered them, it's a numbers thing. The 'scientific' manner in which you camp may set off alarm bells for the creatures, you aren't acting like regular campers?

Numbers of sightings compared to numbers of attacks point to the creature being vegetarian, as the size of the creature in some reports, we'd be easy prey if they were predatory. Omnivorous at most imo.

Some oestrogen from a female hominid of another species could well be the scent you need to lure them out, get them curious enough to draw closer.

Cameras set at a further perimeter monitoring another site - this site from where your camp site can be observed visually... might just catch any curious onlookers.

Geography could really help too. If you find box canyons and areas that only have one or few accessways these could be monitored.

I'd love to go Sasquatch expiditioning with you, but I'm a bit far away...

Local hunters will be a treasure trove of advice for local mountains, don't let green politics ruin the opportunity to learn about the area from people who actually spend time up there.

Good luck!

Can't find where I put this [cartoon] before, but here it is again. Be careful what you look for, you may just find it!
see, I told you you were pissed at me!

:hyper: What, me worry? :) If'm ya passes mah gun safety test, ya kin come'a campin' wit me. :fire: :D

One way er t'other, come hell :evil: er highwater :help:, I'ma goin' inta da forest dis here weekend an' scouting da Sasquatchies is near da top o' da list o' mah objectivoes. ;) Come Saturn's day, me and mah mammals is gittin' 'er done. :) :Guns:

:hyper: What, me worry? :) If'm ya passes mah gun safety test, ya kin come'a campin' wit me. :fire: :D

One way er t'other, come hell :evil: er highwater :help:, I'ma goin' inta da forest dis here weekend an' scouting da Sasquatchies is near da top o' da list o' mah objectivoes. ;) Come Saturn's day, me and mah mammals is gittin' 'er done. :) :Guns:

Too bad i live too far away to go with you. I can be trusted with a gun, I've never shot anything by accedent yet. but I am about as far from you as I could get and still be in the continental USA.

Moontanman

Too bad i live too far away to go with you. I can be trusted with a gun' date=' I've never shot anything by accedent yet. but I am about as far from you as I could get and still be in the continental USA. [/quote']

Well Moontanman I think I have you beat Central Florida here.

but we can set up a Big Foot hunt in a area near you,

check this out.

Tampa Bay Bigfoot

The search is on' date=' right here in Florida, for the legendary Bigfoot.

Some say Bigfoot is real and some say it is a myth. However, new sightings now have some scientist looking for it in the Tampa area.

"I'm six-foot-five and this thing towers way over me and takes running strides of 13 feet," said Bigfoot field researcher Michael Greene.

Members of the "Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization" believe the giant primate may live there, as well as many other locations around the world.

[/quote']

Tampa Big Foot - Central Florida News 13

Edit: Added this site.

I also found this site on Bigfoot and thought you would like to see it.

The Shadowlands presents: Bigfoot

The Shadowlands Bigfoot Page

One way er t'other, come hell :evil: er highwater :help:, I'ma goin' inta da forest dis here weekend an' scouting da Sasquatchies is near da top o' da list o' mah objectivoes. ;)

Yay! I look forward to the reports!

Dont forget your ruler. I've been wanting to take a trek myself but winter Just Wont End Here. Bleh.

Cedars

Dont forget your ruler. I've been wanting to take a trek myself but winter Just Wont End Here.

Bleh.

Yes Turtle please! more reports! even if you don't find anything,

the stories of your expeditions are better then some books I've read.

Cedars,

I hear you're getting more snow today, :evil:

you could always come to Florida it's going to be 87* today. :help:

or, you could look for footie prints in the snow. ;) :ohdear:

One way er t'other, come hell ;) er highwater ;), I'ma goin' inta da forest dis here weekend an' scouting da Sasquatchies is near da top o' da list o' mah objectivoes.

Dont forget your ruler. I've been wanting to take a trek myself but winter Just Wont End Here. Bleh.

Yes Turtle please! more reports! even if you don't find anything, the stories of your expeditions are better then some books I've read.

I am beside myself with enthusiasm!!! I have borrowed a 4WD truck with a full load of fuel, and I'm poring over my maps trying to decide where to go. I think I'll load the wagon with the gear & then load the wagon in the truck, whether we get out & pull it or not. I have lined up 2 compadres to go along, and chose guys big enough to drag me to the truck if I get broken. (Thanks fellas!!;))

I have the ruler, & I know how to use it! :hihi: I expect to get stopped by snow, & part of the learning is finding exactly where the snow level is. Our Winter is hanging on, and it is today a gray, dreary, mizzling sort of day typical to the NW. The forcasters say by Saturday it's going to get sunny & hit 76F. :eek_big:

Off to get manic! :hihi: :hihi:

Well Moontanman I think I have you beat Central Florida here.

but we can set up a Big Foot hunt in a area near you,

check this out.

Tampa Big Foot - Central Florida News 13

Edit: Added this site.

I also found this site on Bigfoot and thought you would like to see it.

The Shadowlands presents: Bigfoot

The Shadowlands Bigfoot Page

We have bigfoot sighting here in NC, I'm not sure how much alcohol was involved or shrooms but I am not keeping an eye out for one here either. I guess bigfoot could vacation in Florida like everyone else. Or retire there! Yeah, that's the ticket! Those cold mountians would be hard on those old bones!

I am beside myself with enthusiasm!!! I have borrowed a 4WD truck with a full load of fuel, and I'm poring over my maps trying to decide where to go. I think I'll load the wagon with the gear & then load the wagon in the truck, whether we get out & pull it or not. I have lined up 2 compadres to go along, and chose guys big enough to drag me to the truck if I get broken. (Thanks fellas!!;))

I have the ruler, & I know how to use it! ;) I expect to get stopped by snow, & part of the learning is finding exactly where the snow level is. Our Winter is hanging on, and it is today a gray, dreary, mizzling sort of day typical to the NW. The forcasters say by Saturday it's going to get sunny & hit 76F. :eek_big:

Off to get manic! :hihi: :hihi:

Go for it dude, just remember that photos are not considered evidense. You have to get a peice of the bigfoot!

Go for it dude, just remember that photos are not considered evidense. You have to get a peice of the bigfoot!

Roger Wilco. I'm on it like stink on scat. :lol: I took the camera on the tripod out to the truck & found I can wedge it so I get a view out the front. :) I plan to leave the camera run as we drive, and then later I can edit the drive into a time-lapse vid. Off to get more gear together. :eek:

Roger Wilco. I'm on it like stink on scat. :lol: I took the camera on the tripod out to the truck & found I can wedge it so I get a view out the front. :) I plan to leave the camera run as we drive, and then later I can edit the drive into a time-lapse vid. Off to get more gear together. :eek:

Odd that you should put it that way, scat just might be the key. A pile of bigfoot scat would contain the nesesarry DNA to indentify bigfoot as a real creature!

Odd that you should put it that way, scat just might be the key. A pile of bigfoot scat would contain the nesesarry DNA to indentify bigfoot as a real creature!

Yes indeedy. If I find any **** I can't identify, then you can count on me to bring it back. :(

I have half a dozen different destinations in mind for this trip, but all lie within the area of the Yacolt burn in the Gifford Pinchot National forest. HistoryLink Essay: Yacolt Burn, largest forest fire in recorded state history, destroys 238,920 acres of timber and kills 38 people from September 11 to 13, 1902.

Prompting these expeditions is the Sasquatch sighting of 2 years ago at Silver Star Mountain, which is sure to receive some of my attention on the adventures coming tomorrow. :cup: :beer:

Silver Star Mountain