Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

Turtle has posted some great links. Here are a couple more. :)

On the November 2005 hiker photos, a review of its possible authenticity!

And a geographic location of where abouts of the Expedition. ...

Great work Racoon! That's what I call gittin' wit da program.:lol:

This area abounds in history & in my humble opinion it is something of a naval of the world. (Because of her unusal origins, Earth has more than one naval). I.

As we have another expedition planning, I will accept suggestions for photos or any investigation of interest for us to carry out in the field.:note:

Tormod, I have to ask if Norway has any Bigfoot legends? :( All those mountains & intrepid explorers over centuries must have some little sighting?

I have yet to pin down which tribe of Native Americans gives us the name 'Sasquatch', but I am pursuing research on the tribes in the area of our explorations. So far it seems this area supported the Multnomah band of the Chinook, but the Lower Columbia supported a wide mix of tribal trading & seasonal use of resources.

The Sasquatch legends by whatever name often give the creature attributes of magic, such as causing people to forget or appearing/disappearing abruptly. Just so, as I indicated in the early posts some magical apparatus accompanied us on our trip. Through a portable PA & microphone, I drummed, pooned my harpoon in my dirty red bandana, broadcast a Khua a cubit long as Racoon worked it, blew a whistle, played a flute, & whirled my Bullroarer, all while Nag Champa spirited whispy tendrils of long dead monks into the clear sky.:note:

Tormod, I have to ask if Norway has any Bigfoot legends? :note: All those mountains & intrepid explorers over centuries must have some little sighting?

Not really - well, there are trolls and fairies and all the required stuff, but no bigfoot as such (but what do I know).

There is a legend about a creature in one of our lakes, Seljordsvatnet, but it's not as charming as the Loch Ness creature. :(

Not really - well, there are trolls and fairies and all the required stuff, but no bigfoot as such (but what do I know).

This entire Wicky article is recommended reading for those following the thread. I have quoted a couple passages pertaining to questions we recently raised.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sasquatch

For instance, northern Europe's former belief in trolls has been suggested to be similar to Bigfoot legends.

The term "Sasquatch" was coined in the 1920s by J.W. Burns, a school teacher at a British Columbian Chehalis reservation. Burns collected Native American accounts regarding large, hairy creatures said to live in the wild. Loren Coleman and Jerome Clark wrote that Burns's "Native American informants called these beasts by various names, including 'sokqueatl' and 'soss-q'tal'" (Coleman and Clark, p. 215).

Fascinating!:note:

For the types of minerals that can be found around the area we are expeditioning:

http://members.tripod.com/~WTompkins/index-26.html

BigFoot reports:

http://www.inthegorge.com/bigfoot_reports.htm

:Waldo: :eek:

Nice links oh masked critter! I don't agree with the mineral guy's wording though. The Last Chance mine is in the Gifford Pinchot National Forest & so is not subject to 'no trespass'. If there is still an active claim on the location, then the only restriction on people is taking minerals. People may hike or hunt on claims.:eek2:

Here is a list of Plants found near the area: Notice Bear grass, that Turtle identified and attached bolded at the very bottom!

We are scouring countless sites to bring you, the Hypographer, the very best!

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:tS22wr_U5K4J:www.wnps.org/plant_lists/counties/skamania/silver_star_mountain.doc+silver+star+mountain+skamania+county&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=4

Ok and another link I am editing in here, on what is called the Sasquatch Corridor :eek2:

http://www.gptaskforce.org/road_com.php?id=7

This research is difficult, yet I am up to the task. :eek: :Waldo: ;)

Searching the Wildlife we may encounter. For all of you outside beautiful Washington State, here you Go! :eek2:

Click on each species you would like to see!

http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/collections/mammalogy/mamwash/mamwash.html

AND!

http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/collections/mammalogy/mamwash/prlo.html

AND!

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/site/accounts/pictures/Procyon_lotor.html

Now a word or six about maps & orienteering. The map book I refered to & that Racoon & I used is Washington Atlas & Gazetteer Sixth Edition, Second Printing Copyright 2002 by Delarme P.O. Box 298 Yarmouth, Maine 04096

I also unearthed today the map I used when prospecting & staking claims in the area. It is Metsker's Map of Skamania County Washington by Metsker Maps Inc. 9616 40th Ave. S.W. Tacoma, Washington 98499

I meant to check my compass against the GPS on the trip & then forgot. Next trip for sure & so establish the current magnetic deviation for the area.

Having Google Earth is very handy as it also lets you zoom out & see where we are looking for Sasquatch in relation to the Columbia River & the volcanos.

This concludes this irregularly scheduled thingy.:hyper: :eek2: :phones:

The next expedition in the coming week or so is planned as another day-trip. We hope to bring the map/orientation errors to a correction, scout a campsite for a multiple day expedition (many Sasquatch sightings occur at night:eek2: ), and continue our cataloguing of the myriad minerals, flora, & fauna the Great Forest harbors.

The camp wagon is under refit to a 2-wheel format & we plan to have it ship-shape for the extended stay.

Reading Racoon's links, I see there is a lot more to Sasquatch than I thought in the way of professional interest, particulary the history of the investigations & sightings in the US. In going over the material, the Silver Star sighting in November last year seems a little atypical inasmuch most sightings occur along rivers & not on mountain tops. Nonetheless, the area is right & we intend to investigate the West Fork River bottoms that lay below & to the East of Silver Star Mt. (That reminds me! I have to buy a box of plaster of Paris to have on hand).

The game is afoot! A Bigfoot!:esheriff: :shrug:

and if that wasn't enough to slake your thirst! :D

http:http://www.bfro.net/news/silver_star_mountain.asp >>>oops, repeat, searching.

Keep your eyes peeled guys! :)

Theres a whole lot of Strange and Interesting Science coming your way!

here we are: class A and B sightings!

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/newadd.asp?Show=AB

Damn... I am gonna get spooked now everytime I hear a deer or racoon walking around at night. I shouldnt have listened to the howls either.... I got the hell scared out of me when I was younger by deer following me along the road at night.

A new Sasquatch search is soon to begin,

Enough to cause a layman chagrin! :D

Explore and Analyze for Science we will,

Report the findings for Hypographite thrill! :beer:

Into charted territories we trail-blaze,

Sure to find that which will amaze! :)

Flora and fauna, footprints and skat,

Will all be discussed, IF we make it back! :beer:

Pray for our safety, and wish us good luck,

But we shall equip in case we get stuck! :cry:

Bigfoot can run, but forever can't hide,

Because prepared imagination is on our side! :cake:

Racoon out

PPppppsssshhhhhhhttttttttt......

Damn... I am gonna get spooked now everytime I hear a deer or racoon walking around at night. I shouldnt have listened to the howls either.... I got the hell scared out of me when I was younger by deer following me along the road at night.

Nothin' one o' them handy-dandy multi-million candlepower portable lights won't fix up f'r ya Cedars.

I plan on not only catching a fully illuminated night photo of Sasssy, but catch 'em with a surprised & quizzical expression. I have a sence that these critters got themselves a fair sense of humor, & so they ought to appreciate a good joke turned 'round on 'em. I have in mind to trade 'em my mouth-harp for a photo opp & interview.:confused:

PS If you Google 'Sasquatch expedition', Hypography is #6!

Nothin' one o' them handy-dandy multi-million candlepower portable lights won't fix up f'r ya Cedars.

I plan on not only catching a fully illuminated night photo of Sasssy, but catch 'em with a surprised & quizzical expression. I have a sence that these critters got themselves a fair sense of humor, & so they ought to appreciate a good joke turned 'round on 'em. I have in mind to trade 'em my mouth-harp for a photo opp & interview.:confused:

PS If you Google 'Sasquatch expedition', Hypography is #6!

I hope your quest is sucessful, truely I do. It would be like knowing someone famous. I could tell my friends I cyber birdwatch with those characters!

Ya gotta respect someone who is willing to post poo pics for the world to gaze upon and ponder!

btw, after reading racoons bigfoot links you should probably upgrade the ruler to a yardstick.

Your #6! Your #6! Yay!

I hope your quest is sucessful, truely I do. It would be like knowing someone famous. I could tell my friends I cyber birdwatch with those characters!

Ya gotta respect someone who is willing to post poo pics for the world to gaze upon and ponder!

btw, after reading racoons bigfoot links you should probably upgrade the ruler to a yardstick.

Went out again today to the mountains. Weather cool & cloudy. Left around 9 am & returned 6:30 pm. Particulars later, but as usual it involves 2 steps forward & 1 back. No scat, but not for a lack of looking.:) (What I won't do for a little respect:eek2: )