Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

... I have half a dozen different destinations in mind for this trip, but all lie within the area of the Yacolt burn in the Gifford Pinchot National forest. HistoryLink Essay: Yacolt Burn, largest forest fire in recorded state history, destroys 238,920 acres of timber and kills 38 people from September 11 to 13, 1902.

Prompting these expeditions is the Sasquatch sighting of 2 years ago at Silver Star Mountain, which is sure to receive some of my attention on the adventures coming tomorrow. :) :hihi:

Silver Star Mountain

After a full day in the mountains yesterday, I can report that we saw no substantiable evidence or sign of Sasquatch. ;) I have to do some checking & compare my maps with the GPS data, but I think the mountain in the background of the photo below is Silver Star mountain. Note we all are signaling with the secret Sasquatch friendship sign. :) I can only say that a creature that wants to stay hidden in these environs, is not up against much of a challenge in that regard. :)

Although I think that this mountain has the perfect Sasquatch hideaway. :hihi:

Notice the needle-eye rock formation, and there appears to be caves along the side of it too.

That would definitely take a planned hike to look over the area, after the snow melts...

Although I think that this mountain has the perfect Sasquatch hideaway. :bouquet:

Notice the needle-eye rock formation, and there appears to be caves along the side of it too.

That would definitely take a planned hike to look over the area, after the snow melts...

Hard to believe that 2 days ago it was clear & in the 70's, and today it is now hailing and in the low 50's. :santa3: Nevertheless, da caves are on da list, & I will get to my shots of the formation ASAP. :)

I still have a lot of editing to do on vids & stills, but not far from the Sasquatch caves Racoon photographed, we found a few blooming flowers. Low growing (I didn't take notice of the leaves :bloom:) ball-like clusters of white flowers tinged reddish-brown on lower parts, on a single thick stem to a height of about 6 to 8 inches. We saw several, and they were individual plants widely spaced.

I collected one, and brought it home to record & research. After some searching, I believe we found Umber Pussytoes - Antennaria umbrinella; also called Brown Everlasting & Brown Pussy-Toes. See what y'all think of my ID. :( :bloom:

Antennaria umbrinella (Brown Everlasting, Brown Pussy-Toes, Umber Pussytoes)

Some of the scenic breaks in the time-lapse of this vid shows Silver Star mountain where Sasquatch was sighted about 2 years ago. The mountain is ~6 miles South from us as the crow flies.

A guy was over the other night & he lives in White Salmon and he told me his buddy has seen Sasquatch several times about 5 miles E of Stevenson. :cap:

YouTube - Cascade Mountain Sasquatch & Wagon Route Scout http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oMupUBk9Ao

Yea well, how many other sightings go unreported to avoid being a social pariah?

What if you advertised for unreported sightings to be logged in complete anonymity. You might find there's a pattern right in your back yard.

That mountain.... I'm thinking the creatures would prefer not to have the entrance to their home in view or out in the open type thing. In the shadow of crevasses (spelling?)

would be a more likely hideout. Access to water, there's a few sightings of them crouched over water, they likely drink often, other hominids drinking patterns?

The main valley on the right/centre of the photo looks promising. You could go up and down the mountain while hidden from view. You can also get to the other side without detection if my eyes don't decieve me theres only a roadway to run over and you're gone again..

If I lived there and wanted to get around I'd try find paths with a bit less climbing involved.

Google Earth the region!

'Homes' of sasquatch I doubt are on any trails, rather, in naturally formed cul-de sacs to the sides of them. Hidden. These with access to path networks for access to food and water.

Just watched Mighty Boosh episode last night where they are in the mountains in Yeti mating season. Funny stuff.

Some of the scenic breaks in the time-lapse of this vid shows Silver Star mountain where Sasquatch was sighted about 2 years ago. The mountain is ~6 miles South from us as the crow flies.

A guy was over the other night & he lives in White Salmon and he told me his buddy has seen Sasquatch several times about 5 miles E of Stevenson. :cap:

Beautiful country there!

So, have YOU seen signs of the bigfoot? :cap:

Beautiful country there!

So, have YOU seen signs of the bigfoot? :)

Aye...beautimous it is. :cap: I have not seen any signs of Sasquatch myself in 20+ years of exploring this forest. :cap:

Check out this rock formation that has a beastly appearence though! This is taken on forest road #54, up past the varves. :cap: :hihi:

That's where you'll find them on Sunday :cap:

Story of my life; a day late and a dollar short. :cap:

This photo is from the #41 road looking S or SSE. I think it is Little Baldy, a peak having an elevation of 3,898 feet and located ENE of Silver Star. (Elevation of Silver Star Mountain is 4,393 feet) If you use GoogleEarth to explore the area, turn on community layers and you will find some photographs of the area as well as reported Sasquatch sightings. :cap:

This vid is nuthin' but 10 minutes of driving through prime Sasquatch territory, along forest road #54 of the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. At the very end of the clip, a dear moves off the left side of the road; can you spot it?

Note: Audio removed due to profuse swearing & the telling of ribald jokes throughout the drive. Put on your favorite music while you watch. :lightning :turtle:

YouTube - Forest Drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igdnqvuHKlo

Although I think that this mountain has the perfect Sasquatch hideaway. :eek:

Here's my video of the rumored Sasquatch lair at Needle-Eye Rock. :cap:

YouTube - Sasquatch Lair http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRdela9TtYQ

Awesome Turtle! :xparty: You Rule!

Good thing you turned off the audio. :doh:

Yeah, the weather went from perfect, to perfectly crappy within 2 days. we nailed it though.

Indeed Racoon San. :computerkick: Recall some purposeful audio? :computerkick: In this video clip, Racoon calls to Sasquatch with the Bullroarer, as Turtle records the scene & Buffalo takes rear guard. Nailed it. :hihi:

YouTube - Sasquatch Mountain Bullroarer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVm7eOsuZGU

I'm sure you're scaring the crap out of them hehe.

I cannot be there physically, though you are in my thoughts and discussions over beer at night with the neighbours. Of all the 'mythological' beasts, my money's on Sasquatch.

Her's an ode for you, I can't rhyme sasquatch...

Here's to the scientists rough and ready

Who scale mountains in search of yeti

With bullroarers and radio sets

(They'll find his favourite station yet!)

Beff jerky and food aromas

Fat fed searchers in a coma

Yeti in a large tree bole

Steals their food with a fishing pole

A wig!, cries Turtle, lets get sexy

Get up all like a lady yeti!

Hairy breasts and a horrid stink

Distract him so bad he forgets to think

No, said Racoon, I have a plan

That doesn't involve not being a man

Candy! Who'd say no to that?

With a net slung above it he'll be trapped