Title The Best American Science Writing 2003

Author(s) Oliver Sacks

Publisher HarperCollins

Publication Date Sep 1, 2003

Format Paperback

Pages 288

Dimensions 6 x 9 x 0.72 in

ISBN 0060936517

I love Sacks's writing "The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" is terrific. He has great insight into mental problems, great compassion, and is a great observer and writer.

• 3 weeks later...

...i am currently reading Food of the Gods by Terrence McKenna

I might have read it. Is that about ethnogens?

I am reading a long-winded book on Genetics "The Impact of the Gene" by Colin Tudge. (Can someone recommend something better?)

The best quote so far:- "All genetics is a footnote to Mendal"

Also reading/browsing two popular books on medical mistakes and medical history, a popular kids book on science, and I am about to start another Paul Doherty medieval-murder-mystery. Just finished one and enjoyed it.

If you would like a good laugh you might enjoy the book "Motzart's Maulers" by Dorian Mode. You might have to be Australian and know about Rugby Union for a good LOL. It is the funniest book I have read since "Adolf Hitler my Part in his Downfall" by Spike Milligan or perhaps "My Family and Other Animals" by Gerald Durrell.

I LOVE Terry Prattchet's books so you might understand my sense of humour.

The best non-fiction book I have read of late is "Longitude" by ?? A small but amazing book about what we did before it and how we finally nailed it (Longitude). Incredible story.

Another great non-fiction is "Shaman's Apprentice" by (US Author) about his single minded hunt for plant medicines in the Amazon.

I'm currently reading Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson. Seems pretty interesting, I'm nearly halfway through it. Its a series of 8 books in 3 vol. set in the Baroque period.

I'm reading this book too. Did you read Cryptonomicon first?

:)

I might have read it. Is that about ethnogens?...

pretty much. it glazes over some basic enthogen information, some breif McKenna-accounts of experiences, and there is a lot on Humanity and the "Stoned Ape Theory".

....Another great non-fiction is "Shaman's Apprentice" by (US Author) about his single minded hunt for plant medicines in the Amazon.

haha, are you sure that isnt food of the gods? ::)