Science Forums

Word inventions.........

infamous

here is a list of more words, making up as i type here :phones:

telephonophronemophobia - fear of thinking while on the phone (noun) (usually telemarketers and dell customer support techs have this)

enniftyfy - a process of making something nifty (verb)

niftification - a process by which something becomes nifty (verb)

frectic - one who is frantic and hectic (adj)

intux - a process of installing linux on a computer ex: "How was your weekend? Oh, i had an intuxicating experience with this P3 box i had laying around!" (adv)

terrorist - a term made up by the Bush administration meaning anyone who the government suspects to suspect (noun)

historify - check back with historical records or make something become history ex: "I need to historify this information" (verb)

eneffulgenosesquipedaliperennialificate - a means of shining up something by periodically putting in long words ex: "Is it just me, or this guy is enefflugenosesquipedaliperennialificating his sentences to get a better grade?" (verb)

frivomenon - a frivolous phenomenon ex: "A sale at the local Dunkin Donuts is a frivomenon" (noun)

on the same note

frivomenoperendination - a process of putting off an event with no significant purpose or value to the day after tomorrow ex: i do this a lot (verb)

tis it for now enjoy :eek:

I especially like that one alex..., very similiar to;

Snailmobile: Automobile occupied and driven by a 95 year old individual who is lost in city traffic.............................Infy

This word has been used by myself more often than once or twice lately!!!

on the same note:

ricemobile - the car, usually a honda, that is going down the road sounding like 100 angry horses, lowered (by the means of decreasing the size of wheels), with a body kit that does not fit correctly and is broken and mismatched, with a hood painted gray or black, and has so little actual work done to it that it makes less power then that same car, but stock...

also

seahorsemobile - a geo driven by a 95 year old. The car by itself is not capable of 66 mph, but with a 95 year-old person behind the wheel, it goes a fraction of the speed limit in your lane. Usualy 30 in a 65, 25 in a 50/55, 20 in a 40/30, 15 in 25, blocks you way in the parking lot for like 20 minutes...

needless to say sea horses are capable of amazing speeds of up to 0.01 mph

Lol, ok, here come more words that i either invented today (long day of fixing other people's mistakes) or heard since last time...

fixerage - the product of fixing (noun)

godderdammerang - a "god dammit" that comes around to get you back (noun)

awkening experience - a good text-parsing experience (look up awk)

macificious - delicious but in a mac way (adj)

shiite - used instead of the word meaning "excrement" (this one i heard on the radio, oh and no disrespect to any religious group at all; i'm merely quoting this radio station)

ADD - Active Directory Disorder (acronym)

lol... i'll try to post more over the weekend

Thermal Metereologicide:

What happens when God kills you by cranking up the heat.

(That's why Africa's so poor. It's too damn hot to do anything.)

Alcocryotherapy:

The only defense against Thermal Metereologicide. Therapy that involves the consumption of vast amounts of refridgerated alcoholic beverages, preferably of the lager persuasion. (A more defined subset of this will be Cryolagertherapy, which is also a defense against Uglychickolytis. But that's a different story altogether.)

Hydropiscealcocryotherapy:

Same as regular Alcocryotherapy, but involves a boat and a fishing rod.