Science Forums

Word inventions.........

infamous

pseudodisunsympatheticantiphilaflatuphilosafolivor asniffibovinevisuophenomenoperendinationisticalasmatic
I cant figure out a way you can make that work, i will accept it as an entry and you would have won, however i can make my word longer then that and have a definition for it ;)

oh i meant to change the adj part to adv, i think it should be a description of an action...

pseudodisunsympatheticantiphilaeffulgenoflatuphilosafolivorapentitusniffibovinevisuofrivophenomenoperendinationistically

its an adverb and means - somewhat like in a manner similar to that if you were to put off a pointless act of whatching a sloth, addicted to deeply sniffing stamp collector's shiny farts to the day after tomorrow

pseudodisunsympatheticantiphilaeffulgenomadidaflatuphilosafolivorapentitusniffibovinevisuofrivophenomenoperendinationistically - somewhat like in a manner similar to that if you were to put off a pointless act of whatching a sloth, addicted to deeply sniffing stamp collector's shiny wet farts to the day after tomorrow

sweet, i have exceeded 120 characters B)

Never has one person garnered so much respect for doing so little.

Awesome. You must have soooooooo much free time.

I minvy you.

Minvy v. The absolutely smallest, quantum amount of envy

you can experience for someone, and still be able to say

truthfully that you "envy" them.

PS: when did this ever-growing word change from a "bovine" to a "sloth"?

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahu, according to the Guiness Book of World Records, the longest place name in the world. Check it out on NZ's Wiki Page.

But what to do when you're a born

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahunite, and you go somewhere and you're feeling homesick in your new town? Why, you

Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahuify it!

But beware! Impose too many changes on the local populace, and you might be faced with

Antitaumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateapokaiwhenuakitanatahunites!:turtle:

NOTE: I didn't put those spaces in! And I can't edit them out! What gives? :cup:

boerseun, i had the same issue with my word, but i found a hack, basically you put bold closing tag followed by a bold open tag about 20 to 40 characters into the word, and then another one 20-25-30-35-40 or so letter in and so forth, and there are no spaces... i mean like this:

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....

so instead of looking like this:

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....

it looks like this:

blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.....

P.S. pyro, i changed it when i first got my hands on it, to a sloth ;)

P.P.S. i have very little free time, most changes i made were less then in a 5 minute period so trust me you should not minvy me at all, you should not envy me either, i got soo much stuff to get done i dunno if 24 hours is enough time in a day for me... ;)

defurbish v.

To rip out the modern plumbing, electrical, phone and cable, and central air/heat systems from a new house, and replace them with an outhouse, a box of candles, a set of signal flags, some cardboard fans and a pile of chopped wood, so you can live just like your great-great-grandparents did.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am so resuming this thread (now that i'm back)

these are some words i've used recently:

dystypesic - (adj.) dyslexic in a typing way

enhackinate - (v.) when referring to a CVS one time disposable digital cameras (either still picture one or video), it describes the process by which the one-time-use camera became a $30 digital video camera (thank you Open Source Community)

quentintorontino - (v.) sometheing that was described from the ending back to be beginning

riaa - (v.) to do something that will put out of business lots of small companies (in the same field/business)

post more tomorrow :idea:

• 2 weeks later...