Science Forums

Girls always despise short men

Ps2Huang

I think size is more important to men than women. You see all kinds of shorter guys going to the gym and bulking up so that the girls will pay more attention to them, but I don't think it really matters. Personally, I can't stand to date a woman taller than me. I've done it once and it makes me feel akward to have to look up to look my woman in the face, it's very weird. I know it sounds stupid or shovanist, but that's just the way that I felt.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see all kinds of shorter guys going to the gym and bulking up so that the girls will pay more attention to them, but I don't think it really matters.

Not this one. I am who I am and I could care less what anyone thinks. I really don't think my size or shape has had anything to do with the girls I've dated. I think it has always been more dependant on who I am.

Ah, now the lads are all boasting about their height... :friday:

At least not if you want to date Buffy.
It's the same for any gal, 'cept some silly ones.

The way to conquer a woman is to conquer her sensitivity, boys.

Not this one. I am who I am and I could care less what anyone thinks. I really don't think my size or shape has had anything to do with the girls I've dated. I think it has always been more dependant on who I am.

I would say that personality matters a lot to me, but I would never approach a girl if she was too skinny or too round, so once they were approved in that way, then the personality would decide if they were dateable.

But you do need to know one thing. A guy who is about 5'7 or 5'9 walking along with 5'9 tall guy, that seems pretty same you know. So I think as long as not too short, it is fine.

The thing is that you are basing your assumptions on the majority. The majority of women might feel that way.... but have you seen TV lately? The majority of people on this planet are not worth dating to begin with, if you ask me... there are people worth dating (in both gender spectra) that would not care about the height of their partner (within reason.. I think once you start talking about something that would be a huge difference and cause something of a public spectacle you would find less women interested in dating...) Why? Well, I think this draws on a few of the responses here. Firstly I think it's because at some point in the past, we used to rely on men to take care of us, and the bigger the man, the safer we would be, theoretically. I read somewhere a while ago that even men being attracted to certain women was from an old chemical response - that there was actually a reason that men were more attracted to blondes, as it was easier for them to get pregnant or something, and that the 1:1.9 ratio of waist to hips was the most sexy for men all over the world because of the ease of bearing children associated with that hip size... so I can see why women might naturally be attracted to men who are taller. The other side of this is that women may not want to be with shorter men because many tend to be self conscious and do not want attention drawn to them. Again, from lack of self-esteem. I am a fairly tall girl myself, and I wear heels (when out of uniform) almost all the time... I never cared about height but found that some of my guy friends felt uncomfortable if I was wearing heels and towering over them; others thought it was cool to have a chick putting all the eyes on him.

I don't think it matters. I think the people in the equation matter... if the girl doesn't like it, she doesn't fit in the equation. That goes with pretty much everything anyone has to offer. If she's worth dating, she won't care about how tall you are. Usually.

...In my opinion, as ever.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that self-confidence is a important factor in attracting girls. I know this because I hear it all the time. (school, work, internet, etc.) Unfortunately, I think that girls have a very distorted view of what self-confidence is.

I think a lot of girls and guys have a distorted view of what self-confidence is. It seems increasingly more common to me that a young guy will come in and brag about drinking or something else similar thinking that's confidence.. or how he has so many other chicks that are "chasing" him. I also see young girls bragging about partying, etc. These things do not exude confidence. It's the same thing as a person who constantly points out the flaws of others, by laughing or making fun of someone for whatever reason. This is not confidence; it is telling me that you have something to hide. I hope that those kids grow out of that. For me, personally, the kind of self-confidence that I am attracted to is the kind that turns into courage in the face of adversity; confident in that you know what is right and are willing to stand up for that at all costs. Not afraid of being made fun of for something in the interest of justice or for the benefit of someone else. I would be attracted to anyone like that - man, woman, midget, centaur...

• 1 month later...
I think size is more important to men than women. You see all kinds of shorter guys going to the gym and bulking up so that the girls will pay more attention to them, but I don't think it really matters. Personally, I can't stand to date a woman taller than me. I've done it once and it makes me feel akward to have to look up to look my woman in the face, it's very weird. I know it sounds stupid or shovanist, but that's just the way that I felt.

that's nice to know i am 155 cm amd about 50 kg tall every one i know is taller than me so yer i have to look up at every one :eek: (what is a gym) i am a tiny person it's sad i tell u

I think a lot of girls and guys have a distorted view of what self-confidence is. It seems increasingly more common to me that a young guy will come in and brag about drinking or something else similar thinking that's confidence.. or how he has so many other chicks that are "chasing" him. I also see young girls bragging about partying, etc. These things do not exude confidence. It's the same thing as a person who constantly points out the flaws of others, by laughing or making fun of someone for whatever reason. This is not confidence; it is telling me that you have something to hide. I hope that those kids grow out of that. For me, personally, the kind of self-confidence that I am attracted to is the kind that turns into courage in the face of adversity; confident in that you know what is right and are willing to stand up for that at all costs. Not afraid of being made fun of for something in the interest of justice or for the benefit of someone else. I would be attracted to anyone like that - man, woman, midget, centaur...

that's not fair i am one of those people who makes fun of other people and trust me i know all of my own inadiquces :eek:

that's not fair i am one of those people who makes fun of other people and trust me i know all of my own inadiquces :)

It is fair... making fun of other people only makes you look like a real tool. It is not in any way attractive. Of course, you are welcome to make fun of others (until you pass a certain point where it becomes illegal) - but do not question why this makes you unattractive. If you don't want to be attractive, then you are headed on the right path, but don't question the reasons, since you are making that choice.

I'm VERY much attracted to shorter men given that they DO possess a degree of cuteness or hotness for that matter. My current bf is only 5 6', very skinny, scrawny, yet as I told him before I wouln't change a thing about him and I love him just the way he is. (So cheesy). Also this guy at my workplace is uber hot, who is 5 4' and I barely notice how his height hinders his attractiveness. For me attitude is all about it BIG TIME so don't worry about your height. (weird girls like me find it cute)

Oh yeah btw tom cruise is sort of creepy.

and go to askmen.com for hilarious yet true dating tips.

• 5 years later...

I have an answer to the OP. No women don't like Tom Cruise. I have seen his name mentioned a lot of times but nowadays women don't like him like they used to. They say that he is too short, etc. And his height is 5'7. The only reason women outside of Hollywood liked him in the first place is because they thought that he was 6 foot like he looks on the screen.

The same **** happened to Bruce Lee. He had a lot of fans but when females realized that he was only 5'7 then Chuck Norris became a bigger name than him.

• 4 weeks later...

Its we women who are skinny obsessed. Guys don't really like *fat* girls, but we all *know* they get less choosy the closer it gets to last call. Most guys don't seem to notice the difference between a size 2 and a size 10, and quite frankly the fat is invisible if the cup size is large enough. On the other hand, what guys really don't appreciate is the amount of time we spend comparing ourselves to other women, and in today's fashion concious world, optimizing looks is a huge pressure, and no matter how good your self-image (which is the *real* issue with us), you still look fat in the mirror. Its hard *not* to be bulimic/anorexic these days.

Bottom line though is most guys are totally clueless, and if sex is involved, they're just happy if you don't look like Eleanor Roosevelt. Being on the Rubenesque side matters only to us girls...and unfortunately most of us realize that.

Cheers,

Buffy

That sounds all nice and politically correct, but its bullshit.

It takes two to Tango.

Buffy always intimates that Sex is the only thing guys want most and that many would blow up a bus load full of school kids to get it.

WOE is the woman who has to live up to the unrealisticly high L.A. or New York Fashion Standards.. Pitty Poor them women who Waste massive amounts of money on fashion and make-up with unrealistically high standards of beauty....

A Real guy wants a Girl who can laugh and fart during the basketball game. And who makes a killer Green Bean Casserole