Science Forums

Girls always despise short men

Ps2Huang

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why this trend is so common. Girls usually have no interest on the men who are shorter than they are or around their height?

Tom Cruise is not tall, and I want to know do all American women love him to be lover?

Do you think height does matter in love?

By the way, how tall is Tom Cruise?

It is the constant female search for better resources that is at the bottom of this, in my opinion. A larger roll of paper towels is desirable for exactly the same reason a larger man is. Simply put, women are taught from the moment they receive their first brawny-chested Ken doll that "bigger is better". It has nothing to do with love.

EDIT: I guess I should have looked at the date before replying to a post someone dug up from 2005.

• 4 weeks later...

It is not just women. Men also tend to have more respect for bigger men. It is a distinct advantage for a presidential candidate to be tall and broad.

There is a simple reason for this and it has always been the case. It will be the case as long as we exist. We are evolved small group primates who lived in hunting/gathering groups for hundreds of thousands of years. The groups all centralized around the alpha male(s), It was they who most agressively defended the females and offspring. They kept the male juveniles under control and had the most productive control over the females.

So, it is instinctive for a woman to feel more secure with a larger man who is taller than she and is muscular.

The Secular Humanist doctrine we have of "equality" guides us into thinking this is "wrong.," but doctrines do not change human instinct even though they may alter their expression.

I'm VERY much attracted to shorter men given that they DO possess a degree of cuteness or hotness for that matter. My current bf is only 5 6', very skinny, scrawny, yet as I told him before I wouln't change a thing about him and I love him just the way he is. (So cheesy). Also this guy at my workplace is uber hot, who is 5 4' and I barely notice how his height hinders his attractiveness. For me attitude is all about it BIG TIME so don't worry about your height. (weird girls like me find it cute)

Oh yeah btw tom cruise is sort of creepy.

and go to askmen.com for hilarious yet true dating tips.

In this case, the instinct/emotion that has surfaced is the mother/cute baby one. You are a self-confident female with enough assurance that you feel no insecurity. You don't need a strong man to make you feel secure.

Gee Racoon, what a bump!!! :rotfl:

It will be the case as long as we exist.
Don't you know how evolution works?

In an environment where fist fighting has less and less relevance, women who instinctively choose one of the big brutes get little actual advantage from it, no matter how strong their sense of security may be while under his arm. In an environment where the smart guys can more likely offer a future, women who instinctively choose one of them will increasingly get an actual advantage from it, even when the same guy ain't no Hercules. How do you reckon things might be going?

In an environment where fist fighting has less and less relevance, women who instinctively choose one of the big brutes get little actual advantage from it, no matter how strong their sense of security may be while under his arm. In an environment where the smart guys can more likely offer a future, women who instinctively choose one of them will increasingly get an actual advantage from it, even when the same guy ain't no Hercules. How do you reckon things might be going?

Absolutely, we all know that! There is much more than one trait that women seek. What was not mentioned was the one I mentioned. And surely most women prefer a man taller then she. All mine have---and yours? :P

Just supposition here, but since people tend to seek their equals, smart women are going to pick smart men, regardless of the smart guy's phenotype.

Well, in hetero pairings.

*wonders where the nerdy gay people go*

And surely most women prefer a man taller then she. All mine have---and yours? :P
You should be cautious with insinuating ad hominem if you have nothing to offer a woman but physical height. Many o' the gals that came after me were no shorter than me and quite a few were even noticeably taller.

:shrug:

You should be cautious with insinuating ad hominem if you have nothing to offer a woman but physical height. Many o' the gals that came after me were no shorter than me and quite a few were even noticeably taller.

:shrug:

They seem to have flocked to you! In my case, they came to me because they wanted an intellectual, a tall one. :rolleyes:

(Note: we both used past-tense!)

In my case, they came to me because they wanted an intellectual, at the cost of him not being tall.

(Note: we both used past-tense!)
You're right. We both know what that means, eh?

Means neither of us is an intellectual any more. :lol:

In my case, they came to me because they wanted an intellectual, at the cost of him not being tall.

You're right. We both know what that means, eh?

Means neither of us is an intellectual any more. :lol:

I see where you are "floating on a sea of hydrogen." Late last year, my digestion was so messed up that I had hydrogen flatulance!

I was propelled by hydrogen. I felt I was on the cutting edge of alternate energy technology!:blink:

• 1 month later...

Well, women are attracted to people who are famous, rich, or generally good looking. But you should know that you don't have to be famous or rich to make a woman feel this way. It's about how you act.. by being "cocky and funny". If you can respond to women indifferently, and being slightly sarcastic, you will get very responsive women coming to you.

Or you can just get a little taller the natural way by wearing shoes that make you invisibly taller. Check out how to do this.. [sPAMLINK REMOVED]

If you weren't born how you want to be, then change it... that's what I say at least haha