Science Forums

Explain your avatars!

Tormod

mine is black though and it is a 120cc not a 110, also I didnt put the decals on, but it doesnt go over 100 miles an hour, does not have 300 HP under the hood, but it does have billet 10 in rims, billet throttle housing, full carb, full pipe, big boar kit, billet foot pegs, gusseted swing arm, fully adjustable rear shock, full front shocks, billet shock clamps, disk front and rear breaks, braided lines all the way around, easy clutch kit and electric start, and all of that comes stock from the factory and for a moderate price of $1,700 :naughty:

No, i dont have a car, but it will only exist to get from A to B as all the fun will be done on bikes...

Okay, I can't resist, if we're going to start bragging bout our vehicles... Here's the Buffymobile on a recent outing. A penny to anyone who can even remotely identify the location. A dollar if you can name the road (yes its an official state highway, although we try to stay off them...). We have blown doors off of TT's... :xx:

Oh, she's a 2001 Camaro SS with a few "additions" under the hood for about 335 hp....

On the road again,

Buffy

Sounds like a monster. Gimme some 100 octane and I dyno out at around 295. Regular gas'll get me 270ish. Is your 335 at the wheels? It's kinda hard for me to pull huge wheel horsepower numbers w/ all wheel drive.

Oh, :naughty: you're not blowing any doors off this TT if there are turns involved. Coilovers + All Wheel Drive = :hihi:

(P.S. -- Sorry for going a bit off topic)

Sounds like a monster.... Is your 335 at the wheels?

The stock SS does 315 on the dyno w/89 octane. Its a 5.7L Injected V8, no turbo/super. I have after-manuf SLP parts added (afficionados will note I do not have the std SLP chrome wheels), that provide an extra 25hp, although I haven't had it on a dyno since I had the stuff added.

Oh, :naughty: you're not blowing any doors off this TT if there are turns involved. Coilovers + All Wheel Drive = :hihi:
Yes, you'll out-corner me, but watchout out of the corners and on the straights! :xx: Actually my friends who favor european suspension are amazed at even the standard SS suspension on this thing, and I have Bilsteins on order...No question that 4wd helps lots though!

"Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Boys! Let's go racing!"

Buffy

...watchout out of the corners and on the straights! :hihi:

No joke! I bet she hauls some major ***. Fun stuff. The Bilsteins will be great. I had them on my previous car (Audi A4). You'll be pleased.

Enjoy, and drive safe! :naughty:

EDIT: I changed my avatar. Found this alien pic and it's too cool.

I think this thread is turning into "Explain my wheels". Should I split this into two threads?
I was going to suggest that....but only if there are more car phreaks (or in alexander's case, mini bike phreaks) than there are chess players out there....

Meep, Meep!

Buffy

The stock SS does 315 on the dyno w/89 octane. Its a 5.7L Injected V8, no turbo/super. I have after-manuf SLP parts added (afficionados will note I do not have the std SLP chrome wheels), that provide an extra 25hp, although I haven't had it on a dyno since I had the stuff added.

Yes, you'll out-corner me, but watchout out of the corners and on the straights! :xx: Actually my friends who favor european suspension are amazed at even the standard SS suspension on this thing, and I have Bilsteins on order...No question that 4wd helps lots though!

"Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Boys! Let's go racing!"

Buffy

I would like to be awarded sexist quote of the day.

You sure your a girl? :naughty: very nice motor by the way I'm jelous. :hihi:

Makes my 3.0 litre peugeot pale into insignificance. Mind you it does 155 mph and has got every comfort extra in the book and runs on half price lpg. An important factor in the uk with petrol at nigh on £5 pounds a gallon.

You sure your a girl? :naughty: very nice motor by the way I'm jelous. :hihi:

You're right, its *very* sexist! Watch out or I'll blow *your* doors off!

Yah, I like my powerplant. Thanks for the compliment!

Go Shawna Robinson! Hey, Jeff Gordon, you're hot and I'm available!

You can't tell a book by its cover,

Buffy

Yeah Tormod, we need to split this thread. Sorry to have polluted it so badly. Should I open a new one or do you want to? (not sure which is easier if you're "splitting") Mebe call it "Baby you can drive my car"?

Vrooom,

Buffy

How about an on-topic post?

My avatar's a wombat. Wombats are cute, and an article I read in "Natural History" magazine claimed they are the most playful marsupials. They like to run at each other as fast as they can and knock each other over. The author described them at play as "frolicking fireplugs".

I have never met a wombat in person, so if one of our Australian members tell me they smell bad, I'll be sad. I might change my avatar to a quoll or binturong, then.

I've been meaning to ask why you picked a wombat Zad... The smell of a wombat depends on where its been! You can go frolick with them in the animal parks there, and they're fun...as long as they've had a bath! Not as mean as the 'roos, that's for sure. I personally think they are tremendously cute.... Australia should be on everyone's list of "must" places to visit...

Vegemite neutral,

Buffy

I chose Einstein because I was lazy and didn't want to go searching for an avatar that really represented something to me... like girls... yeah, that's it... I'll put a girl as my avatar. I just hope people realize that my avatar is a girl because I like them and not because I am one. :naughty: