Science Forums

Explain your avatars!

Tormod

Mine is a TI-83+ - my favorite calculator. I've been thinking of changing it, though. I'm not sure what I should make it, any ideas?

the only thing better is an 89, you can do crazy things with it, you can actually run gcc on it and install Unix, on a calculator, that is pretty amazing. but yeah, i have an 83+ SE, not bad, wish they had more common sense setup, but it does the job :cup:

Oh, my, how galant of you, Tormod!

Yvonne: is this how he swept you off your feet or did he use a club?

HA Ha ha ha ha ha <*falls down on the floor in loud laughter*>... Thats a really good one Buffy :hyper:

Oh, and i dont see why there cant be any discussion about cars, engines and anything in between on an intellectual site, Dark, it takes knowledge and quite some intellect to build a nice car, so i dont see a reason why there could not be any heated discussion about new engines, etc. (should probably move this to the technology section though, but if you guys want, I could start posting up interesting articles about automotive technologies...

Oh, my, how galant of you, Tormod!

Yvonne: is this how he swept you off your feet or did he use a club?

Cheers!

Buffy

Well, actually to tell the truth - I met him at his house-warming party. He had just bought a new apartement down town Oslo, my lease was up, and I could move right in... (I went to England to study some months later...).. we're still togheter but live in another apartement today!

___Oooohhh Yvonne! Do you quilt? I have wanted to quilt some of my Katabatak patterns Tormod is musicalizing, but I can't sew a straight line. Is you avatar a quilt you made?

___Uhhh... I keep changing my avatar...it's kinda fun but I hope not distracting.:hyper:

BTW...this is a thread on avatars...anyone notice Yvonne's new avatar? It is a quilted hypo logo!

Is it appliqued or pieced? Hand-quilted or machine quilted? Beccareb's mom is a quilter, and beccareb also to a lesser degree, so I have significant exposure. My job is color-matching.

Hey Zad; have you looked at any of the color patterns in the thread "Katabatak Math..."? Basically all squares of color; the order is a rigid math construction, but my color choices are arbitrary. For our discussion in that thread so far, we are using 9 colors, no more, no less. I invite you to take a look & see if you have some neat colorist input. Tormod is trying to work out musical notation for it. I watch a quilting show almost every week on Saturday & wish for a Katabatak quilt. Thanks:)

PS I will make my avatar one of the patterns! :hyper: