Science Forums

Herbs and Herbal Supplements

Racoon

Ok, this one is for all the Horn-balls on this site :)

DAMIANA (Turnera aphrodisiaca ) Quite the Botanical name!! :)

As its name suggests, Damiana is reputed to be a sexual stimulant and is a folk cure for impotence :D

However, herbalists recommend it for more mundane uses; such as a Laxative and overall bodily function improver. Some herbalists 'beleive' it reduces anxiety and promotes a feeling of well being. :eek2:

Take 1 - 3 capsules before meals or mix 10 - 30 drops of extract in liquid daily.

Ok, another herb that can be used as a strippers name! :D

JASMINE(Jasminum officinale): For hundreds of years the leaves from this plant have been brewed into a delicious and relaxing tea.

According to folklore, the oil from this flower can be sexually arousing if rubbed on the body :eek2:

It makes a good after dinner drink. It can calm you down.

Lets ship some Jasmine tea over to Syria, and let em' have a tea party! :)

that would calm them down. :)

ahhhhh, jasmine teeeeeeeeea. . . . . . .

so dilicious, so calming, a truely enchanting herb indeed

Yeah, duh?

Uncle Jed in Texarcan makes the best bootleg Moonshine that will make you go blind! :D

OK here you go, Straight from the Racoons mouth!

JUNIPER BERRIES (Juniperus communis):

A Dutch pharmacist used Juniper berries to "create" a new and inexpensive diuretic, which he called Gin! (in the 1500's)

But the Drink caught on in popularity for other reasons! :D

For centuries Juniper berries have been used as a folk remedy for urinary tract problems including gallstones! :)

Its also used to treat Gout. The Berry is also good for digestion and cramps.

Racoon has a Bonzai Juniper that does indeed berry!!! It's my oldest one :)

You may take 10 - 20 drops of extract daily, or drink a cup of tea or two...

Thanks for your interest and Inquiry Turtle-san :eek2:

Ok, quick hitter here,

WILD OREGON GRAPE (Mahonia aquifolium): Native to North America, it became popular over in Europe as a "Blood Purifier".

Wild Oregon Grape is beleived to enhance liver function, and is used to treat jaundice, hepatitis, and other liver ailments. :eek2:

Its also a good diuretic, and may be good for eczema and psoriasis.

Make a tea from dried herb, and drink daily; or mix 10 - 30 drops of extract in liquid. :)

good one here.

Calea zacatechichi is a dream inducing herb used by Chontol Mexican Shamans to induce lucid dreams. in studies regarding this herb and a placebo, it has been proven to induce more dreams, and especially more vivid dreams among volonteers. There is also reported a feeling of well-being is said to persist for a day or more with no unpleasant side effects. sounds good to me...

good one here.

Calea zacatechichi is a dream inducing herb used by Chontol Mexican Shamans to induce lucid dreams. in studies regarding this herb and a placebo, it has been proven to induce more dreams, and especially more vivid dreams among volonteers. There is also reported a feeling of well-being is said to persist for a day or more with no unpleasant side effects. sounds good to me...

I heard of things like this before on online shamen shops.

There is also an African Dream Root that is supposed to enhance the dream state, which can also induce lucid dreams, if you're lucky.

I'm thinking about perchasing something like this.... but I'm looking for something really impotent to start off with. And then maybe work my way up to the African Dream Root (which sounds like a really crazy experience... in your dream state, of course)

Anyone know of any other good dream herbs? I'm trying to figure out which one would be the best for me....

Anyone know of any other good dream herbs? I'm trying to figure out which one would be the best for me....

http://psychoactiveherbs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=161&osCsid=401539a05427279360c49dfdbdb1703f

you can read up on them there and then decide which one is best. personally, as a source for information on different herbs i like psychoactiveherbs.com though Loren swears by bouncingbearbotanicals.com

im pretty sure that it desnt make much defference.

http://psychoactiveherbs.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=161&osCsid=401539a05427279360c49dfdbdb1703f

you can read up on them there and then decide which one is best. personally, as a source for information on different herbs i like psychoactiveherbs.com though Loren swears by bouncingbearbotanicals.com

im pretty sure that it desnt make much defference.

Funny how we all have our quirky preferances, eh, mr. tart?

I've always used shamanshop.net. I'll check out those two websites and see if they have anything different, though. Thanks, Tart.

Ok, quick hitter here,

WILD OREGON GRAPE (Mahonia aquifolium): Native to North America, it became popular over in Europe as a "Blood Purifier".

Wild Oregon Grape is beleived to enhance liver function, and is used to treat jaundice, hepatitis, and other liver ailments. :)

Its also a good diuretic, and may be good for eczema and psoriasis.

Make a tea from dried herb, and drink daily; or mix 10 - 30 drops of extract in liquid. :D

___I know this plant well, but not its medicinal qualities. I have grown it as Bonsai, and I have some growing wild on my woodlot. This plant grows as a small to medium shrub & has very thorny leaves resembling Holly. Leaf color is a combination of red & green, and it produces small clusters of yellow flowers.

___Thanks for the medicinal information Racoon! :eek2:

i was browsing that site (shamanshop.net) and i was interested to see a product called "mellow smoking blend". im no expert on botanicals or herbs but the brief descriptions provided by the website made the product sound very pleasurable indeed, especially if mixed with everyone's favorite THC containing magical green herb. i am wondering, though, if it is pure adertisement...

if you know anything about herbs please click on the linkand tell me what you think.

Ok Ladies and Gents,,,

HORSETAIL (Equisetum arvense): Long used by herbal healer dudes in Europe and China, Horsetail is aka 'silica' - and is very rich in nutrients. Horestail helps facilitate the absorbtion of Calcium by the body..

It is also believed to eliminate excess oil from your skin while strengthening nails and hair! ;) ;)

Sounds like an herb Racoon ought to look into a little more closer! ;)

Ok Ladies and Gents,,,

HORSETAIL (Equisetum arvense): Long used by herbal healer dudes in Europe and China, Horsetail is aka 'silica' - and is very rich in nutrients. Horestail helps facilitate the absorbtion of Calcium by the body..

It is also believed to eliminate excess oil from your skin while strengthening nails and hair! ;) ;)

Sounds like an herb Racoon ought to look into a little more closer! ;)

This herb also makes a great pot scrubber when camping.;) How is it prepared for the uses you give Racoon?

___Another question Racoon, that is tangentially related. What role does fasting play in the body's nutrional chemistry? Is fasting considered or discussed in the academic study you have underway? Is it recommended. & if so under what constraints?

___I hear that eating less extends the life span & have you any info on that? That's all I have until I have more.;)

Turtle Over

Psshhtt

Not to much Info off the top of my head..

STEVIA (Stevia rebaudiana): Is Originally from Paraguay.

its supposed to be 200 X sweeter than sugar. They use it Japan as a non-caloric sweetener, But as Clay mentioned, it hasn't been approved by the FDA.

Why? I don't know... Its not like Artificial Sweeteners are so great :evil:

You can get this herb at shops and botanicals.

I have grown a couple of Stevia Plants ;) They're pretty easy to grow. Thats what I would recommend.

I just ate the leaves. But they didn't taste 50 - 200 times sweeter than sugar. ;)