Science Forums

How can telepathy be possible in perspective of science?

How can telepathy be possible in perspective of science?

Does the brain emit electric pulses?

If so then is telepathy plausible?

:hihi:

None of the four natural forces can be responsible for it, as far as I can tell. Telepathy has not been demonstrated as far as I know, and if it could be demonstrated, I doubt whoever could do it would not show it to the world to convince the skeptics.

None of the four natural forces can be responsible for it, as far as I can tell. Telepathy has not been demonstrated as far as I know, and if it could be demonstrated, I doubt whoever could do it would not show it to the world to convince the skeptics.

Why not? I doubt media attention would be something that all telepathic people fear, some might even enjoy it, if they possessed the ability.:hihi:

(Like me. *Telekinesis used to type*, again):xx:

1) The human brain has electroencephalographic outputs under 50 Hz. There is no bandwidth available for telepathic information transfer and there is no bandwdith available for uplink-downlink separation from more than six billion minds. No telepathy.

2) At any given moment at least 100 million people lethally hate Bill Gates, 24/7, yet he lives. No telepathy.

3) Your average human brain burns along at around 80 watts. That sums to 500 billion watts of brainpower worldwide. How does it escape detection? No telepathy.

___I must reaccert(sp) the extra dimensions of string theory & moreover doesn't quantum mechanics 'prove' instantaneous action at a distance through experiment?

___No proof is not a proof.

___I recently saw a study on how dogs know the owner is coming before they are anywhere near enough to smell or hear or see; they ran tests of visits at non-routine times as well.

...or that weird gland that some sharks have that can detect EM from muscle movement from some significant distance or being able to smell blood miles off. Who's to say that telepathy isn't pheromone based? Or quantum entanglement based? <twilight zone music plays/>

OTOH, its clearly and iffy thing, and non-reproducible under formal scientific experimentation. Psychic soccer moms can be wrong a lot of the time like on Medium...

Eerily,

Buffy

There is an interaction that we have yet to understand. When you decide to get up from your chair, the root cause of the motion, even before any electrical impulse is generated, is your will to do it. Unfortunately we were given these vehicles without an instruction manual. If we could figure out the connection between the self and the body i.e. how will is translated into electrical signals and ultimately motion we would have a better idea of whether or not producing motion outside the body is possible. I suppose, in a sense computer programs in which brain waves are used to move the cursor on a computer which could then be used to manipulate machinery might qualify as telekinesis.

I once read an amusung anecdote, when G. Marconi was born one of the women remarked on his ears being a spot on the large side. The very touchy mother rebutted: "They shall hear the small voice of the still air!"

Any EMF emitted by the brain would beak weak and would be drown out by background EMF.
Perhaps some of the background is due to neural activity. Nowadays is, of course, a different matter from in past times.
This would be useless and would not provide better reproductive success and not selected for.
I wouldn't be too sure of it having no reproductive value. Especially if I could hear other's thoughts and not vice versa...
1)... 2)... 3)...
1)Who has ever tried measuring high frequency emissions from brains?

2)Telepathy doesn't necessarily mean telecide.

3)When propagation in the ionosphere is excellent, short-wave enthusiasts can copy each other at antipodic positions using tx powers of less than 10 watts. If brains were all emitting such powers in EM waves, we wouldn't detect the gigawatts of worldwide total unless we really wanted to detect it.

In order to effectively transfer info between a number of tx and rx points by EM waves, the essential is for the info to modulate suitable carriers, in each tx, and for each rx to have selective tuning and demodulation. Although it would by be not at all impossible, nobody has ever determined that our brains include such technology.

doesn't quantum mechanics 'prove' instantaneous action at a distance through experiment?
Certainly not in a way that could be used for info transfer.

What we usually tend to forget as well is that we can't rule out telepathy by saying it can't work with the forces we know as the inexistence of something can not be proven, so I could postule a force x which allows telepathy and if I find it there we have telepathy.

Postulating such a new thing is not even taken very far, remember we don't know what 80% of matter/energy of the universe is....

By the way I strongly belief in some kind of telepathy, not the one I think something and you know what I think, but more between people that have some kind of tight bound; I motivate this by peronal experience but that's a story out of topic....

___Sanctus said, "... not the one I think something and you know what I think, but more between people that have some kind of tight bound..."

___I believe I have telepathic experiences, some intentional (described in the threads "Hypography Mind Experiments..."), some accidental; moreover some are personal in a strong-bond way you mention, while others telepathic experiences I've had were impersonal.

___Now while these experiences have convinced me of telepathy, it is the general case in science that anecdotal data is insufficient. All the more reason to keep looking for a satisfactory explanation. ;)

yes i believe there's also some sort of telepathy...one i, or anybody can not explain (yet).

i've had strange connectivity with people that can not be explain with coincidence.

it is hard to believe in something that's not scientifically backed. i take that back, billions of people do that.....i guess it's hard FOR ME to believe in something that can't be proven such as telepathy. but when you experience it, it's hard not to...you know?

it's like if you take a couple hits of acid and ride a dragon through the melting clouds of onxiou.....ok i guess it's not...that analogy just isn't going to work out.

Sorry i did not post this before, but i just thought of it.

Electricity is shot through the air with little to resistance. what if we were to concentrate our electrical bain waves. it may not be controlled but still plausible as a theory. a big resistance would be our skulls. if we were to over come this then i think it is plausable (this is of course that it is possible for our brains to produce a high enough electrical wave to emit a beaken).

Electricity is shot through the air with little to resistance. what if we were to concentrate our electrical bain waves. it may not be controlled but still plausible as a theory. a big resistance would be our skulls. if we were to over come this then i think it is plausable (this is of course that it is possible for our brains to produce a high enough electrical wave to emit a beaken).

;) Electricity, like lightning, requires millions of volts to overecome the resistance of air. Electro-magnetic radiowaves are propagated through the air and the resistance grows with distance and with the frequency of transmission. A good place to begin would be to figure out what frequency to use based on the size of your antenna. IMO, we would consider the antenna to be about the size of the synaptic gaps in the brain which would indicate the need to use an ultra high frequency which has an extremely high power requirement. The power requirement would be compounded by the fact that high frequencies do not penetrate well so the skull would be a hugh obstacle. Then again, maybe the right diet would enable you to produce the kilowatts needed from an average 80 watt brain. As an alternative perhaps a fitting with a larger antenna from Radio Shack would help ;)