Science Forums

Obama/Biden vs. McCain/Palin

Racoon

150 Million raised in September! Holy cow!

Average donation size was $86. Great example of people voting with their wallets (even with the economy falling apart around them.

And Colin Powell endorses Obama as well.

And I second the bravery on Palin's part. Not easy to go into a situation like that where you know some of the humor will be at your expense.

My ballot arrived and I have voted & mailed it to election headquarters. This year I voted the Democratic ticket in order to cast my ballot for Barack Obama for President of the United States of America. He has the temperament, education, experience, professional backing, and well-reasoned positive plans of action that I see as hopeful & helpful for the country. :) :)

My ballot arrived and I have voted & mailed it to election headquarters. This year I voted the Democratic ticket in order to cast my ballot for Barack Obama for President of the United States of America. He has the temperament, education, experience, professional backing, and well-reasoned positive plans of action that I see as hopeful & helpful for the country. :) :)

As have I.

Although I didn't mail it yet, becuz' today is Sunday.

Washington State = 11 electorals for Obama.

259 to go! ;)

I am currently working the phone banks 3 days a week at the Obama HQ in our small town in Missouri. the tide is turning for Obama in the last few weeks. The crowed of 100,000 at the Arch, 70,000 in K.C. Its been a great weekend Here in Missouri.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/18/us/politics/18missouri.html?hp=&pagewanted=print

G'donya T Bird.:turtle:

Today in the news: :turtle:

Former Secretary of State Colin Powell has endorsed Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama, saying the Illinois senator would be "a transformational figure" and represent "a generational change" at a critical time for the nation and the world.

But Sunday morning, Powell told NBC's Tom Brokaw that he was uncomfortable with the direction the GOP had taken in recent years and with the tone of the campaign McCain had run this fall. He said McCain was "a different kind of Republican," but that it was not enough.

He also objected to the negative tone of much in the McCain campaign, as well as the choice of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin for vice president and some of McCain's maneuvers responding to the economic crisis. ...

Op-Ed: Powell Endorsement 'Devastating' For GOP : NPR

Today in the news: :turtle:

Can you say, "In Complete Denial?" How about saying that all of this is Obama's fault again for pulling the Race Card?

YouTube - Limbaugh says Powell endorsement is only about race http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnJsYu1gzmQ

Let me say it louder, and let me say it even more plainly. IT WAS TOTALLY ABOUT RACE! The Powell nomination — or endorsement — totally about race.

No, there's definitely no racism in America any more, Rush said so. So this is all just exposing the *facts*, about how racist Obama supporters are.

AFRICAN, n. A n****r that votes our way, :turtle:

Buffy

"So, are we clear here? The only reason Obama got this endorsement is because Colin Powell is black. Also, the only reason
, and
have endorsed Obama is because Colin Powell is black."

The Colbert Report - Monday, October 20, 2008

Can you say, "In Complete Denial?" How about saying that all of this is Obama's fault again for pulling the Race Card?

Since you went ahead and posted Rush in all of his glory, sounding like the fathead he is, and looking like he wishes someone would pass the dip (or the oxycodone as it were), I would like to post, if I may, an unrelated reply to Rush by Keith Olbermann, which I think adequately sums up my disgust for the divisionist "entertainer." :turtle:

YouTube - Keith Olbermann Destroys Rush Limbaugh Over Edwards Smear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53Ef739Vlkg

Sorry for the interruption. Please, on with the topic at hand.

Remember this speech? Colin Powell: The Speech that led to WAR.

Your point being?

The speech was written and hallucinated"vetted" mostly by "The Dumbest F******g Guy on the Planet."

Trying to blame this all on Powell is right at the top of Today's Republican Talking Points list. Good job CC!

Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame, :turtle:

Buffy

Just a side note here. Sometimes it is more efficient to make a list of positives when the list of negatives is simply to long to enumerate. That seems to be the case with both sides in this election. Can anyone put forth a list of positive Presidential qualifications held by any of the morons running that would support voting for them? Me thinks it would be a much shorter list than the list of negatives for any of them.

Just a side note here. Sometimes it is more efficient to make a list of positives when the list of negatives is simply to long to enumerate. That seems to be the case with both sides in this election. Can anyone put forth a list of positive Presidential qualifications held by any of the morons running that would support voting for them? Me thinks it would be a much shorter list than the list of negatives for any of them.

Roger. In post #224 I did just that for the moron(s) that I'm supporting and have voted for. :)

(On a side note, it looks like the Senate may go to a Democrat majority and so may have as much influence as the next Presidency as the President. I did vote for some incumbent state officials running as Republicans as they have done a decent enough job.)

Roger. In post #224 I did just that for the moron(s) that I'm supporting and have voted for....

I see that you have listed some positives but I question his "experience" since he is only a junior, first term Senator. I also think many of his proffered plans cannot simply be decreed by a President, they are promises that could only be implemented by Congress. It seems all of the Presidential candidates now want to make promises that couldn't keep if they wanted to. I wonder when the public will hold them accountable for this practice.

"I'm also troubled by, not what Senator McCain says, but what members of the party say. And it is permitted to be said such things as, 'Well, you know that Mr. Obama is a Muslim.'

"Well, the correct answer is, he is not a Muslim; he's a Christian. He's always been a Christian.

"But the really right answer is, 'what if he is? Is there something wrong with being a Muslim in this country?' The answer's 'no,' that's not America.

"Is there something wrong with some seven-year-old Muslim-American kid believing that he or she could be president?

"Yet, I have heard senior members of my own party drop the suggestion, 'He's a Muslim and he might be associated terrorists.' This is not the way we should be doing it in America.

"I feel strongly about this particular point because of a picture I saw in a magazine. It was a photo essay about troops who are serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"And one picture at the tail end of this photo essay was of a mother in Arlington Cemetery, and she had her head on the headstone of her son's grave. And as the picture focused in, you could see the writing on the headstone. And it gave his awards -- Purple Heart, Bronze Star -- showed that he died in Iraq, gave his date of birth, date of death. He was 20 years old.

"And then, at the very top of the headstone, it didn’t have a Christian cross; it didn't have the Star of David; it had crescent and a star of the Islamic faith. And his name was Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan, and he was an American. He was born in New Jersey. He was 14 years old at the time of 9/11, and he waited until he can go serve his country, and he gave his life." – Colin Powell on Meet the Press, October 19th, 2008

I remember in 79 meeting a decorated naval officer when I was in boot camp. He was telling us. the guys in our company in great lakes Ill navel base. war stories about being a POW during Viet Nam. He was not like any other officer I had met, he was a cool guy ! he answered our silly questions and took time to reassure us that we would get used to the navy and the home sickness would give way to the adventure we were to about to embark upon. He was right ! I found myself about a year later in the south china sea off the coast of Viet Nam and Cambodia rescuing boat people escaping genocide. We saved over a hundred men women and children that were a drift and dying with no water or food. I was awarded a humanitarian medal with a bronze star and a sea service medal . I was awarded these for saving people, not killing them. I am proud that I can say I am a decorated vet without firing a shot. The John McCain today is not the same John McCain I met years ago. He was been taken over by the same forces that have been behind G.W.B. for the last 8 years. Where is the cool guy I met 30 years ago? Colin Powel is asking the same question.