Science Forums

The Meaning Of Life?

Vmedvil2

Look at that picture and tell me that's not where its ears should be. Now imagine its eyes right about its snout. Better and cuter no?

I don't know where the god should have placed his ears but I would say that his eyes are precisely where they should be. Maybe you should do your own little experiment with moving his eyes around on his head to see if you can find a better location?

Keep in mind that a predator is better suited with his eyes farther forward but a preyed upon animal is better off with his eyes more toward the back of his head in order to allow him to see the preditors. 

Think of the horse for a good example! Or the lion who doesn't really care all that much what's behind him.

Doesn't the god work in miraculous ways!

Edited by montgomery

I think the real question is what do you refer as "meaning" is . Everybody has its own definition of meaning, But what do you probably are trying to say is "What is life for?" In that sense, life is a result of the laws of the universe. Some say it's by some accident. I subscribe to the theory that life was an unavoidable phenomena. It just emerge and thrive when the conditions are the correct ones. The only thing life is good for is reproducing and creating more entropy. For me, I think that, for a conscious being, the "meaning" is whatever fulfills its psychological needs and is satisfactory on a deep level.

Edited by Solrack

Dolphins, if I remember correctly, use sonar under water, and their entire forehead is a sound receiver.

I'm not sure they even have ears. It just looks like their eyes should be at the front, but I think that's because their snout looks like a dog's. :)

Dolphins are lovely animals. Getting pulled along by one as it's gunning it through the water is great fun. It wasn't thinking get off stupid monkey, it was a trained dolphin.

• 2 weeks later...

Why are dolphin's eyes where their ears should be. Eyes should be at the front above it's snout so it can see what it's looking at. :)

When you are not at the top of the food chain you have to be able to see a potential threat approaching from the rear (or above or below).  Humans generally don't have to worry about being attacked from above or below, but we have a fairly flexible neck to direct our binocular vision around us.  As you may have noticed, normal sound in water is non-directional, so ear location is not important.  Hearing in the audible range is irrelevant when you use ultrasonic echo-location for hunting and communications.

• 2 months later...

Friends,

I read this once:

A certain type of analytical personality sometimes becomes depressed because he cannot find any meaning to life.

Pause.

I used to get like this. As The Preacher says in Ecclesiastes:

"I said in mine heart, Go to now, I will prove thee with mirth, therefore enjoy pleasure: and, behold, this also is vanity. I said of laughter, It is mad: and of mirth, What doeth it?"

By "Laughter" and "Mirth" a take it that he means all enjoyment—not just that humor is meaningless.

Yeah, I used to read Ecclesiastes a lot.

Anyway, back to what I once read:

One day the dissolute intellectual will come to realize that the only thing in life that is meaningless is the search for meaning. Things don't mean anything, they simply are.

Switch gears:

Ideally, the meaning of life should be hunting, taking scalps and stealing horses. It is a shame the modern world allows so little scope to practice these praiseworthy activities.

Saxon Violence

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
The most global joke is that no meaning of life exists. There is not even a concept such as "destination." The universe, when creating life, does not wonder what this life should pour into. This is logical, because having assigned each person a specific meaning of existence from the start, the Universe deprives us of two things that it itself provides us with - the right to choose and freedom.

This concept, to put it mildly, looks wretched, and the Universe can act only ingeniously, therefore its whole idea is to provide a person with a testing ground for experiments, be sure to check out essaymama review!

You can imagine life as the area of ​​land allotted to you, and the rest of the resources generously bestowed from the universal shoulder, as tools with which you can use this platform in the way that seems most fun to you.

If you want - break up the garden, if you want - build an amusement park, a house, a pool, or anything that can visit your bright head. This is the greatness of our existence - we are not limited by how to dispose of ourselves and our lives. We are limited only by the fact that somehow we must somehow dispose of all this (but this is not a limitation, but, on the contrary, a concept leading to infinity).

• 7 months later...

The Meaning of Life......Hmmm                                                                                                                                                                                                                          The answers to the most profound questions can be found on the lips of a woman.                      (Momma dint raise no fool)

• 2 months later...

Exist. 

Consume. 

Reproduce. 

Die and pass your genetic and organic matter on to other creatures, which will aid the production of more life.

.......Eventually.

On a more personal note and as a human, I believe my
own personal rai·son d'ê·tre is to help as many people
live
a good life and overcome their problems as possible
before
I die and give my organic mass
to the 'recycler' himself! 🙂

To each their own. It's the most difficult, final, and possibly
either life-fulfilling or life-destroying decisions we can make.
NOT to be taken lightly.