Science Forums

What's Growing In Your Garden? Horticultural Science

Turtle

Shannon... errr... Wife-Pooh errr... Pookie-Bear, is doing a garden with the neighbor again this year. We have a trey of seeds in the kitchen beginning the germination process by the back window. The broccoli is coming up strong. Variety of hot peppers too this year. And some sunflowers that promise to be 12 feet high! Plus some summer squash is planned. Tomatoes. And a whole section of herbs. Should make for some fine cooking!

Bill

Shannon... errr... Wife-Pooh errr... Pookie-Bear, is doing a garden with the neighbor again this year. We have a trey of seeds in the kitchen beginning the germination process by the back window. The broccoli is coming up strong. Variety of hot peppers too this year. And some sunflowers that promise to be 12 feet high! Plus some summer squash is planned. Tomatoes. And a whole section of herbs. Should make for some fine cooking!

Bill

___If you see a turtle in the garden or near the back porch, it's just me. (Please don't make a pet of me.:confused: ) That is a great selection Pookie...err Ms. Bear.;) Keep us posted so we may garden vicariously.

___I did plant some decorative squash a few weeks ago; I just buried the whole little fella in a mound. It was a leftover from the Halloween display. The garlic is alive & growing & so at the least I can have some fresh garlic greens before I heave ho.

___I retrieved the crown of the Cedar & it will make a very nice staff. The break left 2 pieces, one the staff & the other a section about 6ft long & 4" thick. I brought them both up, & split the 4" piece in two along its length. These I plan to make into pulling poles for the wagon.

___Racoon came to visit & told me what I thought was a Lemon Verbina is not a Lemon Verbina; I forget now what he said it really is.

___The rains have come & that is all.:hyper:

The plum trees outside just fired off. (cough) (wheeze) Much worse than the cherry trees that fired off last week. (kaff) (ahem)

Gotta love mother nature,

Buffy

___Mother says sorry about the allergies.:circle: She knows she's not always right.:singer:

___As you mention Plums & Cherries in bloom Buffy, have you noticed if the bees are out polinating them? Wet and/or cold conditions can keep the bees at bay & have a serious impact on the crops.

Loving Mother Nature inspite of her mistakes,:confused:

Turtler

Mother says sorry about the allergies.:singer: She knows she's not always right.:confused:
Even when she's wrong, she's right. Yay Mother Nature!
have you noticed if the bees are out polinating them? Wet and/or cold conditions can keep the bees at bay & have a serious impact on the crops.
Rain, rain, rain. Not too many bees buzzing. ("Tut, tut, looks like rain!") but then we're 30 miles from the nearest croplands, so its not as big a deal here....

Enjoying the beautiful magenta and ivory panorama out the window (coff),

Buffy

___If you see a turtle in the garden or near the back porch, it's just me.

___Racoon came to visit & told me what I thought was a Lemon Verbina is not a Lemon Verbina; I forget now what he said it really is.

It was Variagated Thyme of a lemony variety..

Definitely not the Verb....:confused:

I'm getting excited for this grow year! :(

it's always a fresh experience...

Planting Basil early in trays - easy grow- big $$$

Parsley is my new-next-big thing - a true super-food...

searching for polychromatic complimentary flower for my Chinese Bell. :cup:

Onions are goin' in early - Walla Walla Sweets :hihi: :cup:

my blood pressure and cholesterol are going down...

Every growing season provides opportunity! :cup:

ain't it great?

Spring Time!!

I love it...:) :dog:

the Holly Tree is doing great! Its on year 4.

IN a Container! :D

Do you realize how hard those trees are to transplant from wild to container??:cup: (I've failed many times)

I will transplant it again to a more glorious pot

Looks like my Japanese Painted Fern (Athyrium niponicum pictum) might not have made it :( Got it last year at Washington State Ag. Extension...

Damned squirrels keep digging in my bonzais :rolleyes:

it disturbs the Moss...

Lots of dirt under my fingernails,

Racoon

• 2 weeks later...

Weather is getting better! :rant:

Ready to start planting some seeds in my Vegetable garden area.

Gotta work some compost in the soil! Make em' grow big!

Snow peas again... Onions early! :xx:

Tomatoes later....

Gonna' head to the nurserys in a week or three and pick up some Herbs!

Love the Spring time renewal...

Trimming the dead off last years perennial herbs

>French Lavender mmmmmmm.

>Lemon Grass

>Sages

>the Mints

The Raspberries need to be pruned already so they don't overcrowd and hog all the sunlight.

Feels like a great growing season! :hihi:

something so Zen about it....

Does anyone have a remedy for blight??? :hyper:

We get a Southwest Washington variety around here...

I heard adding Lime to the soil helps. ;)

Please help if you know anything...

It has ruined several Tomato and Bell Pepper plants before, and wiped out the rest of what would have been a Great first year of Snow Peas for me! :hihi:

I'm planting more Onions and Carrots this year too... thinking that growing beneath the soil as opposed to above might yield more.:hyper:

My grow space is somewhat limited by Sun-light patterns with Neighboring structures and digging dogs... Although I have "fenced-off" areas they would like to piss, ****, and dig in...:evil:

I'd just assume get rid of all dogs, but I'm kinda' obligated at this point for their well being.

Dogs don't go down easy, espesially to ring-eyed varmits. :hyper: + Racoon = :hihi: + :evil:

Remember, it ain't the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog!

Bill (;))

Right BigDog!

But I don't think Dogs want a nasty case of Rabies either! :hyper:

I love dogs. I just don't want them tearing up my whole place and then looking so sweet and innocent!