Science Forums

You know you are a geek when...

eeh, i dont really like red bull, all the geeks drink bawls, all the people who can't drink bawls drink rockstars. red bull just is not as big as it used to be. But i guess some places are different from others :) red bull is only good just after it receives a shot of jager, but before it fully mixes, its like coke, it's only good in long island ice teas :)

You know you are a geek when you lined up for halo 3 at midnight and then went home and finished it in 4.5 hours :D

:)

It took me a lot longer than that, but I'm out of practice. Which brings me to...

You know you are a geek when your Friday night plans involve beating Halo3 and playing friends in deathmatch. :) :D

you know you are a geek if you can stand up to the biggest Halo fan in the word and openly tell them "HALO sucks!!!!" and then go and describe how much...

Thats just silly, a games purpose is to entertain. If you dont enjoy it like the next person that doesnt make the game suck.. sure it doesnt have the best graphics or physics, but they must be doing something right to have 1.5million people logging onto live each day. I for one enjoy playing the games, so it doesnt 'suck' thanks :)

you know you are a geek when you adjectify computer security terms, (e.g. firewallify and idsify)

You know you are a geek if you verbalize program names in sentences (i.e. Have you nmapped that box, oh its showing sp2 eh, did nemesis return anything that it was even remotely interested in; ooh this open remote desktop port has me worried, you know you metasploit this box against rdp vulnerabilities, i bet it will shell you back :evil: )

Jay, my biggest peeve is not people like you, its those guys that live gaming, they guys that have a "HALO is the greatest game in the world and everyone should play it" attitude. Those are the biggest HALO gamers, and those are they guys whom i have to remind that such is not the case and explain why. You can enjoy second life for all i care, the minute you say out loud that its the best game ever made is the minute you run into my biggest tick off with gamers :(.

Question, Jay, i got bored with the first HALO within 15 minutes of playing it, HALO 2 got me bored in 7 (because they didnt really fix my issues with the first one, it was almost a copy of the first one) So HALO 3, is it finally different from the first 2, i may actually possibly give it a try one of these days, just gotta find someone who has it (one of my gamer friends should) :

I find it hard to believe you didnt find much of a difference between the first and second - because if anything there is less difference between the third and second. What was it that you where hoping they would fix?

You know you are a geek when your to-read booklist is longer than your shopping list :hihi:

aaaaw, well i'm dissapointed already.... :hihi:

you know you are a geek if you have ever sent a 2 letter long email secured with a 4096 bit rsa key encrption and signed (with a 1024 bit key) message from a server you are connected to over ssl, with all your traffic piped through a 4096 bit rsa-encrypted connection... wait i wonder if i can use tor on top of that :hihi:

You know you are a geek among geeks when you make passing reference to the Kobiashi Maru and you know that you are fully understood without further explanation.

You know you are a geek when you have to speak up and say, "but Kirk rigged the whole thing". Thereby starting a lengthy conversation/debate which will easily spill over into other matters such as Tribbles, Poisonous planetary gas sensing, and philosophy in general. :)