Science Forums

Do you remember...?

Boerseun

No, but my cousin had one with clay composite wheels that were apparently even worse!

Ollie oop,

Buffy

Sheesh - clay wheels! That goes way back!

I think there was a dig up in Malawi where they found an ancient fossilised sk8tr troupe, with fitting graffiti as rock art and earthenware skateboards...

I remember a time when there wasn't a medical diagnosis (and pills) for every kind of mental hiccup. Nowadays, you've got this syndrome, that disease, this disorder requiring those pills, a type X personality that will require these tablets till you die, etc.

Back in the old days, you were simply full of ****, and it passed.

Don Herbert

He died last week. RIP Mr. Wizard. :rip:

So sad I watched him all the time.

the series Watch Mr. Wizard premiered on March 3, 1951. The weekly 30-minute show featured Herbert as Mr. Wizard, with a young assistant who watched while Herbert performed interesting science experiments.[3] The experiments, many of which seemed impossible at first glance, were usually simple enough to be re-created by viewers. The show was very successful. 547 live episodes were created before it was canceled in 1965.

I for one will mis him.

So sad I watched him all the time....I for one will mis him.

I watched him, too. One of my favorite TV shows in the B&W era.

At least two generations of American children have "missed" him, too. We live in a science-illiterate culture now. [sigh]

How about the Maverick TV series 1957-1962 starring James Garner and Jack Kelly.

I just bought all 124 episodes on DVD. It is like being 12 or 13 again.

Oh, dude, I am so so soooooooooooooo envious!! I want to be twelve years old again.

Warner Brothers TV put out several B&W cowboy series in those days. Maverick (the best), Sugarfoot, and... can you remember the others???

Pyro

• 2 weeks later...