Science Forums

Do you remember...?

Boerseun

...back when The Hoff was famous for driving a talking Trans-Am, instead of being surrounded by a bevy of half-naked bimbo lifesavers who seemed to be capable of only running in slow motion?

I have to say, when I was a kid, the talking Trans-Am was pretty cool. But then, as I got into my teens, the bimbo lifesavers was a lot cooler than a talking car.

Puberty. Hahahahahahaaaaa...

Doors at a store that did not open automatically. Public toilets that did not flush automatically. Strange that the bathroom doors are never automatic...

I remember when I was a kid, standing out front of the automatic doors, walking back and forth, back and forth, open... close... open... close... open... close.

Maybe it's a good thing they don't put 'em at the public restrooms. :hihi:

"Hey kid! Cut it out, will ya? I'm on the toilet over here!!" :rant::pain30:

Do you remember...?

Accompanying friends and loved ones all the way to the gate at the airport and waiting with them until their plane left. :airplane:

Guest chendoh
I remember when I was a kid, standing out front of the automatic doors, walking back and forth, back and forth, open... close... open... close... open... close.
Ridin' the elevators in the hospital, while Dad was visiting Mom.

Guest chendoh
How about the old drive-ins with the all-night spooky shows, valley of the Dolls, The Blob I remember when it was black and white. :airplane:
Bein' in the trunk, while your older brother was payin' $2.50 a car load

:airplane: How about FULL service gas station's, there was 1 for the tires, 1 to wash the windows, 1 to check the oil, 1 to pump gas, 1 to take the monies ( at 23 cents a gal.) you can trust your car the man that wares the star. :rant:

Aaaa! the good old days. :pain30: :hihi: :hug:

...yards full of clover?

My yard is full of clover.

...when dandelions were considered pretty?

I consider dandelions to be very pretty, especially when they seed.

...burning dead leaves in the fall?

:spam:

I think we're the only house in the neighborhood that doesn't do this.