Science Forums

Do you remember...?

Boerseun

do you remember The Lone Ranger ...and The Shadow ...on the radio?

I do. I was about 8 years old. That would have been ~ 1954.

do you remember signs over water fountains, and even over the order windows at hamburger joints, that said, "Black" and "White"?

[shudder] I do.

And speaking of old hamburger joints, anybody remember King Frosty?

Guest chendoh

Does anyone remember if the EMH on STVoyager ever settled on a name for itself?

I know it used several, during the show's run, and might have? picked one near the end, but I'm not sure.;)

...when mullets were considered cool?

So cool, in fact, that McGuyver had one?!?! :turtle: :hihi: :turtle: :hihi: :hihi:

And mustaches! Remember Magnum PI's awesome whiskers? Tom Selleck looks rather stupid without it nowadays, but he's about the only guy in the world allowed (and licensed, I'm sure) to wear a moustache.

...when mullets were considered cool?

So cool, in fact, that McGuyver had one?!?! :evil: :lol: :hyper: :hihi: :doh:

And mustaches! Remember Magnum PI's awesome whiskers? Tom Selleck looks rather stupid without it nowadays, but he's about the only guy in the world allowed (and licensed, I'm sure) to wear a moustache.

Lets not forget Flanders... :hihi:

I have

• draws full of old beta tapes.("Buy beta" my tecnophile friend said "It is the best system so has to be the one they go with". . .well no,. . Oz went with VHS!!!)
  • Boxes of slides (& slide projector? must be somewhere?) Remember the old horror- "Slide Nights"?:cup:
  • Old home videos (little bitty ones that don't play on anything now)
  • Several old Macs Including a Mac + which must be worth money as an antique soon ("Why would you need 4 megs of Ram!" my Computer-literate DOS friends would say while they put incomprehensible codes into a black and green screen. "What do you need a mouse for?!" sneeringly, they would say. I've just remembered they have never apologized for years of ridicule the bastards.)
  • Heaps of old moldering SLR camera gear.
  • Books (lots)
  • kitchen gadgets (Does everybody else have a draw-full of these that looked like a good idea at the time? Now never use; even if you could get the stuffed drawer open?)
  • An old typewriter (which unfortunately got thrown out in my move to this house.(As you have gathered I never throw anything away. That's why the place looks like a storage depo and we have no friends because my wife says the house is too messy to invite anyone over.)
    Thats why I while away my lonely days here. It that a sad violin I hear?

God I rave on!

P.S.

One thing I do miss are the Massive B Vitamin pills with a touch of methedrine we used to have when I was a psychiatric nurse (60's).

They were GREAT for Hangovers!:turtle:

I remember getting them out ready for the day shift one New Year's Night.

I was on the unpopular (for that special night) Night Shift.

Most were straggling in often direct from parties :turtle:

(It took an hour for the full comp. to arrive!) looking a little green :alien:and worse-for-wear.

A hand-full of Max-B +Meth got them up and running.:hihi:

I can't remember why we gave them to patients-if we ever did.:D

kitchen gadgets (Does everybody else have a draw-full of these that looked like a good idea at the time? Now never use; even if you could get the stuffed drawer open?)

:turtle: to right! wouldnt know what half of them do and the other half are used more seldom than they are needed because you forget you have the dam things!