Science Forums

Coffee

Can someone with more coffee knowledge than myself speak to the differences in "blends"? Obviously a breakfast blend isn't as strong as the bolder ones. French and Columbia blends seem to be ranked about the same as far as strength, however I seem to feel the caffeine in the French moreso than in the Columbia, yet I like the flavor of the Columbia better. However, I'm not sure what the differences are. Yes, I could search for the info online, but I thought it would add to the discussion and that this way others could learn from input as well.

2 u.s. gals. a day tripple strength (at least!!!!)

gots ta have my coffee!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...cofffffffeeeeee!

hooray!!coffee!!

avoid all name brands labled "master roast, french roast, breckfast blend" as these are nasty and bitter!

instant!!!!!yuck!!!!!!! to brew real coffee in a normal drip maker takes no longer than to boil water!

On a diff note... $60 u.s. for a bottle of whiskey!!!!!!!!WTF!!!!!!!!! Hope yer talkin good stuff!!!!!(at least 30 years old!) 7 year old jack daniels is only $15 u.s.d. here in Pa. fer 750 ml. bottle. for the older (29 Y.O.) of the same $30 u.s.d.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay-qu

Only coffee I drink is from a plunger

Reply orig posted by?

You Aussie's are strange indeed.

I'm pretty sure he meant a French Press coffee maker.

ya puts in da grounds then the 'plunger" (press.) then tha hot watuh then ya lets it sit fer a bit then ya push the pressplunger (whichever ya prefer to call it) and it strains out thuh grounds finally pour and drink! they're pretty neat not as good as a perkie though. If only perkies were as quick as drip makers.....sigh...........perk coffee is da bomb!

Originally Posted by Turtle

They showed a bit about a doctor who recently pioneered growing coffee plants on arbors in Hawaii. It lets in more Sun and increases both the quality and quantity of cherries. Or so they said.

Do you remember his name? I wish I could've seen this show. Always interested in this kind of stuff and growing plants. I wonder how coffee would do with terra preta.

Aha! Seems I have something called 'on demand' on cable and I didn't even know what it was! Anyway, as my roomy was showing me its wonders, what should scroll by but the show on coffee I referred to. I can now answer the question about who started growing coffee on trellises; good old 'Kona Joe'!

Dr. Joe Alban that is. Here's some linkage: :eek_big: :weather_rain: :help: :weather_storm:

News - The Morning Read: His Rx is a cup of Joe

Brewing Up a Hawaiian Success

I remember watching the same show Turtle. I believe it was "Modern Marvels: Coffee" on the History Channel.

Anyway, it was from that show that I learned the horrors of coffee percolators. They sound positively dreadful, although I have yet to try a brew made through that method.

Has anyone here ever had a cup of coffee made in a percolator?

Aha! Seems I have something called 'on demand' on cable and I didn't even know what it was! Anyway, as my roomy was showing me its wonders, what should scroll by but the show on coffee I referred to. I can now answer the question about who started growing coffee on trellises; good old 'Kona Joe'!

Dr. Joe Alban that is. Here's some linkage: :cup: :) :0176: :cup:

News - The Morning Read: His Rx is a cup of Joe

Brewing Up a Hawaiian Success

Man, I'd like to try some of his coffee. Sounds like good stuff. :)

For the last couple days, I've been fighting a nasty flu and racked by coughs, and about the only thing that cheers me and warms me in the mornings and evenings is a few cups of coffee and cocoa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't decide which is worse; instant coffee or the beans that have been shat out by a strange animal.

I used to eat instant coffee when I was younger and didn't have time to make coffee. Now I drink too much but I love it and its all I've got in the way of vices what with the kids and husband.

Have you tried Wake Up pills?