>it increases tone of the muscles

>intestine becomes more active because of coffe's laxative effect

>coffee makes the gastric glands secrete more actively

>the morning coffee acts on the kidneys

>coffee after lunch acts on the gastric glands helping in digestion

>afternoon coffee acts on our muscles helping us feel less tired

>evening coffee stimulates the mind and imagination

>coffee also helps remove certain salts from blood

coffee bean contains 1% caffein combined with acids .

caffine is a stimulant and extremely reactive to uric acid

(more extra facts are always welcome )

also any idea how these happen ??

Coffe originated in Etheopia where the roasted crushed beans were rolled with fat and carried over long distances as coffee balls by warriors. While there is disagreement about the circumstance of its transport, it was being farmed in Yemen as early as 600 ACE. :evil:

"Turkish coffee was made of a Berry of the same name, as Black as Soot, and of a Strong Scent but not Aromatical; which they take, beaten into Powder, in Water as Hot as they can Drink it; and they take it, and sit at it in their Coffee Houses, which are like our Taverns. The Drink comforteth the Brain and Heart and helpeth Digestion." :doh: - Francis Bacon

I remember reading somewhere or possibly I saw a feature about it on the tube, that coffee is loaded with antioxidants also. Can't be all bad, I've been drinking it for over 60 years, at least 6 to 8 cups a day and I'm still kicking. That reminds me, I've got a fresh pot brewing and I'm ready for another cup.........good to the last drop............................Infy

at least 6 to 8 cups a day and I'm still kicking

:) :lol: :doh:

I don't drink coffee from anywhere but Starbucks and this local joint that sells absolutely amazing coffee. ::drools::

I love coffee, but don't get to drink it that often (since I don't have time before school to get some), and I don't drink it at night (since I fancy sleeping, and hate decaff).

As for coffee and its health benefits, I heard recently that it has shown to decrease the risk of cancer in initial testing.

So drink to your health. Here's to delicious anti-carcinogenic beverages. ;)

Coffee was introduced in europe leading to a european conterversy

doctors stated coffee will damage the body like a poison and should be banned

coffee can actually act as a poison when supplied in large quantities

(proved scientifically) and can create toxins in small children

>the odour of coffee itself stimulates many organs

>the blood vessels are dilated so that circulation is improved

>this removes some fatigue toxins from the brain

>coffee increases pulse rate stimulating the heart

>it increases tone of the muscles

>intestine becomes more active because of coffe's laxative effect

>coffee makes the gastric glands secrete more actively

>the morning coffee acts on the kidneys

>coffee after lunch acts on the gastric glands helping in digestion

>afternoon coffee acts on our muscles helping us feel less tired

>evening coffee stimulates the mind and imagination

>coffee also helps remove certain salts from blood

coffee bean contains 1% caffein combined with acids .

caffine is a stimulant and extremely reactive to uric acid

so go now and grab a cup of coffee

(more extra facts are always welcome )

also any idea how these happen ??

Some of these I've claims never heard of, such as coffee acting on our muscles makes us less tired or of "fatigue toxins." Could you supply some links to back these up?

Caffeine helps to stimulate alertness by blocking adenosine receptors in the brain and also helps to increase energy by causing the release of extra fatty acids into blood (for immediate energy) and thermogenesis (extra body heat). There are other effects, but those are the ones I'm familiar with.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caffeine.

BTW, I do enjoy coffee very much. It's one of life's sweet sins.

Coffee to me is linked to intellectual;) discussions. I pleasantly remember the time when I was a student in DU, we used to spend hours in the Coffee House that served South Indian Coffee also known as Filter coffee.

I also have a fond memory of drinking coffee, while on a trip to Germany, it was my first experience with Cappuccino, but i really missed the quantity, it was so little.

I used to consume large quantities, 4 or 5 pots, a day and then I quit smoking. Within weeks my daily craving for coffee disappeared. Now I fix 1 cup of cuban coffee, an expresso preparation, in the morning and that is all I usually have anymore. I do find that I am still mostly immune to the effects of caffeine from all of the years I drank huge quantities.

I do find that I am still mostly immune to the effects of caffeine from all of the years I drank huge quantities.

I too have little problem with sleeping or nervousness during my waking hours so often reported from over comsumption of coffee products. To this day, I can still drink a pot of coffee and shortly thereafter, lay down and fall promptly to sleep. Waking up several times a night to relieve my bladder is however, another question entirely. During the course of a nights sleep, I usually find myself doing this at least two or three times............................Infy

...To this day, I can still drink a pot of coffee and shortly thereafter, lay down and fall promptly to sleep. Waking up several times a night to relieve my bladder is however, another question entirely. During the course of a nights sleep, I usually find myself doing this at least two or three times............................Infy

As one oldster to another, the nightly trips may have more to do with an enlarged prostate than with coffee consumption. While it is normal for the prostate to enlarge as males age, it is worthwhile to have regular exams as it may also be an indication of prostate cancer.

Do you know the amount of caffeine present in unrefined coffee seeds is sufficient to harm our body? Liquid carbon dioxide is used to remove excess caffeine present in it.

This is a bit of a gross generalization. Only decaffinated coffee is treated to remove caffeine and coffee in general is not 'refined'. Washing, roasting, and grinding is all that is required and as we have discussed it is the amount consumed that presents potential health hazzards. :sun:

More coffee based facts from a certified addict..

1) Coffee seems to excert a protective effect against the development of type 2 diabetes (roughly a 50% risk reduction in you guys drinking >5cups a day)

(many papers, here is one http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/abstract/291/10/1213)

2) Coffee can cause and certainly exaccerbate anxiety (DSM IV classification)

3) Coffee causes fasciculations (wee multiple muscle twitches)... These can be a bit irritating...

4) Coffee can exaccerbate endometriosis for you ladies out there

5) Coffee will decrease the time spent in REM sleep (one for you pre-bedtime drinkers)

6) The coffee you drink as a pick-me-up in the morning could also make you more open to persuasion..

7) Higher caffeine intake correlates to a lower suicide risk (possibly by raising 5HT - Serotonin)

8) Coffee consumption has a protective effect for Parkinsons disease, and possibly Alzheimers (http://coffeescience.org/parkinsons)

Err... That's all I can come up with this eve, except perhaps if you are a seasoned coffee drinker and ever feel the need to cut down (like I had to at one point), I seriously recommend NOT going cold turkey (very bad!!), decrease by a couple of cups a day.

Err... That's all I can come up with this eve, except perhaps if you are a seasoned coffee drinker and ever feel the need to cut down (like I had to at one point), I seriously recommend NOT going cold turkey (very bad!!), decrease by a couple of cups a day.

Greedaay ixnay oldcay urkeytay!:beer:

I have come up with a biggy we have missed, by way of vulgar practice; drinking coffee to sober up! :cup: :dog: :hihi: :edizzy: :pirate: :) :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup: :cup:

I too have little problem with sleeping or nervousness during my waking hours so often reported from over comsumption of coffee products. To this day, I can still drink a pot of coffee and shortly thereafter, lay down and fall promptly to sleep. Waking up several times a night to relieve my bladder is however, another question entirely. During the course of a nights sleep, I usually find myself doing this at least two or three times............................Infy

IIRC, some of the caffeine when it's metabolized by the liver is turned into theobromine, which is a diuretic. That could explain those midnight bathroom breaks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theobromine

Theobromine, btw, is found in higher concentrations in cocoa.