Science Forums

I am not ashamed!

stanleyg

I am not ashame to proclaim myself before our Christian assembly as steward of our King Christ. I know that if I am ashame of him that he too will be ashamed of me.

Luke9 [26] For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Pharoah had learned of Joseph's anointing to interpret the meaning of his dreams. Pharoah appointed Joseph as the king' s steward to oversee charge of his storehouse.

Does our King Christ, whose kingdom is in heaven, not have equal powers to appoint stewards? We have been anointed by our Father God with the gift of interpretation to oversee the coming of our Lord?

Gen37 [5] And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.

Gen40 [8] And they said unto him, We have dreamed a dream, and there is no interpreter of it. And Joseph said unto them, Do not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

Gen41 [42] And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph's hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;

Rev2 [17] He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

(physical reality) - (empirical reality) = faith

You may enjoy all the faith you desire as long as you stay out of my empirical reality. Science doesn't promise an eternal seat at the right hand of God or 72 black-eyed virgins. All science can deliver is soap, flush toilets, dentistry (including anesthesia), and "No pleasure, no rapture, no exquisite sin greater than central air," Azrael, Dogma.

Have you ever met a priest who wanted to die young?

http://members.aol.com/bbu84/biblicalstupidity/quotes.htm

http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/DarkBibleContents.htm

If you are not wearing your spiked cilice belt you will burn in Hell for all eternity. Dominus et magister noster Iesus Christus dicendo "Poenitentiam agite adpropinquavit enim regnum caelorum" omnem vitam fidelium penitentiam esse voluit. Better add some daily self-flagellation, a hair shirt, and maybe a weekly liqueified habanero enema, too. Have you heard of sacrificing for Christ wth a nifty jigger called a

Google Images

"prince's wand" 9 hits

Sorry, Unc - gave you rep earlier today, can't do it again. So, you're gonna have to settle for a leg-hump for this one.

What a vision! Al standing stoic and unresistant. Fists on the hips, chin to the horizon. Boerseun, humping madly on one of Al's legs, looking up for approval from his object of passion, and getting none...

And neither of them ashamed.

(I will probably delete this later)

Bill

Jeez, Bill - you make it sound all dirty an' stuff. Wait a minute, it is. I'm feeling all... er... uhm... ashamed? Is that the word I'm looking for? God damn...

Well, it was good while it lasted. See ya, UncleAl. UncleAl...? UNCLEAL? UNCLEAL?

Yep. No response. Bastard. I'll go and chew on something now.

I am not ashame to proclaim myself before our Christian assembly as steward of our King Christ. I know that if I am ashame of him that he too will be ashamed of me.
One should not be ashamed of any well-intentioned acts. However, the sight of someone sharing his heartsong at a science forum – even one that dares have a theology forum – brings to my mind the scripture immediately preceding the Lord’s prayer. It refers specifically to prayer, but, I feel, is relevant also to proselytizing.
Holy Bible, New Testament, King James version, Matthew 6:5-8

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him

In short, this admonishes one to be private in one’s religious observance, and implies that being thought pious by ones peers is not the same as actually being pious in truth.

I think Stanleyg the “old cranky fool that has unusual ideas about matters relating to science” is more welcome here than stanleyg the preacher.

OP doesn't know the difference between religion and theology. Ignorance is the great foundation and bulwark of faith, though stupidity will do in a pinch. God wlll take anybody's money - but try putting a handful of Mexican peso coins in the collection plate. Experiment determines that is is not the thought that counts, it's the money.

Uncle Al walks past a bank each Sunday. Visit the source.