Science Forums

I am not ashamed!

stanleyg

What evidence supports that statement?!? Just because some one believes that those books in the bible were written by women, does not make it true! they need supporting evidence.

At one time long long ago people believed the world was flat, and guess what, they were wrong! dead wrong! It was a brilliant statement but it was far from the truth.

Show me the supporting evidence and I will take into consideration your statement.

There is no conclusive evidence that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Old Testament. Likewise, there is no conclusive evidence that the Gospels were written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It is possible that a woman wrote Ruth for there is no evidence that Samuel wrote Ruth. If you have some show it!

God always speaks the same. Everyone doesn't hear the same. Some hear with their carnal ears. Others hear with their spiritual ears. To hear is to understand.

2 Thessalonians 2:12 - God is sending a power to delude them and make them believe what is untrue.

Seems he sometimes doesn't always speak the same? Sometimes he sends people delusions so they can't know his most great and holy twaddle, uh, I mean scripture.

If your god always speaks the same why does the old and new testament contradict each other on so many issues. Simplying each Testament, we get this:

Old=Eye for an eye.

New=Turn the other cheek.

In Matthew 5:38-39 Jesus states that "you have heard that it was said, 'eye for an eye and tooth for tooth.' However I say to you: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on the right cheek, turn the other also to him."

I guess god changes his mind quite often?!

His words are in the Bible pick it up and read it some time.

He's a complex guy, this god of yours. I like my gods to be consistent with their message.

I will introduce you to my God, show homage to a real God, little one.

God

There is no conclusive evidence that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Old Testament. Likewise, there is no conclusive evidence that the Gospels were written by Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. It is possible that a woman wrote Ruth for there is no evidence that Samuel wrote Ruth. If you have some show it!

I really dont care who wrote the bible! it was written by man thousands of years ago. If a woman wrote one of the books more power to them! what I am trying to say is that you have no evidence to make a statement that a woman worte one of the books of the bible. I didnt say moses wrote the first 5 books of the bible, because it cannot be proven! Unless we can event a time machine and travel to the past, we really have no clue who wrote what!

I really dont care who wrote the bible! it was written by man thousands of years ago. If a woman wrote one of the books more power to them! what I am trying to say is that you have no evidence to make a statement that a woman worte one of the books of the bible. I didnt say moses wrote the first 5 books of the bible, because it cannot be proven! Unless we can event a time machine and travel to the past, we really have no clue who wrote what!

I agree. What I am was pointing out is there are claims and speculations about who wrote the Bible. I do not know who wrote the Bible.

I agree. What I am was pointing out is there are claims and speculations about who wrote the Bible. I do not know who wrote the Bible.

Lets try process of elimination like Thing 1 and Thing 2. I will start. I did not write the Bible. Who else did not write the Bible? Eventually we will get to the answer.

Bill

2 Thessalonians 2:12 - God is sending a power to delude them and make them believe what is untrue.

Care to check that reference. What Bible do you use? Now there is something similar in 2 Thes 2:11, but I'm not sure that this is the right thread for it's discussion. If you look at the scriptures before the one you are trying to cite, the quote actually says that there are some who did not accept the love of the truth that they might get saved, so God let them be in error that they might believe a lie in order that they might be judged because they did not believe the truth, but chose unrighteousness. The Bible does not attribute an act of lieing to God.

In Matthew 5:38-39 Jesus states that "you have heard that it was said, 'eye for an eye and tooth for tooth.' However I say to you: Do not resist him that is wicked; but whoever slaps you on the right cheek, turn the other also to him."

I guess god changes his mind quite often?!

Well, I could go into detail to show you how you could be wrong or misunderstanding, but if you chose to believe this instead of consulting a true Bible historian, then I guess I'll let you go on believing what you want.

Care to check that reference. What Bible do you use? Now there is something similar in 2 Thes 2:11, but I'm not sure that this is the right thread for it's discussion. If you look at the scriptures before the one you are trying to cite, the quote actually says that there are some who did not accept the love of the truth that they might get saved, so God let them be in error that they might believe a lie in order that they might be judged because they did not believe the truth, but chose unrighteousness.

2 Thessalonians 2:11-12 (King James Version)

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Basically, if your god does not like a person, he damns them. He does not give them the choice to know his love. Free will is only free if you're a suck-up?

The Bible does not attribute an act of lieing to God.

That makes no sense.

Well, I could go into detail to show you how you could be wrong or misunderstanding, but if you chose to believe this instead of consulting a true Bible historian, then I guess I'll let you go on believing what you want.

Ok Mr Bible Historian, explain to me how this is possible.

Adam was a perfect man, he knew not pain, suffering or death. He sinned. He was made to suffer, as was all his seed. To be imperfect. To experience pain, to suffer death.

Jesus was not of Adams seed. He was perfect. How could he die?

Edit:

Lets try process of elimination like Thing 1 and Thing 2. I will start. I did not write the Bible. Who else did not write the Bible? Eventually we will get to the answer.

Bill

I wrote the bible, but I was only joking at the time. People take things too seriously.

• 2 weeks later...
I have read the Bible which was written by men and a woman. Prove the Bible is God's words and prove there is a God.

The Bible is consistent or sustains the physiological law of the atom. Each time that an atom subtracts electrons it becomes low or positve. Diametrically, each time that an atom adds an electron it becomes high or negative.

Each time that a reductive term such as low, meek or humble is asserted, then a positive concept is associated with it. Diametrically, each time that an inductive term such as pride, proud or vain etc. is asserted, then a negative concept is associated with it.

Let's hypothesize that God has inspired scribes to assert words in the Bible same as artists assert hieroglyphs in paintings to communicate a mystical language via a form of symbolism.

One would need to be artisan in hieroglyphs to decode the truth of God's word.

For example:

Adam could be a hieroglyph of atom.

The Bible is consistent or sustains the physiological law of the atom. Each time that an atom subtracts electrons it becomes low or positve. Diametrically, each time that an atom adds an electron it becomes high or negative.

Each time that a reductive term such as low, meek or humble is asserted, then a positive concept is associated with it. Diametrically, each time that an inductive term such as pride, proud or vain etc. is asserted, then a negative concept is associated with it.

Let's hypothesize that God has inspired scribes to assert words in the Bible same as artists assert hieroglyphs in paintings to communicate a mystical language via a form of symbolism.

One would need to be artisan in hieroglyphs to decode the truth of God's word.

For example:

Adam could be a hieroglyph of atom.

Got any empirical evidence to support your assertions?

Got any empirical evidence to support your assertions?

Yes! Quite frankly, I have gone beyond empirical evidence. My artisan skills to decode the hieroglyphs in the Bible has equipped me to publish my technical manuscript entitled, Binary Math Course on Violent Behaviors.

My technical manuscript contains diametric algorithms to solve any human behavior problem associated with good or evil. The benefit of algorithms is that it is a science that takes the guesswork out of solving problems.

The benefit of algorithms is that it is a science that takes the guesswork out of solving problems.

Uhm...no? An algorithm is not a science, it is a function, or a tool. Science is used to find the algorithm, apply it, and learn from it. But in itself it is not science.