Science Forums

I am not ashamed!

stanleyg

Good for you. Now go away.

Go and read our site rules about not using Hypo as a pulpit.

Then come back.

One reason I always cite my definitions is for persons like yourself, who twist word meanings to discredit my sincere intent. I have placed an announcement on our bulletin board to proclaim myself and my spiritual authority as a steward of our King Chirst. I apologize if it may have come over as preaching a sermon to discuss a moral matter or to convert one to my religion.

Rather, my purpose is of grave importance. Each member of our science community is aware that there isn't a single science or medical journal that supports the doctrine of imprisonment to rehabilitate human behaviors. Yet, we have permitted our State lawmakers to institute imprisonment based solely on the premise of religious quackery.

Religious quackery has survived around the world whether it is Judaism, Islam, Budhism, Catholicism, Communism or whatever. The latter has played an eminent role in the establishment of our criminal laws. The word of God is applied as justification for imprisonment or the death penalty.

The truth in my Bible reads with the antithesis. Our God is a God of liberty. His liberty laws are opponents of imprisonment or captivity. By my understanding God is going to impose the same sentence upon religions for lying against his word. The only ones to be spared are the ones, who have spoken the truth concerning God's word.

By my understanding...The only ones to be spared are the ones, who have spoken the truth concerning God's word.

Some of us simply hold a different understanding than you. :lol:

Why do you think "God" would speak to you any differently than the rest of us? Are not each us as justified in our actions as a result of "God's" will? The inherent hypocriticism saturates such posts.

Some of us simply hold a different understanding than you. :lol:

Why do you think "God" would speak to you any differently than the rest of us? Are not each us as justified in our actions as a result of "God's" will? The inherent hypocriticism saturates such posts.

God always speaks the same. Everyone doesn't hear the same. Some hear with their carnal ears. Others hear with their spiritual ears. To hear is to understand.

To hear is to understand.

However, two people can view the same object yet see completely different things. Is one right and the other wrong?

I feel strongly that you will answer that there is no need for such a distinction, no right and no wrong, but how does that fit into the rest of your posts here on Hypography?

If you believe God wishes one thing, but I believe God wishes another, and our beliefs are contradictory, what then?

Please note, there are three distinct questions in this post. Cheers. :lol:

God always speaks the same. Everyone doesn't hear the same. Some hear with their carnal ears. Others hear with their spiritual ears. To hear is to understand.

God does not speak to me and I hear just fine. This is why I say, "religion is nonsense". Next time God speaks to you could you record it so we skeptics can hear it too.

His words are in the Bible pick it up and read it some time.

Oh... I see. You say you hear God, but His words are the Bible...

You've got the Audiobook version of the Bible. By the way, that's not God, either. That's some voice artist in a recording studio. But tell me, for the God part in the audiobook, did they at least get a voice artist with a fittingly deep, booming, bass voice? When God says that He's about to smite some wise-*** Egyptian king or somebody, are there lightning bolts and thunder in the background? How did they go about it?

Does God go away when you switch the tape deck off? Does God actually come on tape, DVD or CD? Older gods used to be vinyl, and even older gods than that couldn't speak at all.

His words are in the Bible pick it up and read it some time.

I beg to differ stanley. The bible is full of words written by man. it is full of stories that show gods greatness through the eyes of man. And we know that everyone interprets things differently. Also during the middle ages, the bible was written in Italian, so that only the clergy could read it. The Church was know to rewrite the bible to fit their teachings. The catholic church was ,and still is, very good at only letting us hear and see what they want us to.

I am a devoted Christian, but stanley this is a forum for the sciences not a church pulpit. So don't treat it like one!

However, two people can view the same object yet see completely different things. Is one right and the other wrong?

I feel strongly that you will answer that there is no need for such a distinction, no right and no wrong, but how does that fit into the rest of your posts here on Hypography?

If you believe God wishes one thing, but I believe God wishes another, and our beliefs are contradictory, what then?

Please note, there are three distinct questions in this post. Cheers. :)

Still waiting. :confused:

Don't forget the possibility that they are both right, but incomplete. Consider two people looking at the same object- one person says that it has three sharp corners, three straight lines, and is blue. the other person says that it has no corners or lines, but it is completely circular, and is red. These two statements are contradictory, but they can easily describe the same object.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Freddy, again you show your ignorance of the Bible. What woman wrote part of the Bible? Check into that would you, because I have a couple of websites which say differently.

Stan my man, I think you need to read a bit more of the posts here. I think I agree for the most part with the idea that you original post was inappropriate for this forum.

Wow Freddy, again you show your ignorance of the Bible. What woman wrote part of the Bible? Check into that would you, because I have a couple of websites which say differently.

The Book of Ruth (Samuel) and The Book of Esther (Mordecai). Some doubt the authorship and say a woman may have written Ruth.

What evidence supports that statement?!? Just because some one believes that those books in the bible were written by women, does not make it true! they need supporting evidence.

At one time long long ago people believed the world was flat, and guess what, they were wrong! dead wrong! It was a brilliant statement but it was far from the truth.

Show me the supporting evidence and I will take into consideration your statement.