Science Forums

Abortion: Murder

goku

It's sad, but lots of people really don't care for the beauty of reproduction.
It's sad that they have a different opinion about what defines a purposeful life? Are you sure you want to throw stones like that?

I love being a parent, but I also have friends who would produce neurotic asocial messes if they had kids and I'm glad they chose not to have them! I have other's who have given them up for the same reason, and a few other friends still who have contributed to our prison population. Some of those without kids have had abortions, while some have just been darned strict about using birth control, and lucky. Sure, lots of us turn out to be pretty darn good parents, but it is the hardest job in the world, and I have tremendous respect for those who choose not to in spite of gigantic amounts of societal and maternal (from your mother and mother-in-law, much more so than your hormones!) pressure.

Cheers,

Buffy

It's sad that they have a different opinion about what defines a purposeful life? Are you sure you want to throw stones like that?

I was directing that more towards people that don't take the time to put unwanted newborns up for adoption. It's always so sad when I here about babies getting abandoned in dumpsters and back alleys.

I have nothing against people that don't want the hastle and resposibility it takes to be a parent. I am still unsure as to whether or not I want kids.

There are plenty of people out there who don't want kids... and if they didn't have the option of getting an abortion, there would definately be a rise in the number of babys that end up in dumpsters and such. It's sad, but lots of people really don't care for the beauty of reproduction.

yep, your probably right.

but how can two wrongs make a right?

i wonder if people for abortions would have an abortion themselves?

what happens to a woman after she has an abortion?

is there great emotional truama?

does anyone here know someone that has had an abortion?

but how can two wrongs make a right?
Let my god judge me, and I'll let your god judge you.
i wonder if people for abortions would have an abortion themselves?
Yep. Did. Send large contributions annually to PP and NARAL.
what happens to a woman after she has an abortion?
At 19, its a relief. Not easy, not something you wish on anyone, but better than an aunt of mine who had a back alley abortion when it was illegal.
is there great emotional truama?
Not really due to the abortion itself. As I say its not fun, though. Anyone who sez that removing restrictions will turn it into another form of birth control has no idea what they are talking about. What is the killer is when the community around you treats you as a social outcast if you do so. A roommate I had who had one was from Alabama, and was disowned by her family for having it. That was *way* worse than the abortion itself. She now is a very wealthy lawyer in LA with two kids...her parents fortunately came to their senses after her first kid was born. Go figure.
does anyone here know someone that has had an abortion?
As I've said, been there, done that.

In high school, my favorite b-day/other occasion present was a copy of the book "Our Bodies, Ourselves" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0743256115/104-0029957-8298361 which *every* girl should have. I gave away dozens of copies.

Cheers,

Buffy

i think science has done all it can in this area. it's a baby, it's human, abortion kills it.

i think there are laws against killing people.

if you think abortions are okay, fine. please don't use my tax dollars. :confused:

i for one had rather prevent the pregnancy.

the constitution does not give a woman the right of abortion.

ok...here we go...

A fetus is not living...it depends on the mother for neutrients, and is not consious of anything that is going around it.

this is just a scary theological argument by scary people who believe that abortion is murdering a human life...

oh dear...

let me ask you this...a single mother in financial debt is pregnannt. knowing that her baby will be born into poverty, she decides to abort it becuase the baby probably would have has a miserable existance. is that really a crime to you? :QuestionM

matthew 19:14

but jesus said, suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

children are such a great gift, we have them on loan from god.

I don't believe a zygote is a child, although I do think it is the start of something, a potential.

I don't like abortion, but I will not judge those who make that choice, nor do I think they should be denied that choice. I also think it's rather churlish for any man to tell any woman that she should not have the option readily available. Of course, if the man is the potential father, he should be included in the decision-making process.

I'm eternally thankful that I've never been personally faced with having to make that choice.

... it's a baby, it's human...

I don't think that has been unquestionably established by science, religion or philosophy. You may choose to believe that is so, but it does not make it so, and you do not have the right to impose your poorly-founded personal beliefs on others.

if you think abortions are okay, fine. please don't use my tax dollars. :eek2:

Don't worry, my tax dollars go to providing safe abortions, along with providing public health and education, and welfare for those who are unable to look after themselves and I'm happy with that. Your tax dollars go to invading other countries and killing their men, women and children, because mine sure as Hell don't, and somebody's must be... :QuestionM

Tart, what difference does it make as to the source of nutrients as far as life goes ? you get yours at the grocery store, the fetus gets his from the mom. abortion is definitely

murder according to the definition. a fetus wouldn't need food if it were not alive. you better read up on the awareness of the fetus. it is very aware long before birth.

Tart, what difference does it make as to the source of nutrients as far as life goes ? you get yours at the grocery store, the fetus gets his from the mom. abortion is definitely

murder according to the definition. a fetus wouldn't need food if it were not alive. you better read up on the awareness of the fetus. it is very aware long before birth.

HA! i suppose i should, but my opinion stands. :QuestionM

A fetus is not living...it depends on the mother for neutrients, and is not consious of anything that is going around it.

A tapeworm is not living...it depends on the host for nutrients and is not conscious of anything that is going on around it.

Why would it matter that the fetus needs nutrition from the mother, or that it may not be conscious?

I don't think that has been unquestionably established by science, religion or philosophy.

lets forget religion and philosophy for just a minute. so what your saying is that science doesn't prove it's human or a baby, so what does it prove?

Your tax dollars go to invading other countries and killing their men, women and children, because mine sure as Hell don't, and somebody's must be... :eek2:

:QuestionM have you been watchin CNN?

... it's a baby, it's human...
I don't think that has been unquestionably established by science, religion or philosophy.

I think that it's been better established by science than religion or philosophy. We know that a fetus is living, inasmuch as any living cell is alive. Knowing that it's alive, we can try to discover what species it is. Clearly, it is born of the coupling of two humans. Clearly, it can develop into a human. At no point does another species affect it, nor is there any point at which it is possible for it to develop into another species. It's DNA is the same when it is a fetus as when it will be an adult. From all of this, I don't think that there can be much question that it is a Homo Sapien, a human.