Science Forums

Who/What is God?

questor

There is more evidence suporting God, than there isn't, as there is more evidence suporting an afterlife than not.

2 things that aught to be disproven (that arent) are these. And the evidence suporting them are thrown aside by the Atheists, and the thing is, they use the same methods of evidence to "suport" their views. Geological evidence and eye witness should be the strongest evidence out there...after all, if we decided to throw those evidences out in our court system, then no one would be guilty of anything.

There is more evidence suporting God, than there isn't, as there is more evidence suporting an afterlife than not.

2 things that aught to be disproven (that arent) are these. And the evidence suporting them are thrown aside by the Atheists, and the thing is, they use the same methods of evidence to "suport" their views. Geological evidence and eye witness should be the strongest evidence out there...after all, if we decided to throw those evidences out in our court system, then no one would be guilty of anything.

um...

I'm not sure how often a defence geologist is used in todays legal system, but I doubt many, especially criminal. As for eye witness accounts.... There have been many studies that show that eye witness accounds are strongly biased and often distorted from the actual event.

The basic faults of eye witness accounts: (Loftus, E. F. (1979). Eyewitness testimony. Harvard University Press: Cambridge.

Williams, K. D., & Loftus, E. F. (1994). Eyewitness testimony. Encyclopedia of Human Behavior, Volume 2. New York: Academic Press. )

The ability to perceive and remember accurately is not as reliable as people think it is

We tend not to be aware that our memories change

So, it isn’t necessarily intentional and should not be regarded as lying

We don’t assign importance to many factors that have been shown to consistently impair perception and memory

We assign importance to factors that are not reliable (confidence; details).

Police should continue their investigations to find other, more reliable evidence, regardless of whether they have eyewitnesses.

2 things that aught to be disproven (that arent) are these. And the evidence suporting them are thrown aside by the Atheists, and the thing is, they use the same methods of evidence to "suport" their views.

Remember Occam's Razor. Science will most likely never accept the existance of a god even if there is one because it would bring an additional agent into play. Science looks for the simplest solution to all problems, given all relevant information, even if other explanations are possible. There is nothing which cannot be explained without a god, so science will never need a god to exist.

1. where does he live?

2. what does he look like?

3. what are his personality traits? does he interact with people?

4. what are his powers?

5. where is Heaven?

6. does Satan exist?

7. do angels exist?

8. do you have any other important comments on God

1. God is everywhere, omnipresent

2. I don't know what god Looks like, what do you mean by the question?

3. God interacts with people all the time, one of these are threw miracles. God's characteristics? well, he has a lot.

4. His power is eternal in every way.

5. Heaven is out of this world, it's beyond the galexies, and it's not in the clowds where you go floating around on clouds picking at a harp

6. yes

7. yes

8. well, I might be sounding like a mentally ill person talking delusional nonsence, But the bible teaches that the world will see us and the Bible as foolishness.

Remember Occam's Razor. Science will most likely never accept the existance of a god even if there is one because it would bring an additional agent into play. Science looks for the simplest solution to all problems, given all relevant information, even if other explanations are possible. There is nothing which cannot be explained without a god, so science will never need a god to exist.

What about the things that cannot be explained be any logical science? Science is not God's enemy God created it. It is the people that make God THEIR enemy, and only look upon what they can SEE for answers.

hey someoine just told me that they heard from their moms friend that god is purple and likes all the rotting babies.

God loves you, and sent his son to die for for you, so that you could be with him some day. Jesus Loved you so much, that he payed the debt that you owe, because you had no hope otherwise, and Jesus was the only perfect sacrifice, and the only one worthy of God's acceptance...all you need is to believe, and recieve him for your own.

i used to think like you, but now that i've become more experienced i think differently. how do you prove the existence of the wind ?...
I smoke, and I live in a cold climate.

how about gravity ? do you believe in gravity? how do you prove it is there?...

I jump

how about life ? how do you know it is there ? what is the basic difference between a live cell and a dead one ?how can you prove that a cell is alive?...

Does it take in nutrition? Use that nutrition? Expell wastes? React to it's environment?

a second after death a live cell and a dead one look exactly alike. how can you know which is which by looking at them or contemplating them ?

It stops one or more of the previous functions.

since you don't know for sure and since there is abundant evidence of the presence of a supreme being, what is your reasoning for saying God does not exist ?

Please provide this evidence. Even if big G exists, why do you think he cares about you anymore than you care about the bacteria in your intestine?

Orb, why would you try to screw up a serious discussion with crap? why don't you try to

develop your brain first and talk later?

well i like to throw in my opinions which over time will allow my inferior brain to catch up to such an intelligent, successful human being such as yourself! wow! i am truly sorry for ruining this precious discussion!! if there is anything i can do to serve you, please let me know. coffee? penis enlargement? :) i'm here to help and screw things up.

havn't you ever fathomed the balance of every single thing?

God loves you, and sent his son to die for for you, so that you could be with him some day.

well, that's creepy. i would rather not, thanks anyways.

Jesus Loved you so much, that he payed the debt that you owe,

a man that lived 2000 years ago did not love me. and if he did, that would also be extremely creepy. i don't owe him, or anybody anything. i am alive, now i am going to live. yawn.

well, that's creepy. i would rather not, thanks anyways.

What's so creepy about eternal life instead of eternal judgment?

a man that lived 2000 years ago did not love me. and if he did, that would also be extremely creepy. i don't owe him, or anybody anything. i am alive, now i am going to live. yawn.
Well, I know he died for me, I know he Loves me and I know I will be with him in paradice with him some day.

3:14

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:

3:15

That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

3:17

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

3:18

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

3:19

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

3:20

For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

3:21

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jesus died for whe whole world, past and present.