Science Forums

Who/What is God?

questor

Do you know where the quote (in the constitution) "all men are created equal" came from? it was a big thing at the time when racism became a big debate, and it came derectly from the Bible.

Picture America as being a Muslem nation. What would it be like?

Picture America as being a Muslem nation. What would it be like?

eMTee, you're treading on very thin ice here. If America was a Muslim nation, you wouldn't have noticed the difference, because then you'd be a Muslim as well, and would've been brought up in a Muslim society, and wouldn't have been able to imagine what it would've been like to live under Christian rule. You would've been blinded by Muslim dogma. That's the same point of view you have currently, but only from the Christian perspective.

Now, I know what your reaction to the above will be. But proceed carefully - you don't want to be banned for being a bigot, now do you?

Clay, is this your view of the "Christian" community and the Bible?

No, what gave you that idea? I'm just showing you that there are christians as radical as some muslims are and none of them claim to worship satan.

You look at people who qoote the verse "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" and you say to me "that proves to me how flexable the Bible is."

Putting words in my mouth? Perhaps you should show us a link as to where I said that.

You can take ANY book and twist it so that it is no longer saying what it originally sead. It is like somone saying one thing to you, and you telling others what he sead to you diffrently.

So who's doing the twisting? For all I know it's the church doing the twisting.

You Clay, rely on faith every moment of the day, with everything you do.

Yes, I have faith that the sun will rise because science allows me to understand the solar system. It is not faith in some mythical, story book character that leads me to understand my life.

No, what gave you that idea? I'm just showing you that there are christians as radical as some muslims are and none of them claim to worship satan.

I just run into a lot of people who think that way...one thing you could do whenever you run into a radical "christian" doing wrong in the name of God and Christ, is question them about their faith...you might find them questionable on their doctrine on salvation as well as with their opinion about wright and wrong compared with the Bible's teaching.

(("Putting words in my mouth? Perhaps you should show us a link as to where I said that."))

Again, I just run into alot of others that believe that.

(("So who's doing the twisting? For all I know it's the church doing the twisting."))

What kind of twisting do you mean when putting the Christians in the catagory?

Yes, I have faith that the sun will rise because science allows me to understand the solar system. It is not faith in some mythical, story book character that leads me to understand my life.
I also have faith on somthing that has evidence of existence, you just don't consider it evidence.

That's because evidence is testable and predictable, yours is neither.

Is geological evidence not testable..and what do you mean by predictable?

random question: is the 'Ark of the Covenent' real, does it or did it existl? or is a fictional object in a fictional story?

random question: is the 'Ark of the Covenent' real, does it or did it existl? or is a fictional object in a fictional story?

It's just an object in a story book with no physical evidence that it ever really existed.

Originally Posted by eMTee

It's just an object in a story book with no physical evidence that it ever really existed.

So there is no physical evidence that it ever existed?

is that a "I don't think it existed." answer or a "it possably existed, but there is not physical proof of that as of yet."?

anyone else want to give an opinion of it's existence...as of now, ther are 2 nays

Could the Hebrew peoples have carried around some tablets of law in a box? Yea, why not? Does that mean it came from God, eh.. who knows? More likely, the tablets were produced by priests, but I see no reason there couldn't have been a physical ark. Solomon's temple turned out to be historical, and the Roman's have records of knocking the thing down.

-Will

Could the Hebrew peoples have carried around some tablets of law in a box? Yea, why not? Does that mean it came from God, eh.. who knows? More likely, the tablets were produced by priests, but I see no reason there couldn't have been a physical ark. Solomon's temple turned out to be historical, and the Roman's have records of knocking the thing down.

-Will

I don't think there were any tablets carved by any mythical being either.

-the 10 commandments- Does that mean it came from God, eh.. who knows? More likely, the tablets were produced by priests,
Well, the tablets in the Ark are not carved by God, but by Moses. Moses broke the Tablets that where written on by God when he saw Isreal worshiping the Golden Calf at the foot of the Mountain, and threw them down. Later he went BACK up the mountain and carver them himself. so in all reality, the Tablets that Moses carved out are in the Ark of the Covenent.

The sight of the Golden Calf has also been found right beside the real Mt. Sinai.

And the 10 commandments are not the only thing that is in the Ark, another thing that is in it, is Aaron's staff...and other things.

Men who are deceived by Satan, will never say so. Satan deceives them to believe they are hearing God. Don't think somebody is a representative of God just because they say they are. "By there works you shall know them." True Christians are those who hear and obey, not those who say his name.