Science Forums

Who/What is God?

questor

this post was not intended to discuss philosophy. it was intended to discuss the existence or non-existence of a creator. it has nothing to do with the Bible, Jesus or other man made religious issues. the question is quite simple: does the universe exist due to a happenstance, or was there intelligent design responsible for the act? the atheist believes there is no creator and therefore things just happened. the agnostic has bowed out of the discussion and the rest believe a God of some denomination did the deed. since no one knows the true answer, we are left to speculate on the evidence. it would seem to me that the presence of an ordered universe, physical laws and life itself with all its complexities

would offer ample evidence for the existence of intelligent design, yet the current scientific experts are saying it ain't so.

'ego' says i know what 'god' is

knowledge cannot go beyond itself...]

...thought may be a virus,i am not sure,i may have this virus

i will go see the doc tommorow

what do the dancing 'wu li masters' have to say about all fo this :)

..ug is very interesting...i have read some of his stuff

:)

Jerry, You are the last to need a doc :) :)

i dont want to use a *better* word than virus

at this time :) .....just in case, this is not hell...it is heaven :)

That *better* word might start a panic. :)

i am going to google "The Garden"

BRB

yet the current scientific experts are saying it ain't so.
That's because the scientifc method requires evidence, and such evidence is currently not available. I am a believer in intelligent design but, when using the scientific method, I do not have enough evidence to support my belief. Until I have the evidence to support my opinions, I'll never convince a nonbeliever. Remember, faith needs no proof.

our belief is not needed for either a creator or not. we are puny animals at a primitive point in presumably a long journey. if i can offer 5 points for belief in intelligent design and others can offer zero points to show absence of creation, i would say my evidence carries more weight.

That's because the scientifc method requires evidence, and such evidence is currently not available. I am a believer in intelligent design but, when using the scientific method, I do not have enough evidence to support my belief. Until I have the evidence to support my opinions, I'll never convince a nonbeliever. Remember, faith needs no proof.

JC said that He and the father(mother might be a better choice)

are one in the same.

dont faint

JC was just an animal like us.

JC understood the state of the

brain...we will shortly...dont want to start a panic :)

ho ho ho

BRB

uh oh

this is what i was warned about.... Reality !

i have become a realist after all

hehe, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated. Don't worry JerryO, I went into town today and the 'reality' sure seemed a lot less tangible than this mere text conversation does.

What is God? ... ha! ... the question itself presupposes there is such ...

If there is, you will never find out.

Any one want ice cream?.

Are you intresting in to talk about the known entire Universe contexts with any kind of God? Or to create one really soon if we want it? So maybe after then we can understand more about the entire life on the earth, and how is related to any higher existence called GOD.

Csongor