Science Forums

Who/What is God?

questor

Men who are deceived by Satan, will never say so. Satan deceives them to believe they are hearing God. Don't think somebody is a representative of God just because they say they are. "By there works you shall know them." True Christians are those who hear and obey, not those who say his name.

blazer

True Christians are those who hear and obey, not those who say his name

you are correct, not all people who speak in the name of the Lord are Christians..but those who recieve Jesus as personal Lord and Savior.

Salvation produces good works, Good works does not produce salvation. But this does not mean that all who do good works are saved, many try to earn salvation threw good works.

Not all Christians live a good Christian example, there are those who blend in with the world, ut if a "christian" does not have a desire to obey God or have conviction of wrong doing, then that person probably not saved.

Ephesians 2:8-10

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This means that salvation is by Faith alone, and after that there is a change of heart, and one has a desire to live diffrently

We do not live for Christ out of fear of Hell if we don't, but willfully out of love and thankfullness for our salvation. I do not believe we lose our salvation, but our close relationship with God.

Men who are deceived by Satan, will never say so. Satan deceives them to believe they are hearing God. Don't think somebody is a representative of God just because they say they are.
True.

2 Peter 2:1 "But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be false teachers among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing swift destruction upon themselves."

Acts 20:17,28-30 "And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church." ... "I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves men will arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away the disciples after them."

1 Timothy 6:20-21 "O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called "knowledge"-which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith."

But what are you saying exactly?

For some reason I think you sayed that you where not a Christian earlyer.

For some reason I think you sayed that you where not a Christian earlyer.

!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!!!!!

Well, if I said anything like that, I apologize, I would never say that, so I'm pretty sure I didn't. I am a Christian, I know I have said that many times (read my other posts and you will constantly see I take the side of God, and quote many scriptures). I am glad you understand so many things that take people quite a long time to get a grasp of, if they ever get them at all.

What are you saying exactly?

Well, some people said that Christians were not better people because they were doing bad things, my point was this: If somebody says they are a Christian and does bad things, it does not mean Christains are bad, it means that they are not Christians.

when i started this thread, i wanted to determine if there were any cogent thoughts about the characteristics of God or heaven. since this is a science forum, it seemed a good place

to explore the human knowledge of this most basic influence in the universe. what i got is a lot of babble and argument from the ultra religious side and the anti-God side. neither side has hard scientific proof of their argument. it is really quite simple--there is a supreme power, or there isn't. either the universe was created or it just happened. quantum mechanics, physical laws, and the operation of the universe just happened or it was created by a transcendental intelligence. it is hard for me to comprehend math, physics, gravity, energy and life coming from a totally empty void without some intelligence, and this force can be called God. since none of us fully comprehends this

power any arguments or descriptions have to be human interpretations.

i would ask any atheist on the thread to give me evidence that God does not exist.

i would ask any atheist on the thread to give me evidence that God does not exist.

That is not the atheists burden. If you claim the existence of anything, the burden of proof is yours, not your critics to disprove. That's science!

science is knowledge. i am asking for an atheist to offer proof of the non-existence of God.

there must be some type of thought and consideration that leads to this conclusion. do you have some evidence, or do you just go on feelings and baseless opinion ?

science is knowledge. i am asking for an atheist to offer proof of the non-existence of God.

there must be some type of thought and consideration that leads to this conclusion. do you have some evidence, or do you just go on feelings and baseless opinion ?

How can anyone prove the non-existence of something that doesn't exist? There is nothing to prove. If you want to claim there are blue apples then show me one, don't tell me to prove there aren't any.

i used to think like you, but now that i've become more experienced i think differently. how do you prove the existence of the wind ? you can't see it , but you know it's there by external evidence like feeling it on your skin and rustling bushes. we only know the wind is there by obvious evidence. how about gravity ? do you believe in gravity? how do you prove it is there? how about life ? how do you know it is there ? what is the basic difference between a live cell and a dead one ?how can you prove that a cell is alive?

a second after death a live cell and a dead one look exactly alike. how can you know which is which by looking at them or contemplating them ? since you don't know for sure and since there is abundant evidence of the presence of a supreme being, what is your reasoning for saying God does not exist ?

and since there is abundant evidence of the presence of a supreme being, what is your reasoning for saying God does not exist ?

Claiming abundant evidence for something because it is "so obvious" is not proof of anything. Can we have a few solid examples that we can test at home?

some examples:

1.what is the propulsive mechanism that makes the earth fly around the sun in a predictable orbit without losing speed?

2. if the universe is expanding, where does the extra gravity originate to keep the

universe from exploding?

3. explain the sub-molecular activity of the life force

4. if the universe is expanding, where does the ''dark matter'' come from to fill the

resultant void?

5. if the earth has an elliptical orbit around the sun, why does the extra force exerted at the earth's closest proximity not pull the earth into the sun.

6. if energy ''superstrings'' are the smallest particles, where does their energy come from?

7. if there was no creator, whare did the energy for the ''Big Bang'' come from?

here are just a few. if you think, you can come up with many more

i can not answer those questions. and to be honest, i don't even care. that is my opinion, i can live life without having to know EVERY SINGLE why, and then taking pride in the fact that i know some things can't be explained scientifically. (RELIGION)

we are on the brink of conciousness. we have just evolved this amazing ability.

we won't be able to answer a lot of things for a long time, possibly never.

from what WE, as humans, can answer though, is enough for me to realize that life is truly beautiful and amazing and uncreated.

Orb, i would say you are a young person who has not thought much about the nature of things or truly understand scientific methods. as you say, you don't have to, but for those who do, the need for very specific analysis of observed phenomenae is necessary.