Science Forums

Breeding In Heaven

Rade

Well the Bible says that folks in Heaven are neither Married nor given in Marriage but are "As the Angels of Heaven."

Given the continual insistence on no sex outside Marriage, that seems to indicate that Heaven is a Sex-Free Zone.

Some folks would count that as a negative.

I hate to bring it up—especially being that I seem to rub a few raw just by existing...

And I don't like to mix the Holy with the Profane...

But it is a great way to illustrate my point here:

I used Drugs years ago. My Drug of Choice was Cocaine injected Intravenously.

Now some folks use Cocaine to get a far different high than I did. I was after what many have called a "White Moment". I'd use large quantities in single hits. I wasn't satisfied unless at some point I spent anxious moments wondering if perhaps this time I'd exceeded my limit and was in danger of an OD.

I never wanted to bring the Intellectual Intensity and Purity of my experience down by thoughts of a Sexual Nature.

Heaven is beyond the power of the human mind to grasp. One of my useful approximations though, is to imagine the Cocaine "White Moment" Magnified Exponentially; with no possibility of OD and lasting for All Eternity.

Now something else that I believe about Heaven—Never mind how impossible it is in our Universe, Heaven is a Supernatural place. But I believe that in Heaven we will exist simultaneously in far more Spatial Dimensions than we do here on Earth.

Our mind, intellect, wisdom and data processing power will be increased to far beyond what we can even imagine here now.

So no one should be missing Sex very much—or at all.

Disclaimer:

I do not encourage anyone to use Recreational drugs. I'll be happy to try to dissuade anyone from a Chemically Enhanced Lifestyle. PM me, it is getting way off track here.

Note:

While Heaven is a Real place and Valhalla is only imaginary...

I had always imagined that there would be time somewhere between Fighting All Day and Feasting on Roast Pork, Mead and Ale All Night—That there'd be an opportunity to roll in the hay with the Serving Wenches at some point.

A friend who'd really studied the Norse Legends told me that was completely unsupported by any literature on the Subject.

Saxon Violence

Edited by SaxonViolence

• 6 months later...

I have long wondered, in the radical Islam Heaven, where do all those virgins come from, and what do they do with them after they're done?

My punch line has always been: "The terrorists get there and all of the 72 virgins are their sisters: Radical Islamic Hell actually...."

Is your remarkably sexist drivel intentional, or just some horrible mistake? :phones:
Buffy

where do all those virgins come from, and what do they do with them after they're done?

:phones:

Buffy

Do you really want an answer for that?

I think the only reason they believe in that fairy tale is because something like that could never be attained down here in the real world. 

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any religions that allow for human breeding in the afterlife...call it Heaven or whatever ?

I'm familiar with only one is Mormonism, a fairly well-known (15,000,000 members, primiarly in the US, about the same as the total number of Jews worldwide), recently founded (1860) religion.  In short, it promotes the idea that human souls are the quasi-biological offspring of God and "the Heavenly Mother", AKA "Mrs. God".  Further, after physical death on Earth, some human souls may themselves attain God/Heavenly Mother status, and together create new souls for other planets.

These beliefs are somewhat controversial among Mormons, being somewhat informally accepted by many of them, but not widely espoused in official church literature.

I have long wondered, in the radical Islam Heaven, where do all those virgins come from, and what do they do with them after they're done?

I can't quickly find a supporting reference, but my impression is that Islams "72 virgins every night in heaven" tale derives from older, pre-Muhamad myths, and that said virgins are assumed to be non-human, supernatural creatures akin to succubi and other sex angel/demons.  Being supernatural, their virginity is presumed to be either permanent, restorable, or subject to their conscious control.

As hedonistic afterlife fantasies go, making your afterlife sex slave demons able to consciously change their attributes is a pretty god one.  Eternity's a long time, and I imagine even the most rapacious deflowering aficionado would eventually tire of virgins, and command his harem to, say, "be a pack of dirty old women", or men, or... who knows what?

I can't quickly find a supporting reference, but my impression is that Islams "72 virgins every night in heaven" tale derives from older, pre-Muhamad myths, and that said virgins are assumed to be non-human, supernatural creatures akin to succubi and other sex angel/demons.  Being supernatural, their virginity is presumed to be either permanent, restorable, or subject to their conscious control.

As hedonistic afterlife fantasies go, making your afterlife sex slave demons able to consciously change their attributes is a pretty god one.  Eternity's a long time, and I imagine even the most rapacious deflowering aficionado would eventually tire of virgins, and command his harem to, say, "be a pack of dirty old women", or men, or... who knows what?

Yah, but the problem is the dichotomy between insisting that their own women be chaste and pure and hidden from other men vs. having heaven be populated by "angelic whores".... 

And I do not know of any reference to this in the Koran but that it was brought in by extremist sects relatively recently although based on "pre-Islamic" writings, and thus is culturally based, not religiously so. I find it interesting that the more radical sects need to pump up some pretty bizarre Advertising to keep the flock from straying, and this one has always been one of my favorite so-illogical-it-works examples of that.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one, :phones:

Buffy

I'm familiar with only one is Mormonism, a fairly well-known (15,000,000 members, primiarly in the US, about the same as the total number of Jews worldwide), recently founded (1860) religion.  In short, it promotes the idea that human souls are the quasi-biological offspring of God and "the Heavenly Mother", AKA "Mrs. God".  Further, after physical death on Earth, some human souls may themselves attain God/Heavenly Mother status, and together create new souls for other planets.

These beliefs are somewhat controversial among Mormons, being somewhat informally accepted by many of them, but not widely espoused in official church literature.

This was the only example I could think of where religion somewhat supports sex in heaven. And yet, if man is created "after the image of God" and we want to have sex and find it pleasurable, then doesn't that pretty much say that it's a good thing and wouldn't be excluded from heaven??