Science Forums

H C N A 05 - Who do you want to see?

IrishEyes

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Need to get some reservations made. Check out the hotel and tell me what you think.

Also, I will make the reservations next Wednesday. So I need to get a head count from you guys. Right now, I know that Tormod and Yvonne, and Gahd and Killean will be there, and will need a room. Gahd/Killean, are you sharing a room?

Who else will attend? I'm going to guess that zad, becca, and dave will not need a room as you live right there. is that correct?

alex, are you gonna make it?

anybody else? five rooms gets us a decent group rate...

If we come, we will probably stay over because to get there will take an hour to an hour and a half and that doesn't count once you get into the city. I might only go for part of the time and I'm not sure what my dad wants. I'm pretty sure Dave wants to be there the entire time, but we all need to have a chat about what the three of us are planning on doing. We'll do that as soon as possible.

Dave,

don't worry about cash - we'll just throw you, Gahd and Killean in a room together, with a case of Ramen noodles, and you'll be good. no worries. hakuna matata!

i mean - it's not like you and becca are going to share a room anyhow! :( There will be NO middle of the night room swaps on this Hypo-trip, ok?

BUFFY-

are you gonna make it to this thing or not?

Aki, Tim, and orb... any chances you can make it? I know it's a hike for you, Aki... And Tim, we will be more than happy to talk to your folks... just let us know what we can do to help, ok guys?

Fish, you gonna be there? Turtle, you coming? MotherEngine, what about you? Come on guys, this is gonna be great - don't miss the first one. Next year is in Europe for sanctus and Bo, so we won't do this again in the States until 2007.

BUFFY-are you gonna make it to this thing or not?

Oh my, thanks for the invite! Although NYC is kinda a second home to me--trade shows and press tours have added up to months living there over the years--that's my daughter's b-day weekend....

A couple of suggestions: Go to Victor's Cafe 52 on 52nd just east of B'wy and have many large pitcher's of Sangria on me. Cuban place. If you like hot stuff, order the Osso Bucco. If its still there, go to Massimo Il Ponte Vecchio on Thompson just north of Bleeker: only order the "specials". Go to The Back Fence on the NW corner of Thompson and Bleeker for drinks music (sorry Becca, you'll need a fake ID to get in there...but you're a Jersey Girl and ought to have one by now...Ooops! Your dad is listening!). Expensive drinking if you're up to it: 1) roof of the Penninsula Hotel or 2) Iridium in the Empire Hotel (if you're there on the right Monday night, you can see...Les Paul!)....BRING MONEY! IT'S NOT CHEAP! SPEND IT ANYWAY!

Have fun guys!

Cheers,

Buffy

Hot doesn't happen until July/Aug. May is the best time of year! Be prepared for some cool breezes though! If you're into dresses, bring hose! Let Tormod freeze if he wants to, but pack some long pants for him...on the other hand, compared to Oslo, you *won't* call it cool!

Cheers,

Buffy

I soooo love to be right!!!! Actually that is about the same as it will be in Norway. I'll definitly bring some dresses... I guess they're available in shops too right???? (I'm not listening to a word more from Tormod - he'll probably tell me there are no shops in NY...!!!) I love to quilt so if we happen to pass a quilting store - it's a definit must!! Just to warn you!

I'm really excited because I stayed up really late last night talking to Irish and made the plans for the rest of our holiday - and it's going to be wonderful.

I guess they're available in shops too right???? (I'm not listening to a word more from Tormod - he'll probably tell me there are no shops in NY...!!!)

The ONLY reason I suggested NYC was because of the shopping. You didn't really think it had anything to do with science museums, did you? Come on, friend, I adore your hubby, but a girl has GOT to have her priorities, and shopping in Manhattan just happens to be one of mine!!!

I personally think that we should spend one entire afternoon, while the guys are doing 'science' things, in Bloomingdales! I can't think of a better way to spend an afternoon, unless it was a Saturday at the Bon in Seattle... But that's for another HCNA. Maybe the one in 2007 should be on the West Coast, to be fair to all of our friends out there. Hey, that's an awesome thought now that I mention it... :(

Oh wait, I guess we really need to get to this one first, right? Then we can talk about next year - Paris in the spring??? And THEN the West coast... :(

Tormod, did I mention I REALLY like the idea of a Hypography expense account??

Tormod, did I mention I REALLY like the idea of a Hypography expense account??

Ahem.

Did you know there ARE NO SHOPS in NYC? It's just a huge park and a couple of bridges in between a bunch of skyscrapers. Overrated, really.

There's a good guitar store, though.

Ahem.

Did you know there ARE NO SHOPS in NYC? It's just a huge park and a couple of bridges in between a bunch of skyscrapers. Overrated, really.

There's a good guitar store, though.

Methinks the man has lost his mind!

No shops? No shops you say? HAH. I happen to know there is a fairly large Mac/Apple store there... And alex has already promised to go with me and help me pick out 'stuff'... if you're really nice, we'll let you tag along too, T... but that's AFTER we hit Bloomie's!