Science Forums

H C N A 05 - Who do you want to see?

IrishEyes

To go an see Jon Stewart? I would love that chance. His show may be the half truth but funny and almost seems correct in its way. One question though that I have been wondering for a while now. If we were to have a lecturer, who would we get to stand in front of the firing squad, and on what topic would we want to hear about?

Another activity that I was thinking about was that we split our group into two, choose a topic and have fun for a couple hours debateing. :)

Another activity that I was thinking about was that we split our group into two, choose a topic and have fun for a couple hours debateing. :)

Yes. Great idea. All the atheists will argue for creation, while the others argue for evolution. That should take a few hours to get sorted. :)

He would dress as a clown and demand to be taken seriously.

Let's be realistic... He would wear his normal clothes, and scream louder than he types, and he WOULD be taken seriusly...taken straight out of the room to the nearest pub! Have to get some Guiness into that man if he starts arguing FOR creation...

GAHD mentioned somthing interesting to me not too long ago, regarding names of those who are coming.

Quote from chat with GAHD:

"Hey woaah182, how's it going?", "Good GAHD, yourself?"

As you can see it might be a little difficult to call everyone by their screen name (though some, like myself, can easily answer to them). Should custom name tags be made for the event? I know it is a little early to consider this and make the tags themselves, but a nice idea to bring up. Could also hold a contest for a design to be used on the name tags. :hihi:

As you can see it might be a little difficult to call everyone by their screen name (though some, like myself, can easily answer to them). Should custom name tags be made for the event? I know it is a little early to consider this and make the tags themselves, but a nice idea to bring up. Could also hold a contest for a design to be used on the name tags. :hihi:

Good idea. I think we'll be able to do this when it gets a little closer.

Did anyone check out the hotel site. If any of those are agreeable to you guys, I can contact them about a group discount rate... If we were to arrange a room for our lecture there also, it might be cool...

Also, I'm going to look into ordering my Broadway tickets now. If anyone else wants me to get theirs, let me know. You can pay me through Paypal, or give me cash when we get there, it really doesn't matter at this point. i just need to know how many tickets to get...

Yes. Great idea. All the atheists will argue for creation, while the others argue for evolution. That should take a few hours to get sorted. :hihi:

KEWL! I might attend for that alone! Just to witness FT give the conventional diatribe a

typical Creationist would... Sweet! (I'm thinking of some that arrived on my doorstep giving

me a bible and desiring to talk about Jesus as the visual in my head). :rant:

Maddog

Also, I'm going to look into ordering my Broadway tickets now. If anyone else wants me to get theirs, let me know. You can pay me through Paypal, or give me cash when we get there, it really doesn't matter at this point. i just need to know how many tickets to get...

What show are you going to see?