Science Forums

H C N A 05 - Who do you want to see?

IrishEyes

This is something I really want to visit.

Well then - you shall! I think this might very well be the perfect Saturday morning Hypography Event... complete with a visit to the planetarium, followed by a late lunch somewhere nice... then the rest of the day free for 'non-scientific' stuff, like SHOPPING...

seriously, if noone is opposed, I can get in touch with them and get some group-rate tickets, and we'll plan it for Sat. morning... and make Sat. night the 'free' night, so me, becca and Yvonne can do Broadway...

These sites might be useful for that:

http://www.amnh.org/museum/tourplan/contact_us.html 'to contact them about group visits

http://www.amnh.org/museum/tourplan/index.html 'the main site for group visits

Unfortunately:

Q. How many people do I need to qualify for group rates?

The minimum number of people to qualify as a group is 20.

I don't think we'll have enough to qualify, but maybe I'm wrong.

I thought where do we want to go eat?

http://www.igougo.com/planning/journalEntryDining.asp?JournalID=314&EntryID=176&n=Mars+2112+NY

I guess you're still kids in your hearts? Yes? I'm not entirely serious - but a fun theme, isn't it?

Ok, now I know that your husband has been filling your head full of crazy space stuff - you're talking about going to a food place themed from a planet, and the planet is not 'hollywodd'? do they have Titanian fries?

i think that if zad can remember the name of the sci-fi bookstore, we can send all of the spaceballs off for the afternoon... :)

ok guys, i enrolled us in travelocity's 'group hotels' group... our name is "hypography member" ; the e-mail info is "[email protected]" ; and the password is hyp0graphy ; any of you can feel free to check the status of the current querries, request more info, add a new querry, check prices, etc... however, i ask that you do NOT reserve any rooms yet, as we'd like everyone that will be attending to agree on where to stay (or agree to let the restof us choose).

i've got a few querries underway right now, so please feel free to check it if you want... the querry i set up requested 6 rooms, with 2 beds in each room. if you think we need something different, please feel free to change it.

as is normal lately, i am eternally thankful to both zad and dave... any suggestions for any of the hotels from you guys is welcome, of course...

Dear Hypography Member,

Thank you for signing up as a Travelocity Group Hotels member.

Please save this information for future reference.

You can log in to the Group Desk at any time:

https://www.groople.com/Travelocity/Groups/Login.aspx

MEMBER INFO

Your e-mail address is: [email protected]

If you ever forget your current password, simply visit the Group Desk and click the "Forgot Your Password?" link. After you answer your secret question, we will reset your password and send it to you via e-mail.

Protecting your information is our top priority. Please review our Privacy Policy for detailed information:

http://www.groople.com/Travelocity/channels/Privacy.aspx

MEMBER BENEFITS

As a member, you can:

Take advantage of great group rates at hundreds of hotels throughout the US

Save various groups in your profile (e.g., little league team, wedding party)

Save your past and future group-travel reservations

Store group preferences and billing information, so you can avoid the hassle of having to gather and enter the information each time you book

For help with your group-travel reservations, visit our FAQs:

http://www.groople.com/Travelocity/Channels/CustomerService.aspx . Or, if you need additional assistance, e-mail us at [email protected]

or call us at 1-877-634-9434.

Thank you again for signing up as a Travelocity Group Hotels member!

Sincerely,

Travelocity Group Hotels

If you ever forget your current password, simply visit the Group Desk and click the "Forgot Your Password?" link. After you answer your secret question, we will reset your password and send it to you via e-mail.

this part won't help you, since they send the answer to MY e-maila ddress, but... the question is something like "what was your favorite subject in school?" and my answer was a complete lie, but i thought that "science" would be more appropriate than "kissing my boyfriend in the back of the library during lunch"... :)

Ok, now I know that your husband has been filling your head full of crazy space stuff - you're talking about going to a food place themed from a planet, and the planet is not 'hollywodd'? do they have Titanian fries?

What really, really frightens me is I've been to that restaurant before. It's scary...

I do believe that Dave tracked down that bookstore my dad mentioned and found that it no longer exists.

What really, really frightens me is I've been to that restaurant before. It's scary...

I do believe that Dave tracked down that bookstore my dad mentioned and found that it no longer exists.

It doesn't surprise me that it's a scary place. what surprises me is that is was built at all... but then again, it's the whole "If you build it, they will come" philosophy, huh?

Too bad on that bookstore...

Can you guys take a look and tell me if this place would be ok? I know it's a little higher than what was metnioned, but it does include breakfast, so that might help.

Also, if I could get one of the locals to check it out and make sure I'm not putting us in the middle of somewhere horible, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks to all, and jsut post your comments here.

http://www.groople.com/Travelocity/HOTELS/Property_Detail.aspx?HotelID=122-28014

Can you guys take a look and tell me if this place would be ok? I know it's a little higher than what was metnioned, but it does include breakfast, so that might help.

Also, if I could get one of the locals to check it out and make sure I'm not putting us in the middle of somewhere horible, I'd really appreciate it.

That's an OK area. The cross street is 30th Street. It's on the edge between Gramercy Park and Murray Hill, both upscale. We'd probably have to walk a few blocks for many attractions, but there is a subway line that runs north-south right there (the Lexington Avenue line) with local stations at 28th and 33rd Streets. Just to orient you, it is 12 short blocks south and 6 long blocks east of Times Square. That's about a 30 minute walk.