Science Forums

H C N A 05 - Who do you want to see?

IrishEyes

Don't tell him. But the money is for new dresses (which he will love) and new fabric for my quilting. He already has three guitars - isn't that enough. My fabric vanishes as soon as something new is finished. Just to let you guys know!!!

Three guitars? Yeah, well, one is a spanish nylon string, the other a cheap acoustic, and the third is my real guitar (the Ernie Ball Music Man one). A man can never have enough geetars.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, he's lost his bleeping mind!

Yvonne, you need to find some pills for your husband, as he thinks he's really gonna spend all of your dress money on guitar stuff. I agree, THREE is way too many. You might even sell one or two of them, to have some extra spending cash. That would be more than fair, in my opinion. :cup:

Now, back to business...

Hotels, museums, list of attendees, chat time, and interesting people for a convention- that is your quest, my children. Find these answers before I return from Texas on Tuesday, ok? We have some BIG plans to make, and I - for one- am getting really excited!

Yvonne, hold the guitar pick ransom until he agrees to at least an afternoon at Macy's, ok? We can sneak out of there and spend a few hours on 5th Avenue if he gets too goofy!!

Well, someone has labelled me the 'real' boss. Tormod had to tell me... However true, I'm definitly not the boss of HCNA 05! I like the hotel. Whatever else happens is fine by me, or if not I'll just go shopping or grab some doughnuts... Chat time, museums, etc I don't really want to much involved in choosing. It's all of you other guys who makes this place what it is - I just support Tormod (most of the time). I am coming and I am looking forward to meeting you all - Tormod tells me so much stuff... and a couple of you I saw last evening...

Yes the two crazy Canuk's known as Gahd and Killean went live in Oslo yesterday. :cup:

How soon do we need to make reservations for the hotel Irish found (or any hotel down there for that fact)? I hope that it's no more then a month in advance, otherwise I could end up living in the subway stations for the trip duration.

I think maybe the reservations should be made fairly soon. But if it's like here in Europe the reservations can be cancelled without paying anything up to a very short time before arrival (days - a least a month)! You guys were so funny last night - I've said OK for T to buy a webcam for him self.

Yes, especially in New York. At worst, you will need to cancel a week in advance, most places only require 24 hours notice. If you get the right person, you may actually be able to get a *better* rate if you change it to non-refundable.

Cheers,

Buffy

Well, someone has labelled me the 'real' boss. Tormod had to tell me... However true, I'm definitly not the boss of HCNA 05!

Ok, now you're "The Wife". I'm waiting for inspiration to strike with a more fitting title. Until then, "The Wife" seems to fit best...

I'll get on the reservations as soon as I get back home. Right now, I'm enjoying listening to Grandma's stories, and laughing at Texas State Troopers in their cowboy hats. How do you keep a straight face when you see them, Fish?

UGH!

I'm about to cry...

Look what I just found... I think I may sneak up there! Honey, if you see this, buy us tickets right away, and I'll love you forever!

VAN MORRISON !!!!!!!!!!

NEW SHOW!

Thursday 17 March

The Supper Club New York,

NY, USA ****

TICKETS ON SALE

MONDAY 28 FEBRUARY

@ 10.00 am

NEW SHOW!

Friday 18 March

Apollo Theatre New York,

NY, USA ****

TICKETS ON SALE

MONDAY 28 FEBRUARY

@ 10.00 am

ONLINE SALES FROM :

http://www.ticketmaster.com

We could sneak up there on Thursday morning, and come back Friday morning... prettyprettyprettyPlease???

For any of those wondering why that was in THIS thread, our original plan, when we first started talking about having a Hypography Convention, was to schedule it around a Van concert. Of course, he's also going to be in Italy this summer. Freethinker is gonna kill us for not planning it around this!

Of course, if he checks the VanSite, he'll also see a show in Boston. How cool, eh?

I think I really want to squeeze in a visit to the museum of natural history and that planetarium.
Heck, even if you have no time, at least popup out of the subway to take a look at the building. The planetarium building is on my top ten coolest buildings list. The planetarium shows are expensively produced (thus the high ticket price), and you won't see anything like it elsewhere. Buffy sez check it out...The rest of the Nat is to die for too. Note its on the opposite side of the park from the Met, and if you want a walk between Science and Art, its a nice one.

Spatially,

Buffy