Science Forums

My parents are stupid and are blind

Kakorat2

Not that I'm the best source of info on either the Bible, the Talmud or the Q'uran, but I've a working knowledge of most of it...

...and nowhere do I recall in any of these books that its been said "And the Lord created Adam on a Friday" or anything else with a day of the week attached. It was "on the first day," and "on the second day" and so forth.

We gave the days their names, and if you want to hold your Sabbath on a Tuesday, your choice would be perfectly valid.

Besides, nobody with a calendar and a magic marker was around to write down what happened on what day, and since then, the calendar have been changed quite a few times, with today's Monday falling where Friday fell 2000 years ago, for instance.

So, to cut a long story short, don't fret about it. It is not fret-worthy.

The Sabbath is on Saturday. In genesis, God created the universe in six days and rested on the seventh day. Sunday is the first day of the week (look at any calender). Sunday is also the eighth day of the week. What Sunday after the Sabbath symbolize is a new first day of the week or a new beginning, where the old testament universe was quickened by a new cycle of human evolution. The Christians celebrate this day, with the rebirth of Christ marking a new stage in evolution. It is unclear which day of the week modern times is in during new or secondary cycle. It is definitely not the second Saturday yet, since there is not world peace.

When the moon is in the seventh house and jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planet, and love will stir the stars (5th dimension).

The normal explanation is that the moon has a 28 day cycle (sorta, pretty close), and with the prime factors of 28 being 2 and 7 and no one being able to remember more than 10, thus eliminating a 14-day week (and a two-day or even a 4-day week being just plain silly!), we ended up with a 7 day week....

And if there are any more they haven't been discahrvard, :evil:

Buffy

Lots of ways to get to seven. But why such a coincidence? I'm just suspicious like that.

Not that I'm the best source of info on either the Bible, the Talmud or the Q'uran, but I've a working knowledge of most of it...

...and nowhere do I recall in any of these books that its been said "And the Lord created Adam on a Friday" or anything else with a day of the week attached. It was "on the first day," and "on the second day" and so forth.

We gave the days their names, and if you want to hold your Sabbath on a Tuesday, your choice would be perfectly valid.

Besides, nobody with a calendar and a magic marker was around to write down what happened on what day, and since then, the calendar have been changed quite a few times, with today's Monday falling where Friday fell 2000 years ago, for instance.

So, to cut a long story short, don't fret about it. It is not fret-worthy.

It sounds reasonable, but it's wrong. The calendar year operates independantly of the fixed 7-day cycle.

Gregorian calendar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the Jewish observance was witnessed and assimilated by one or more adjacent cultures, notably the various captures recorded in scripture.

week. The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2001-05

Again, it's just too much for me to swallow that everyone would simultaneously forget what day of the week it was. Especially considering it's sacred stature throughout Israel history. If they did forget, they reconvened rather slyly, without dispersing into cults and denominations and whatnot.

Days of the week - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The seven-day week, assumed by many to represent seven visible celestial bodies, predated Moses. How else would the Jews know which day was number seven? I'm still partial to think multiple pre-Israel cultures coming to a similar number is too big of a coincidence.

There are seven days in the week because there are seven visibly moving bodies in the skies, namely the five visible planets, the moon and the sun.

The remnants we have of it are still "Monday" (Moon's day), "Sunday" (Sun's day). The other names have been changed over time to represent Germanic and Norse gods, for instance "Thursday" being Thor's day, and "Friday" named after the Norse god Freya, "Wednesday" is Wodin's Day. But originally, in Roman times, all the days were named after the planets plus the sun and the moon, which are the only two remnants of it. I think the displacement came either after the Barbarians sacked Rome, or more likely (in my opinion) with the Norse invasion of England.

So now you know why we have seven days!

If you see it as size-based, that'll explain Sunday being first, Monday second, and so forth - then the day that was originally named after Venus would be third, Jupiter fourth, and so on (They had to go for visible size).

Nobody would need to forget what day it was. Take the extreme case that the world is 6000 years old, and was created by God in 7 days. The creation predated written history. At some point man named the days, after some time had past from creation. Was man's naming of the days in sync with creation?

From what I have learned the 7 day week is entirely rooted in biblical influence. I also think that through history local governments could have influenced the recording of history so as to have things happen on preferred days. During periods of early history where we do not have daily records it is entirely possible that days skipped around a bit, and the best thing for people to do was to play along. A local lord is behind schedule on a building project and instead of giving workers every seventh day off, he decides to give them every eighth day instead. He invents a "workday" for the middle of the week so the sabbath is still honored, workers of the time being in no position to argue the matter. Groups using local calendars and following local customs would come together and have to rectify the actual date. I doubt that this has had much opportunity in the past 2000 years. But as you work your way earlier in history I think it doubtful that it did not ever happen. Pure speculation on my part, but I think it makes sense.

Bill

The number seven is both taken from genesis as well as from the number of visable planets (plus sun and moon). Sunday comes first in genesis and astrology since "let their be light" and the "sun being the father of the planets" imply it being the originator.

After one complete cycle, we return to sunday or a new first day. In this case the sun is the "son of God". Monday, which celebrates the moon, symbolized the dark ages. The moon's light comes from the son. It appears strongly during the darkness of the dark ages. The middle ages was probally symbolic of the second tuesday. While the age of enlightment was the second wednesday. The second thursday may have been connected to the American and French revolutions. While the second friday was the industrial revolution and the rise of technology. The second sabbath should be around the corner.

There are seven days in the week because there are seven visibly moving bodies in the skies, namely the five visible planets, the moon and the sun

. . .

If you see it as size-based, that'll explain Sunday being first, Monday second, and so forth - then the day that was originally named after Venus would be third, Jupiter fourth, and so on (They had to go for visible size).

The order is as follows: Sun Moon Mars Mercury Jupiter Venus Saturn. As for order of appearance following size is immaterial. What interests me is why they started on the same day as the Hebrews. One copying another? Coincidence? Maybe they both already inherently followed the same seven day cycle for some reason prior to diverging in explanation?

Nobody would need to forget what day it was. Take the extreme case that the world is 6000 years old, and was created by God in 7 days. The creation predated written history. At some point man named the days, after some time had past from creation. Was man's naming of the days in sync with creation?

Non-Hebrew cultures named the days after the heavenly bodies with apparently no prior 7-day cycle. Meanwhile, the Jews number the days and call the last one shabbat, or rest. The first mention of sabbath in the bible is Exodus 16:23. God told Israel that they would receive a double portion of manna on the sixth day so that they could rest on the seventh and still have something to eat. Soon after came the actual commandment to observe it at Mt. Sinai.

It is a fact that the two historical lines start the week on the same day. But my question is how? What are the odds? The same number of days? Beginning and ending together?

Groups using local calendars and following local customs would come together and have to rectify the actual date. I doubt that this has had much opportunity in the past 2000 years. But as you work your way earlier in history I think it doubtful that it did not ever happen. Pure speculation on my part, but I think it makes sense.

It makes sense until you accentuate the word "local". There would be a divergence in history at that point, not an all-encompassing shift.

Guys the reason why also tell you this, is that if you give up believing in the Sunday or my ancestor Constantine's Sun God. I know you guys are saying yeah write, prove it. But I am proving it because I come from him and I don't want you to make his mistakes. But I was told that his visions were demonic and that he took it as God's works. The Mayans believed that Dec. 21, 2012 is the day of Doomsday. I actually believed them. I think in the bok of Daniel it says that the Great Tribulation will not be gone until the end of the generation. My Great-grandpa is going to 95 in august so in five years on August 8, 2012 he is going to be 100 years old. Also, for fact how this world hasn't been blessed. Think about what's happened in this world for the past 2,000 years after Christ. Everything been the same, when their was a new civilization it eventually was destroyed. But the same characteristics have always been their. It was always the system, political, econonmy, the people, famine, wars, etc. Just like right now. The new age is upon us in 5 years. Please do this before you die, go to church on Saturday and pray that you go to heaven to your Father in secret so that you may not receive these tribulations. I also tell you this because I also learned that I have come from the descendancy of Jesus Christ, I don't proclaim myself to be better than anyone, but I actually found this out on my own. For I am in not the Christ, but a descendant. My duty on this earth is to renew the faith and set a example like my ancestors before me. You can check this out at Welcome to www.truejesus.org, also Paul wrote in his letter of Epistle to Timothy,I think says that every bishop should be married. That's coming from someone who is not even one of the 12. The church was scared that my ancestor a woman ( Mary Magdalene) would be better than them. St. Peter was never a bishop of Rome, their it says Prince Linus of Britain from Bloodline Of The Holy Grail. Read all of her pages. IT makes sense, because if he was a pope why would they kill him. Their was never a pope that was killed. We were always told lies. LIES. Just like the saying: "See no evil, speak no evil, or hear no evil." That is what God warned us about. Also, why do you think the Gnostic Gospels were banned, they were banned because they spoke the truth. Women are the leaders of church. Men would not be here without them. Praise be Allah.

Guys the reason why also tell you this, is that if you give up believing in the Sunday or my ancestor Constantine's Sun God....But I was told that his visions were demonic and that he took it as God's works....Think about what's happened in this world for the past 2,000 years after Christ. Everything been the same, when their was a new civilization it eventually was destroyed. But the same characteristics have always been their. It was always the system, political, econonmy, the people, famine, wars, etc. Just like right now. The new age is upon us in 5 years....go to church on Saturday and pray that you go to heaven to your Father in secret so that you may not receive these tribulations....For I am in not the Christ, but a descendant. My duty on this earth is to renew the faith and set a example like my ancestors before me.....

Krazy Kat,

number one, you are in violation of our website rules. No preaching. No sermons. No proselytizing. We don't care if you were descended from God's own personal baboon, this is not a place to spread your 'ministery'.

number two, you are quite a bad example, actually. We are created in God's image; God is intelligent; therefore, we must be intelligent. You are falling down on the job. "Honor thy father and thy mother." You are falling down on the job.

number three, your analysis of history is for the birds. This leads me to believe that you do not read much. Certainly not much history.

If you want converts, Krazy Kat, then do it elsewhere, not here in Hypography.

Pyrotex, okay I agree that number one and two are correct. Last time I check we are all sinners in some sort of way. Second, I actually did find out that I am descendend from Jesus and Constantine. The part when I said that popes were never killed. I was only relating to St. Peter, If St. Peter was a bishop of Rome why would they get rid of him and kill him. My ancestor Constantine didn't kill the pope of Rome, even though they had many popes in other cities until they moved it to Rome. Third, the Antichrist which is the next pope is going to persecute Christians and he will persecute anyone who has not excepted the False Sabbath. The Vatican did change laws stated in Daniel 7:25. In Exodus 20: 1-17, they completely took out the whole section of 2 and 3 in the Ten Commandments; Verse 17 was turned into two different commandments. Fourth, and foremost I do read, I read all kinds of books. Fifth, Fundamentalists are actually scared of Dan Brown because he actually has some common sense. I have a question for you guys: Do you think the God's son couldn't love a woman and who truly loved him?