Science Forums

Plant Shamanism: The one the Religion cant give you....

neuroflux

DMT is already a very important function of our nervous system. It is found in our brain,our blood, an dour lungs, ceribral spinal fluid as well. It is safe because the brain uses it up so naturally.

Example:

The cells that normally block toxic chems from entering our blood brain barrier, when they are introduced to DMT, they become boats, or messengers completling the cuircut...its almost as if it a type of brain food.....I envision it like this..our brain is full of receptors that when enlightened produce concioousness, DMT activates more of these receptors than say seritonin,,because DMT is the parent molecule when it comes to tryptamines. Our brain RUNS on tryptamines.Our brain has special synapses that get excited and allow our brain to do its thang when DMT is introduced. Which when we sleep is DREAMING and if your as human as i think you are, then you have had crazzzy dreams over your lifetime..am i not right?

What about flying dreams,,,or the sun..have you often wondered about where and how our brain does it? I sure have,,,and after taking that dream molecule while awake,,i realize that most of my life i am sleeping,,and there is a whole other spectrum to reality than i can concieve of right now while i am awake...I think i need a nap......

peace

Neuroflux..........................................................................:)

Actually, hydrocloric acid is produced everyday in our digestive tracts. If one is exposed to excessive amounts of this acid, the results can be anything from ulcers to cancer. It's all a matter of balance my friend and when things get out of balance, we get sick..............This is something to seriously consider IMHO..............................Infy

ah! I know it's all a matter of balance ;)

Thanks for the information, though...

didn't even think about stomache acid...

DMT is already a very important function of our nervous system. It is found in our brain,our blood, an dour lungs, ceribral spinal fluid as well. It is safe because the brain uses it up so naturally.

Example:

The cells that normally block toxic chems from entering our blood brain barrier, when they are introduced to DMT, they become boats, or messengers completling the cuircut...its almost as if it a type of brain food.....I envision it like this..our brain is full of receptors that when enlightened produce concioousness, DMT activates more of these receptors than say seritonin,,because DMT is the parent molecule when it comes to tryptamines. Our brain RUNS on tryptamines.Our brain has special synapses that get excited and allow our brain to do its thang when DMT is introduced. Which when we sleep is DREAMING and if your as human as i think you are, then you have had crazzzy dreams over your lifetime..am i not right?

What about flying dreams,,,or the sun..have you often wondered about where and how our brain does it? I sure have,,,and after taking that dream molecule while awake,,i realize that most of my life i am sleeping,,and there is a whole other spectrum to reality than i can concieve of right now while i am awake...I think i need a nap......

peace

Neuroflux..........................................................................:)

oh yes!

especially when one is aware that they are dreaming,

and have all the powers of the mind...

Fascinating.

Your body is 50% to 60% water and you couldn't live without it. Try breathing it for a few minutes though and see what happens. Well? How did your water breathing experiment go?

Thought so....

I'm not saying that DMT is dangerous but I am asking for proof in the interest of science. If someone is going to advocate such experimentation here on a public science site where young minds are welcome we owe it to those people to highlight the safety that should be exercised in performing science. It is simply the mature thing to do. Don't you agree?

I suppose I agree, but what's the problem here?

Human interacts with chemical in waking life

human experiences something amazing.

:)

The rest are just details.

to all discussing DMT and the human brain:

http://hypography.com/forums/chemistry/5450-dmt-psychedelic-pineal.html?highlight=DMT+the+Psychedelic+Pineal

Reports in rodents suggest that the pineal gland may influence the actions of drugs of abuse such as cocaine [1] and antidepressants such as fluoxetine (Prozac)[2]; and contribute to regulation of neuronal vulnerability[3]. In addition, it has been proposed by Rick Strassman that the pineal gland is responsible for manufacture of endogenous dimethyltryptamine (DMT) although this is only speculation. There are some who believe DMT has a role in dreaming and possibly near-death experiences and other mystical states, and, although not proven, it was hypothesized in 1988 by Jace Callaway that DMT is connected with visual dreaming. Dr. Strassman expanded upon this theory in his book: DMT: The Spirit Molecule. However, significant (or any?) DMT production by the pineal gland has not been reported in the refereed scientific literature (PubMed search as of July 24, 2006).

I suppose I agree, but what's the problem here?

Well think about it. If we allow such conversations here advocating amateur experimentation of illicit substances without raising the questions about safety and responsibility then we tacitly condone such actions no matter what detriment any experimenter may suffer. This begs the question of liability. That is exactly why it is now illegal to publish any recipes for explosives in the U.S., the unknowledgable could get hurt.

You seem to be missing the point there NF. Please provide PROOF of this safety you speak of. Your word or the word of some other "timothy leary" is not good enough. If you want to discuss this here you are expected to back up your claims.

as any psychedelic traveler worth their salt should know, you should always remember your SSD's, if not then said user is irresponsible and questions of safety come in.

S: Know your Setting, make sure you are in an comfortable and possibly farmiliar place.

S: Know your Mindset, make sure you are in a "normal" mood, and are "level headed" before taking your drug.

D: Thouroughly Research and study your drug before use, including possible effects, proper doses, Etc.

the Responsible Drug User's Oath

there is a certain difference between psychonaughts and escape artists, if you know what i mean.

Because DMT is a naturally occouring tryptamine, there is no known harmful effects from ingesting it. Although i found some interesting information here:

Further effects include:

* A feeling of the body or blood ‘turning to stone’

* Vivid kaleidoscopic visuals; eventually separation from body and/or setting may occur

* Feelings of the heart stopping or other body functions seeming out of time (the heart doesn’t actually stop during this time)

* Journeying “into space” and conversing with mythological beings (dwarves & elves; God(s); aliens)

* Intense psychological/spiritual revelations

* Inability to talk, perhaps some nonsensical babbling

The dangers of using DMT/5-meo-DMT include vomiting and choking, conking your head when you become immovable from the intensity of the trip, and having an unpleasant or scary trip. An overdose of DMT/5-meo-DMT is hard to reach as its overwhelming effects are felt immediately, making it physically difficult to intake more than a dose before you’re well on your journey. DMT/5-meo-DMT does not make the best party drug because of its intensity; it can make music and crowds too much to deal with. Smoking DMT/5-meo-DMT is not known to be harmful to the body.

Any time I can convince someone that their body has turned to stone, and they believe it, I just laugh and laugh. And when people go into a panic and think that they have died? What a riot! And of course hallucinations are all the rage. People who cannot tell the difference between fantancy and reality meld so well into the population and contribute in so many ways. They do things like... keep the homeless population up; populate our mental institutions; commit crimes that they are not aware of because they are delusional. Our society spends billions of dollars trying to heal people who natually suffer the effects that DMT provides on demand. I think it is an excellent idea!

I never advise people to take drugs, nor to break the law. If someone believes he or she must take DMT, they ought to be as prepared as possible. Letting go in the early stages of the intoxication is critical to a successful experience, so anything that can help the process of letting go should be developed beforehand -- for example, meditation, working with a therapist about anticipated blocks or fears that might emerge. I also used to tell our volunteers that sometimes they may think they've died; and there are two ways to react to that. One is to freak. The other is to try and keep your bearings -- something to the effect, "Well, I seem to have died. Let's see what's next.

I never advise... but here is how. Talk about it with your therapist? What honest therapist promotes DMT therapy? Or should I say, what therapist legally promotes DMT therapy? Don't break the law, unless your therapist helps you. No wonder you are so confusing. You are modeling yourself after someone just as slippery.

How can you in one breath say that there is no danger in DMT use, and in the next list these side effects of using it? The hipocracy and narrow mindedness is staggering. You repeatedly ignore every bit of evidence statement of potential harm, and boost every statement of harmlessness, often out of context. Your agenda is ahead of your sense.

Bill

look, im not advertising for anyone who isnt sure of themselves and there surroundings to take DMT, there is a risk taking any drug, that its gonna **** you up wayyy more than you can ever imagine, and truthfully DMT is that drug, it is a very important and potent drug. I think it would be stupid to Smoke DMT standing up over a galss table with a belly full of beer and chips. Ya DIG?

Im saying that i am a serious explorer and have trained myself to be able to surf these dimensions without any ill effects at all. In my experince, smoking DMT from a natural plant source, in a vialbe setting, will yeild you GRANDIOS personal transformative results. I am an inner explorer who has come back with a fantastic unbelievealbe tale of personal discovery. Im not garunteeing that the spirits will even let you in to their realm. Ive been denied access a few times....why? probably cause it wanst my time. DMT if it is released at death, helps the soul to transit between this realm and the other. And it does oh very much exsist. I can say cause ive been there. Kinda like trying to tell someone what the smell of sex is like after ****ing for three hours, you cannot. Until that person goes there.

For Liable reaasons this discussion can go no further here at Hypo, because DMT is sadly illegal. We are all walking around with an illegal substance in our brains.

The Shaman who is the star of this show, has mastered the realm of spirit.

Mental illness in western society may be a product of too much DMT flooding through an uninformed individual who them sees spirits, an ddoes things to others and themselves that are unexplainable and even violent.

The Shaman is the master of this realm, as i have shown over the past 100+ posts of this thread. Obvioulsy this thread hasnt been closed becasue it is a FASCINATING and completley awesome power of the brain to transport indivduals to another realm that seemingly is inhabited.

I strongly advise anyone who is interested in this realm of ths Shaman to seriously consider the risks of taking unknown research chemicals, and too study about the people and the cultures who reverie these sacred plants, and to respect the power and the awesomeness of the universe of creation and evolution. A Shaman takes years of practise and rigourus disapline to be able to use Ayahuasca for healing and divinatory purposes. I have been at it for almost 15 years now. And i didint start with DMT. I ate mushrooms, and peoyote, i fasted and didi the YOPO ceremony.

I strongly advise anyone who wants to undertake the path of the shaman to study it and be serious. DMT is not childs play....It is a "Little death" and may show you things that your soul is not ready to process.

I hope this clairifies my intention for the MOD's and anyone who has been following this thread.

peace and light

Neuroflux

http://www.entheogen.com

I strongly advise anyone who is interested in this realm of ths Shaman to seriously consider the risks of taking unknown research chemicals, and too study about the people and the cultures who reverie these sacred plants, and to respect the power and the awesomeness of the universe of creation and evolution. A Shaman takes years of practise and rigourus disapline to be able to use Ayahuasca for healing and divinatory purposes. I have been at it for almost 15 years now. And i didint start with DMT. I ate mushrooms, and peoyote, i fasted and didi the YOPO ceremony.

I strongly advise anyone who wants to undertake the path of the shaman to study it and be serious. DMT is not childs play....It is a "Little death" and may show you things that your soul is not ready to process.

I hope this clairifies my intention for the MOD's and anyone who has been following this thread.

peace and light

Neuroflux

In discussing the DMT issue in another thread, I drifted more into the topic of this thread. Rather than double post, here is the reference:

posts#38 through #56

http://hypography.com/forums/chemistry/5450-dmt-psychedelic-pineal-6.html