Science Forums

Plant Shamanism: The one the Religion cant give you....

neuroflux

Greetings!

As some of you read in the Introduction forum, i am a neophyte shaman, i have been studying shamanism for 10 years.

For those of you who are not familiar with it. I shall give a you a brief Overview.

i am a tryptamine shaman. which means that i use special plants, which contain very magical Alkloids, which are 4 atoms away from Seritonin.

Seritonin being the neurotransmitter which colours and facilitates your everyday reality.

Your brain makes a series of important neurochemicals called tryptamines.

Seritonin by day, melatonin by night. As well as Dimethyltryptamine.

your brain makes it in two forms. N,nDMT and 5-meo-Dmt.

These two neurotransmitters are made by the pineal gland which is in the center of your brain. An inch and a half above the roof of your mouth.

And it has been shown by:

"Dr. Callaway of the University of Kuopio, Finland, has after all, conclusively demonstrated that the Near Death Experience, Out Of Body Experience, and death itself (by blood plasma spinal tap readings), are based on Pinoline, DMT, and 5meoDMT release.

Every night we produce Pinoline, 5meoDMT, and DMT, in fact they are in the cerebral spinal fluid right NOW. LUCID dreams are induced by DMT, again Dr. Callaway demonstrated this objectively.

When we are born our brains are flooded with 5meoDMT, the brain is 40% more active and open, the inner Onion is being imprinted. These are objective facts, demonstrated in rigourous experiments. When we are in puberty the Pineal gland calcifies, and we loose this contact with Neo Think and C U, our diets and education systems play a major role in this, clearly.

DMT alone is too frightening for most to want to repeat it, and certainly not regularly.

It is not a drug that the body does not produce, but is amoungst the highest of the neurotransmitters with Melatonin and Pinoline (6meoTHBC), and which the brain knows how to metabolise within 30 seconds, and thus is the most familiar with, in neuroanatomic laws.

So with that in mynd i turn your attention back to the science of yoga.

A simplified explanation for those unfamilar with it goes as follows:

Up our spine we have two currents of energy which the yogis call "IDA" and "PINGALA", they are connected and move through the chakra system, 7 energy vortexs which are each related to our endocrine glands.

The idea, is that there is a etheral tube which is called the Sushumna, up and down your spine, and the Two currents of Ida and Pingala wrap aorund it like the DNA strands.

Yogi's say that there are over 7000 strands of astral nerves called "Nadis" which must be purifed before one can experience natural DMT bliss.

The Kundalini serpent which is visualized as a snake, wrapped sleeping around our root chakra( between the Anus and the Sex organ) and only through:

Breath,diet,devotion,prayer, and practice.

This is a very old science,and when you strip away the religious aspects of it, it becomes a manual for releasing endegenous DMT.

Which is responsible for ANY and MOST religious experiences, Including Glossolia, angelic or demonic visits, OBE's, NDE's, NIRVANA, and Satori.

When the serpent force has risen up the spine it awakens a spiritual nectar from the Pineal gland, this is DMT and 5-meo-dmt, and as well our brains make MAO inhibitors which prolong the DMT experience( more on that later).

The next stage is "UNION" or "Yoga", with the celestial enegries pouring down from the heavens( the center of the solar system) and with the now awakened Kundalini.

According to the theory, once a person has made this union solidified, meaning that the Kundalini energy is now fused forever, one becomes a True ascended master.

SHAMANISM:

Now back to Plant shamanism, The Natives of the Jungle, disocered that certain plants are rich in DMT.

Because your brain makes it, it also has areas where the DMT fits like a key.

And when you ingest this molecule the most amaznig things begin to happen.

Before i reprint a trypt report for you id like to mention this as well.

But i will save another thread for the discussion of it.

The Manna in the Book of Exdous of the bible, was a Mushroom.

this mushroom was so reveried by the Isrealites that it was kept for future generations.

The alkloid in the Mushroom is a TRYPTAMINE.

Out of all the Tryptamines found in nature and in our brains, DMT is the Highest.

Jesus said "eat this it means my body" what do you think he meant?

Here is the best tryp report iv ever read!

DOSE : 50mg synthetic DMT in a glass pipe on a small bed of dill, three large, hot, plasticy tokes:

Upon inhalation, the trembling darkness before me crystallized instantly into a shimmering vortex of lime-colored tessera and began a meticulous implosion in upon itself. Pulses of sinuous electric energy shot along it from behind me and I could see them disappear down its infinite corridor. Each one came faster and faster and faster until this typhoon like tunnel was throbbing with supple, supernova pulsations. It was then that I began to accelerate, an auditory drone that seemed to flange at the edges of my being propelling me along. I couldn't believe the breakneck speed with which I was beginning to move, like a proton in a hyperspatial supercollider. The breathtakingly ecstatic sensation of being literally shot out of the confines of my corporeal body was overwhelming, and already my mind was grasping wildly about for some semblance of familiarity. No previous DMT journey had ever moved this fast. The vortex started coiling then, curling and cycling into its cylindrical self, and I became aware that it was but one strand in a warping and wefting dimension which was now materializing and taking on a thousand outlandish forms all around me. Ahead was an entirely ludicrous, tensile, concentric, mandala-like disco-medusa that wore about it a technicolor dreamcoat of fibrillating antennae, surrounded by an ultraviolet aura. Instantly I could tell it was alive: some sort of a sentinel. Then seemingly out of nowhere and from every direction at once came these freakish tentacles of liquid lapis lazuli. They began moving together with an almost orchestral hyperprecision, and I was completely mesmerized - it was like nothing I had ever seen. I had absolutely no idea what I was looking at - there must literally have been thousands of them - I was utterly flabbergasted. I knew I must find a way past this creature though, as extraordinary as she was. We were still cruising along at the speed of light, now descending backwards together through an amoeboid, octahedral gallery of iridescent vaults. It was at this moment that I became suddenly aware we were not alone. The vaults seemed to zoom explosively outward then and the gallery expanded ad infinitum into a gargantuan, labrynthine, almost interstellar space, and through every vault poured the miraculous and zany imps who make the tryptamine hyperdimension their home. The tentacles of lapis lazuli gathered these capricious, multi-colored enigmas in towards the center, and became the architectonic scaffolding of their new multi-dimensional reality, a world which I found myself dab smack in the middle of. It was like a liquid mind ecology of staggering and alien complexity, the mind as it crosses over into quantum warpdrive and migrates ever further out into the oceanic beyond. At this point the glorious geometries transcended what is even vaguely feasible in this three dimensional mundane, constantly concrescing into new and varigated permutations, exfoliating out of themselves what might be called hyperspherologies of the divine, and to look anywhere was to be shot clean through with scintillating amazement. Crowding and cramming themselves into my field of vision were thousands upon thousands of beings of every imaginable sort and many that were completely unimaginable. They were everywhere jabbering in indecipherable tongues, juggling incandescent neon microworlds of dancing beings, and morphing with a zen-like, diaphanous fluidity that remains a primal miracle no matter how often you lay your all too human eyes on it. The primordial intelligence being manifest before me was palpable, undeniable, transcendently amazing - it shook me to my core in a more-than-real gleeful profundity. All I could do was sit there in divine liquid awe, my soul gaping wide open, and stare at the incalculable proportions of bizarreness and the down right weird that lay before me. It was like being entertained by the 76,000 piece orchestra of an alien civilization in whose classical music each note is not merely a musical tone, but an entire world, each just as intricate and nuancical as our own. You have a sense of being swarmed by the whimsical mastermind artforms of an extremely eccentric Boolean contortionist, a diabolical merry go round of linguistic Rubix cubes, 13th dimensional millipedes saying themselves to themselves as they make love, and impossible Gordian knots dancing the jitterbug at a lyrical lightspeed: a gelatinous ballet of endlessly self-juxtaposing pirouettes. You realize all at once you have arrived and are now having darshan with this gigantically insectoid, otherworldly Oz.

They came at me again and again, a more than possible tsunami of opalescent combobulations, like rivers of music and miracles and clowns, the flood gates of my soul thrown wider than wide with the sheer magnitude of this dazzling, world-devouring spectacle. It was the primal, otherworldly bewilderness of the Andalusian gardens that grow in the antipodes of the mind, the crystalline vegetal perplexity of its delectable ecologies spilling and dripping and pouring like liquid diamonds from my eyes. The presence of what is awesome, what is wildly and passionately and numinously alive, filled every meridian in the vast continent of my expanded being, an intensity of joy and love and life coursing like heavenly ambrosia through my electrified veins. It was as though I myself was god, moving through liquid ecologies of god, the self-crystallizing emerald labyrinths of the tryptamine dreamtime, a marvelous infundibulum of plasmoidal calisthenics. What occurred was a total meltdown of everything I know and hold dear, utter surrender into the honeycomb lovewomb of the universe reborn, born anew in a thousand unendingly magnificent eyes, and Maya and Lila handheld spinning in sundream dandelions, my five senses spinning like a zillion gyroscopes round the centripetal amethyst of this all and everything.

I was there, and then I was back - zap like before - I was back before I even knew I was back, the dimensions subsiding very quickly within me as the last few molecules of DMT were cracked wide open and gone. The room before me buzzed and shimmered like the most unlikely dream. The world? Oh yes - I remember - I like it there. Hello people. You look so normal and good. But wait, something just happened. What was that thing? Oh YES, OH MY LORD YES.....everything was still a shimmering mindmirage or bliss and joy and awe. WOW...... I think I said that: WOW......

To think that we all spend hours there every night, after *we* have been metabolized away that is, and that every day the collectivity of human consciousness looks upon that miracle for over 50 billion hours, is more than any of us can even begin to begin to understand. Seven minutes spent in that dimension, the primal furnace of our being, is enough for most people to think about for the rest of their lives. How miraculously absurd and awe-inspiring is our situation as humans then, that we are somehow built around this certain little molecule, only four atoms away from serotonin, the neurotransmitter which mediates and colors every aspect of our waking lives. It is like the human body is a door, a portal, and DMT is the key that opens our experience to the all-possible, the everything dimension, which surrounds us on all sides though we see it not. That the simple quantum difference of four atoms can open this for anyone to see is, and will remain, the greatest, most mysterious enigma in this life. The day we unlock its secrets we will for the first time awaken from the dream.

I'll let that sink in for a while.

Good to be here!

Neuroflux

O neuroflux,

I love your words.

I've been trying to aquire some yopo seeds for some time now . .

We need more people like you around here.

everyone should really take the time to read this thread.

The vaults seemed to zoom explosively outward then and the gallery expanded ad infinitum into a gargantuan, labrynthine, almost interstellar space, and through every vault poured the miraculous and zany imps who make the tryptamine hyperdimension their home.

that is quite an amazing trip report, where did you get it?

I'm always on http://www.erowid.org reading what people have to say about their various experiences.

Reading reports with mixed entheogens is very interesting, too.

But no where near as interesting as DMT . .

And . .

This doesn't belong in the theology forum.

This should be in biology or social sciences.

Why do you mods shun our abstract and intense relationship with entheogens?

Enough!! these things NEED to be discussed.

And . .

This doesn't belong in the theology forum.

This should be in biology or social sciences.

Perhaps, if it were truly discussing how the substances impact the cells and how the use of these substances impact society and people around those under the influence. Right now, this is bordering on the Watercooler.

Why do you mods shun our abstract and intense relationship with entheogens?

Really want to know? Basically, because this is a science forum, and none of you are offering science to support your posts, nor are you furthering the understanding of others.

It's perfectly fine to discuss with friends experiences you had while experimenting with psyche altering chemicals, it's quite another to rant away about these experiences on a science forum, the membership of which appreciates focussed, supported thought, and clear responses to criticism and inquiry.

As an example, it's one thing to discuss the pigmentation of a paint and how the molecules combine and interact with the light source and travel through our perceptual processes and are interpretted in the brain causing a cascade of neuro activity... It's quite another to post on and on about the color being really trippy and how you can't believe the impact it has on you and your outlook on spirituality.

I think that i have put forth Scientific FACTS, to support this.

I even read recently as July 16th 2006, a scientific study done by the Johns hopkins Universtiy, with Psilocybin Mushrooms, has released there findings, which are very positive.

This is science!

The science of understanding how your brain works. And how to Work it. Thats the Bummer about history, we have all been told that we are not allowed to use plants to feed the mynd. Or open doors. We have been told as early as the first book of the Bible! DONT EAT THAT TREE OF KNOWLEDGE! YOU WILL DIE!

Fear, and fear alone that we are not the most powerful and have everything figured out on the bottom of this electromagnetic ocean floor.

Finally with the research of the likes of Dr. Callaway, Dr. Strassman, and the University of John Hopkins, ethnobotanists and explorers, like the Wassons,Mckenna brothers, tim Leary, Lilly and Puharch, And with brave students of the Dissapearing Knowledge of the Amazon we can start to find a way to catalyze the evolution of our species.

neuroflux

I even read recently as July 16th 2006, a scientific study done by the Johns hopkins Universtiy, with Psilocybin Mushrooms, has released there findings, which are very positive.

This is science!

And a very subjective interpretation of those findings ta boot.

Thats the Bummer about history, we have all been told that we are not allowed to use plants to feed the mynd.

Who told me this? :confused:

We have been told as early as the first book of the Bible! DONT EAT THAT TREE OF KNOWLEDGE! YOU WILL DIE!

Does this still apply if one has chosen to move past that book and live their life following an alternate path?

Fear, and fear alone that we are not the most powerful and have everything figured out on the bottom of this electromagnetic ocean floor.

"Electromagnetic ocean floor?" Can you elaborate on what you mean? Also, your head is up your hind-quarters if you believe that everyone, especially the membership on this site, thinks that we have everything figured our, and fear contradictions to such baseless dogma.

Finally with the research of the likes of Dr. Callaway, Dr. Strassman, and the University of John Hopkins, ethnobotanists and explorers, like the Wassons,Mckenna brothers, tim Leary, Lilly and Puharch, And with brave students of the Dissapearing Knowledge of the Amazon we can start to find a way to catalyze the evolution of our species.

neuroflux

This disappearing knowledge... is it available to students who are not brave? What if they are shy? What if they have never been to the Amazon? Will the Colorodo river suffice?

Also, evolution happens all on it's own. While the outcome of said evolution will be impacted by contextual factors, no catalyst is required.

Speaking of dogma, why is this in the Theology forum?

I really hope this thread isn't gonna spiral down into how cool it is to be stoned all the time. It's not.

Also, I hope this thread won't end up being simply a never-ending justification of itself.

I propose points being made and substantiated pretty quickly, or this thread is gonna go to thread heaven.

justification, do i write in swahili?

Have not the sacred plants i speak about been made illigal to consume, unless one fights for their right to consume sacraments?

Is not this type of knowledge, looked apon as taboo within the scientific community?

A scientist can understand the molecule in its physical form, he can understand how the brain makes it, and uses it,

but why when it comes to the experince itself do they change?

when When Dr. Rick Strassman stoppped his DMT research on humans because his volunteer's kept coming back with fanstastic tales of alien contact, and he had no way of explaining it to them. That was a call for this molecule to be looked at again.

This isnt about being stoned. Have said anything about how cool it is to be stoned?

when i mentioned being at the bottom of a electromagnetic ocean-Have you ever heard of the ionisphere?

And when i mentioned the bible, it was an example of the history of a BAN on humanity consuming entheogens...Same as today, Why do humans rejects things that they dont understand? would it be too much for the Western collective Ego to accept the fact that maybe these Indian shaman have knowledge about life and the plants that we dont and could use?

this is about knowldge.

When i mention evolution, i'm referring to us using parts of our brain that we cannot conciously right now activate. Im referring to refining and defining who am i and why im here-to understand how my head works, and how to use it for the best possible functioning capibilites, through a combination of science and Shamanism, a rebirth of knowledge that has been lost to the Industrial Materialistic Society that now covers the globe.

neuroflux------------------:lol:

Psychogenic and experiments built there on, analysis and interpetation of data.

I do not see how this violates the rules or any such.

I agree with orby. What we don't look at, we know the least about and fear the greatest. I myself am wary of any drug experimentation, beyond those which I know to be safe in the short and middle term at least. Like Cannabis.

I would try LSD, except that I have read reports that worry me. I am a red head, and we have a history of reacting oddly to various bio-chemical substances. So what is not known for the populus at large, is even less known for the minority populations.

I come to Hypography to trip, in a very spiritual way. As I put forth in the "are you a scientist" forum, I am a Shaman of the Scientific way. Science is my religion and thought my drug. I enjoy the high I get from thinking, that alone is enough for me, though I have found occassion where mixing my drugs accomplishes things/thoughts which I otherwise don't do in mundane existence.

This belongs here in the theology forum, because it is talk about the practises Shamanism, and by the looks of it, modern application. Technically any scientist worth his salt, is a shaman, performing the job of the wise men of old.

Shamanism is learning to alter your perceptions so that you may see what others do not. So that you may then take that perception back to the populus so that they may know what it is like to look at the world through a new set of eyes.

I love synthesis. Science and Shamanism are natural complements.

-To afraid to live, but to stubborn to die

Laughing to change his brain chemistry, The People's Red Headed Clown.

Yeah man, the internet is truly amazing.

We're now connected in a way sorcerers have been trying to accomplish for thousands of years. Insantly. Sitting down. Meditating.

I am speaking to all those who read,

You don't know my voice.

What does this voice sound like in your head?

You? A woman? Some strange unsexed diologue?

Neuroflux,

You say we have to fight for our right to induce these very magical relationships we have with our allies . .

But, the way I see it,

Things like mescaline, and marijuana are illegal out of ignorance, and fear.

1. they don't know enough about them

and 2. they're afraid what might happen if people took psychedelics on a large scale (mmm Imagine that beauty)

So, we've adapted.

Us american shamans lurk through splashing streets seeking cacti,

seeking light.

Beyond the eyes and ears of authority we have the most amazing time of our lives.

We share this with all of our friends.

We take the magic on this world and stick it in our pockets!

And many people just don't understand. They think we're just "doing drugs" and getting high all the time

PSH!

C'mon guys, we're surfers.

We ride waves, beautiful waves of life.

And sometimes, maybe every other full moon

I ride rainbow waves for hours and hours

laughing and laughing

stretching and smiling.

Listening to the flowers . .

when When Dr. Rick Strassman stoppped his DMT research on humans because his volunteer's kept coming back with fanstastic tales of alien contact, and he had no way of explaining it to them. That was a call for this molecule to be looked at again.

This isnt about being stoned. Have said anything about how cool it is to be stoned?

Considering I am open, honest, and blunt about my relationship with my plant-allies,

everybody just assumes that I'm high all the time and think that it's "cool"

:D

Makes me giggle 'cause it's such a stupid notion, really.

There's more to it than that, folks

I mean . . look at neuroflux's posts!

DMT is a phenomenon that humans discovered long, long ago.

Things like DMT molded our consciousness.

It's no wonder why people are so fat, and pissed off all the time here in america . .

wonderful things have been outlawed,

and propoganda has been unleashed to make sure

nobody touches the spined thing in the ground,

or the psilocybe cubensis reaching out of cow dung

just around the corner.

and . .

Why is there DMT in our brains?

How did it get there?

There's also DMT in the venom of the colorado river toad.

What does shamanism amount to?

The only knowledge, mentioned on this thread so far, which is being made difficult to access, is the knowledge of how it feels to take certain drugs. This thread doesn't strike me as significantly different from any of the other 'legalise acid' threads.

First of all, watch your tone. You are a guest here, and shall abide by forum requests and rules. You are passionate about this topic, which is wonderful, exciting, and encouragable, but you still must present this passion in such a way as to be clear and informative, and preferably respond to criticisms with support instead of emotion. This is outlined in the rules.

Is not this type of knowledge, looked apon as taboo within the scientific community?

A scientist can understand the molecule in its physical form, he can understand how the brain makes it, and uses it, but why when it comes to the experince itself do they change?

You speak of the scientific community as if it were a single entitity. This is why your claim is silly. Science is method, a way of discovering new things and understanding. Those who practice science are individuals, and will approach things in their own way. You make a blanket statement as if there is some god-head in the scientific community telling everyone what they should and should not believe. This is not accurate.

Beware the company you keep. I believe Boerseun's comment was inspired by experience with other users on this site.

when i mentioned being at the bottom of a electromagnetic ocean-Have you ever heard of the ionisphere?

Sure have. So basically you were trying to eloquently describe those who reside on the surface of the earth. Do you also mean to imply that electromagnetism is not a factor within the ocean itself? I just want to be sure I am clear on your meaning.

And when i mentioned the bible, it was an example of the history of a BAN on humanity consuming entheogens...Same as today, Why do humans rejects things that they dont understand?

Again, you are mistaken because you are generalizing. To assume that ALL HUMANS reject things they do not understand serves only to elevate your shamanistic claims in your perception of yourself (only reinforces your self-image), and is condescending when presented as such to a community of intelligent and thoughtful individuals.

Along these lines, it's important to know your audience before making a presentation and definitely before making accusations about what that audience does and does not know.

would it be too much for the Western collective Ego to accept the fact that maybe these Indian shaman have knowledge about life and the plants that we dont and could use?

Is the "man" keeping you down too? Why is it so important to you that otherwise unconcerned people accept a way of life you have chosen for yourself? If you believe what you believe, and practice these things, where's the problem? If it's the law, well, go into social sciences and discuss that in some of the government and democracy threads.

When i mention evolution, i'm referring to us using parts of our brain that we cannot conciously right now activate.

It is a rather bold claim to state that you know what others can and cannot do within their own minds. I personally take offense to this comment.

Im referring to refining and defining who am i and why im here-to understand how my head works, and how to use it for the best possible functioning capibilites, through a combination of science and Shamanism, a rebirth of knowledge that has been lost to the Industrial Materialistic Society that now covers the globe.

Pretty words. Can you be more specific?

neuroflux------------------:D

Inferiority complex reinforced by consistent lack of acceptance of your ideas by those around you? Again, watch your tone, and know your audience before going off on such rants.

Entheogens don't hand you knowledge,

they open doors in your mind (which is metaphorical, considering I have no idea what the mind is)

that simply allow you to see things more clearly and beautifully.

I can honestly say If I never encountered the mushrooms,

I wouldn't have the deep understanding of music that I have brought with me into this moment,

I wouldn't be as peaceful, as creative,

NOR as weird. And I like that.

InfiniteNow not to be rude, but why do you even bother with threads like this?

It's evident you don't really care about these allies that we are so passionate about.

And all you do is talk down to me, or anyone else that ingests these wonderful plants and fungi.

You should just leave us be, take your authority to another thread

and triumph in your infinite moments somewhere else.

I, as a member, get a huge kick out of neuroflux's words,

we havn't had somebody like him in these forums, yet.

Question:

Have you ever entangled yourself in a complex relationship with a psychedelic, infinitenow?

Just out of curiosity, I want to know where you are . . Coming from :D

Question:

Have you ever entangled yourself in a complex relationship with a psychedelic, infinitenow?

In reality, this is none of your business, but since you seem to yourself talk down to those who have not, I will oblige and inform you that I have been down these paths, on multiple occasions. You name it, I've tried it, and this is particularly so with psychedelics on dozens of occasions. However, I have since grown up, and feel my point was not addressing the issue of psychedelics, but the issue of knowing one's audience and offering support of one's claims.

Is it possible that I've been misinterpreted? Please look again and point to specific comments if you feel it is otherwise.