Science Forums

Scientology Scare tactics video

GAHD

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3748589621013011299 http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3748589621013011299 what a video! Great job on the spy-cam whoever...

Featuring such great lines as:

"...buy these books!"

"Buy these books!"

"Buy these books"

"Pick up some books!"

"L.R.H. was a professional in many feilds....phone-making..."

Note: not telecommunications, gotta love the professionalism of 'phone making'...

34:45 "If you leave this room after seeing this film, and walk-out and never mention scientology again you are perfectly free to do so; It would be stupid, but you can do it. You can also dive off a bridge or blow your brains out. That is your choice. But if you don't walk out that way, if you continue with scientology..."

Why thank you for your permission...

Religion, distilled to it's purest form and thrown out to the masses. So who can defend this stuff? What the hell *is* an audit? They didn't take me through one in the film like they said they would...

Same sales tactics as used by est and "vacation property in the swamp/desert/dump" seminars. Old hat, quite frankly, adapted from proselytizers going back into prehistory, just amped up with modern special effects and lots of research in marketing and human behavior....

Tom Cruise is a pedophile. I always thought he was a dork, and now I know why.

The potential to move humans to give you their money,

Buffy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
...What the hell *is* an audit? They didn't take me through one in the film like they said they would...

I had a friend go through several "audits" in Scientology before she opted out. They give you a metal can to squeeze in each hand. The cans are wired to a voltmeter. An "auditor" asks you questions while watching the meter. The questions can get quite bizarre, personal, intrusive, offensive, disturbing. Many people cry during an audit. You are not allowed to quit in the middle--the intimidation can be very oppressive. But finally (??!!), after giving them the "required answers" and "required" attitude, you are told that you are "clear" and the audit is over. Afterwards, people come up and hug you and tell you how brave and right-thinking you are.

The accumulated result of many audits over time is that it breaks down skepticism and independent thinking. It builds up a "need" for external approval and reward.

Religion is the process by which your worldy assets and allegiences are transferred to God's bill collectors here on Earth. On that basis, Scientology is amongst the purest and most direct of all religions. Anybody who finds fault with the promised afterlife is invited to return for a full refund.

You will eventually find Uncle Al burning in Hell and easy to ID therein - the only fellow with ice in his drink. A contract has been signed...

The Christian 'tithe' is a remnant of the Judaic practice of bringing ten percent of their produce and livestock to Jerusalem once a year and giving it directly to the poor, no middle man required. The middle man is a post-Messianic invention of Roman-Greco, Emperor-worshipping pagans, the descendants of whom are probably responsible for the design and implementation of Social Security.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I, for my sins, was once involved in Scientology and have been running ever since.

They have a nice Catch 22 situation, in that you get your services (Training/ Auditing [therapy through lie detection]) free if you join staff (paid a pittance, with little free time to yourself - in my time it was half a day a fortnight but hey we were trying to save the world, although I never found out from whom but I've now got a pretty good idea who for and it wasn't me).

The alternative was to pay for it yourself, which meant being rich and successful in your own right.

Another nice twist is that the prices for everything go up in increasing increments - £10 (first thing), £100 (second thing), £1000 (third thing) and so on.....

Only suppressives want to shut people up because they've got something to hide - the open (unafraid) leave you free to make up your own mind and do what you want to with your life (In Scientology, to be 'Declared' as an SP (suppressive person)is the old equivalent of being tarred and feathered). As they used to say in The Church of the Sugenius 'Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes - pull the wool over your own eyes!'

One thing I did learn is that it is easier to sell people lies rather than truth (they prefer to be deluded, rather than enlightened on the whole because they want the easy way out and so are prey to their own folly, which isn't Scientology's fault: Only a fool who's fooling himself, can fool another fool).

L. Ron Hubbard's (Hell Wrong Cupboard) situation reminded me of 'The Star Trek' episode, The Squire of Gothos - where a game player is pursued by his parents (The FBI equivalent). This seems to be the fate of liars, fantasists and disruptive children.

The poor guy lived a Boy's Own Fantasy and it backfired on him, dying mentally of paranoia as he ran from the authorities, just as he already showed it's seeds in some of his earlier films for fellow Scientologists, where he talked of methods of mental torture and interrogation beyond that known to 'humans'.

Eastern religions talk about there being nowhere else to go but here and no time being important but the present - so did he but unfortunately he couldn't live it and Auditing was designed to continually look into the past and Scientology's goal was always orientated towards the future.

John Revolta (I like the guy but I couldn't resist the pun) was supposed to be gay and cured of it by Scientology (Not according to the latest press photos though). Firstly who says it's wrong or a disease? Maybe it's just a process somebody goes through or a choice that is theirs to make alone: Film Stars have as much right to privacy as anyone else - we don't own them and they should be able to have time to enjoy their ill-gotten gains, as much as anyone else.

I never got very high in the Scientology rungs and so I can only talk from my limited experience (got kicked out after about 8 months).

By the way is it known if anyone has been bumped off by Scientology? I know they did some underhand things (Fair Game attacks upon the establishment and anyone declared an SP) and carried out dirty tricks against the US government (Their Watergate led to Hubbards 'then' wife going to jail, I seem to remember?).

Yikes, now what have I done - I'm a marked man!:doh: :doh: :esmoking: :) :(

One thing I did learn is that it is easier to sell people lies rather than truth (they prefer to be deluded, rather than enlightened on the whole because they want the easy way out and so are prey to their own folly, which isn't Scientology's fault: Only a fool who's fooling himself, can fool another fool).

. . .

The poor guy lived a Boy's Own Fantasy and it backfired on him, dying mentally of paranoia as he ran from the authorities, just as he already showed it's seeds in some of his earlier films for fellow Scientologists, where he talked of methods of mental torture and interrogation beyond that known to 'humans'.

Two symptoms of the same disease: conscience.

I personally can't say Scientology is all bad, having been in it but it is certainly scary in some of its elements and decidedly 'tricky' in some of its policy moves: Only a religion for tax purposes, plus see others mentioned in previous post on this subject.

It's certainly inspirational, which could be said of all religions and a few good books and it also had a lie detector in the form of an E-meter but Hubbard didn't start off with that, prefering bodily reaction I believe, which is the basis EMDR or rapid eye movement treatment, which has a certain logic and according to the latest issue of Nexus magazine,provable results.

Anybody interested can go to CultWatch as Ughaibu suggests or Anti-Scientology sites and Operation Clambake, for harder attacks upon the system (Personally I prefer The Church of the Subgenius and other humorous approaches myself, rather than hate mail i.e. laugh it off to experience, rather than pointlessly seek revenge against them, which still leaves you tied to them, banging on a door which will never open for you again: I don't want to be accepted by them, just myself as that is the road to freedom and moving on as they say in Zen::hihi: Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me (Let the buyer beware)).:doh:

Yes, but in attempting to impart some learned wisdom to successive generations so they do not fall prey in repeating our mistakes, we risk being perceived as self-serving and accused of spreading dogma or oppression.

"
Wherewith shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to thy word.
" --