Science Forums

A Woman For President

Racoon

Just a small note on Women fire-fighters: They had better be hella-strong, becasue I don't know many women who can lift a man's dead-weight and carry it indefinatly.

Ms. 'I havn't changed my name back from Clinton yet' for pres? Uhm, Somehow I see more flashes of "stay the course' and it's not good for a repeat.

I'd say you guys should vote for Pam Anderson, but she's one of us so she can't be pres.

Lets face it, the only person suitably uncorruptible for president right now would be a certain Mr. Trump.

I find humor in the fact that this question is even asked in today's day and age. A bit like asking if we should have an <insert ethnicity here> for president. Retardedly misdirected, and speaks volumes on our society's general way of thinking.

Men have hormonal cycles too. :naughty:

Just a small note on Women fire-fighters: They had better be hella-strong, becasue I don't know many women who can lift a man's dead-weight and carry it indefinatly.
Well I don't know many men who could either. They let little guys on the force you know. And its a good thing Hurley didn't get stuck on the airplane cuz no matter how selfless he is, Jack would not have been able to pull him off....

Point being: we're all on a bell curve, you can make points about averages, but people go into jobs based on being *above* the norm, so norms are *meaningless*. Whatever woman we vote in as president is gonna have to be twice as capable as any of her male alternatives precisely *because* of the blatant prejudice that is obvious even among the few posts in this thread.

So where does 43 go on the bell curve? :shrug:

Buffy

Oh and before the bandwagon gets in gear, i guess the question should be asked as to which man has the qualifications needed to lead a struggling country with a divided electorate? or does anyone think this information is important?

Is that an echo? :shrug:

Buffy

I think both Hillary and Condolleza have the stones to be prez!

I like Hillary.

so, Meh!

And I would be a valuable contributer to her campaign if she runs. :)

If Rice runs opposite another male Democrat, I would sit up and pay attention to her platform...

And be very objective about it.

We need something fresh. something that doesn't reek of "More of the Same Bullsh*t." :)

As for GAHD's comment; There are no such physical demands as such as president. The Wall-Apes do all the heavy lifting. We need heavy thinking

The only constant is change,

Racoon for vice-president

Okey-Dokey Artichokey!

The abortion issue alone would tear people apart. There is no doubt this issue would come up over and over again during the campaign. A democratic woman candidate would alienate many men if she said she supported a womans right to chose. It would go against the psyche of so many peoples idea of a mother figure. What kind of a woman can support the killing of children? Its easier for men to stomach the idea of a man supporting a womans right to chose.

This is what I don't understand.

WTF does Abortion have to do with running the goddamned country?

Hello!

Deficit, Social Security, Environment, Immigration, Jobs, Technology, Foreign Relations, Health Care reform, Crime, Roads and Construction, Infrastructure, Improving things!!!

I am so f*cking sick of abortion being an issue.!!!

(I'm not blasting you Cedars, you brought up a good point)

Its a Supreme Court Decision. one reached back in the 70's...

Truth is people, and religious zealotry minded people, seem to hold the notion that it is an issue!

ITS NOT!!

but we sure as hell make it one.

I support the Womans right to choose. I support a Woman who supports a womans right to choose.

This World is already overpopulated.

Dont f*cking have one if you don't want one!! period. (missed period:hihi: )

The problem I have with Bush are his Supreme Court nominations.

Scalia is already proving what a pompous jerk he is. (sounds like me though too, so I kinda' like him biasedly)

Religion is fine. But don't push it on somebody.

You gotta' Prove it on Me!

Racoon

before the bandwagon gets in gear, i guess the question should be asked as to which woman has the qualifications needed to lead a struggling country with a divided electorate?

Oh and before the bandwagon gets in gear, i guess the question should be asked as to which man has the qualifications needed to lead a struggling country with a divided electorate?

Doesn't it really just boil down to, "Who has the qualifications to run this country?" This country removed race, gender, religion, age, etc.. from most job applications over the years. I really don't see a need to keep them on the President's job application either...

Not picking on questor or Buffy, just using their posts to make a point....

There is just as much wrong with a woman running the country as there is with a man. So Madam President gets a hormone imbalance, and decide to give free q-tips to all third-world countries. And Mr. President gets a testosterone attack and decides to invade Iraq. Same thing.

Also, same thing if the prez is black, blue, yellow, tall, midget, whatever - the problem begins once we make an issue out of it. It's not.

Also, same thing if the prez is black, blue, yellow, tall, midget, whatever - the problem begins once we make an issue out of it. It's not.

What dream world are you living in?? :)

You already know the definition of insanity:

If you keep doing/voting the same and expect different results...

Change for the simple fact of it.

I would prefer a female face as opposed to Bush's face.

Hillary is pretty. Condolleza isn't that bad looking either.

But its their Attitude and Intelligence that would get my vote.

Something Different please!

A Black Man or American Indian or Mexican-American wouldn't bother me either...so long as they held the best interest of Americans in their heart...

Just make it different!

Pretty please...:rolleyes:

Racoon

Its not just abortion that causes the struggles for women in politics. It is the psyche in this country (and most others) that is the reason.

Abortion is an issue for those who are vehemently anti-abortion. For them, its right up there with war decisions, education and a host of other agreed on issues for a president. Their morality requires them to vote on such an issue with what they believe is right or wrong. And it is only one of the visible hinderences to having a woman in the highest office in the land. Its the deeply embedded cultural beliefs of women and what their role in society is, that is the real struggle to overcome.

Look at how few women are named as quaified candidates in this thread. Two. Clinton and Rice. Oh, and Buffy who has already declined the nomination.

whether it is a male or female, the next president will have an almost unmanageable job. we need someone who is wise, strong, aware of history,experienced, able to think like a chess player and placate a fractious electorate who are quick to criticise, but have no deep understanding of the problems. the women who are fishing for the job do not have these qualifications, and very few of our men do either. our best minds probably

don't want this job because of the inherent need for duplicity, dealing with zealots and liars and other dishonest politicians who are only interested in maintaining their jobs.

Its not just abortion that causes the struggles for women in politics. It is the psyche in this country (and most others) that is the reason.

Abortion is an issue for those who are vehemently anti-abortion. For them, its right up there with war decisions, education and a host of other agreed on issues for a president. Their morality requires them to vote on such an issue with what they believe is right or wrong.

Look at how few women are named as quaified candidates in this thread. Two. Clinton and Rice. Oh, and Buffy who has already declined the nomination.

I agree that that is true Cedars.

I just don't agree with it! :)

Abortion = 0 to do with running the country.

:rolleyes:

And we can still hold out hope that Buffy can put aside her regular responsibilities to Lead This Nation! :hihi:

whether it is a male or female, the next president will have an almost unmanageable job. we need someone who is wise, strong, aware of history,experienced, able to think like a chess player and placate a fractious electorate who are quick to criticise, but have no deep understanding of the problems. the women who are fishing for the job do not have these qualifications, and very few of our men do either. our best minds probably

don't want this job because of the inherent need for duplicity, dealing with zealots and liars and other dishonest politicians who are only interested in maintaining their jobs.

I dont want the job of president either.

Pedjudice-a. An adverse judgment or opinion formed beforehand or without knowledge or examination of the facts.

at this time, after examination of the facts, i cannot see any reason why Hillary Clinton would be a good candidate for president of this country.

the fact she is a female does not enter into the equation. the fact that she is only a power-seeker does. i also do not think any woman should have this job at present. America, in large part, has overcome predjudices about women in leadership positions, but the rest of the world has not. we are at a very dangerous time with Iraq, Iran, China, Africa in turmoil and we need a strong, decisive person at the helm. which woman would you want negotiating for you concerning these world affairs?