Science Forums

The U.S. Government is Disgusting

Queso

Hah.

I've read the old testament.

Won't even bother with the new one . . (was a fun read, lot of laughs((makes me think of the term 'divine comedy')))

I'm not really looking for hope, either.

I'm not looking for anything.

I think it's clear here that I am just simply disgusted.

Sorry if there's puke on your nice shoes.

Towards 9/11... The buildings fell straight down because the damage was not at the bottom. As the upper floors collapsed into the holes caused by the planes, the weight limit of the next floor down was exceeded, and so on, causing the domino effect. Had the plane hit at a lower altitude, all floors above the puncture would topple sideways like a falling tree. If you look at the collapse of the towers, that's exactly what the few upper floors did.

The jet fuel, which did not need to be ignited as the plane was designed to do just that during normal operation (not to mention all the wiring--plane and building), spilled down the vent shafts and elevator shafts. Smoke was everywhere. Fire consumed people from elevator doors as they tried to escape the automated way, even on the lower levels.

The apparent pre-explosion from under the plane was probably just a sun glare. Disproving this excuse can be done by matching the timing of the glare on two different camera angles, assuming the glare was actually seen on two different camera angles.

Maybe now we can at least discuss some things.

Sorry if there's puke on your nice shoes.

No problem. I'm not quick to condemn people. Tends to nausate me.

The New explains the Old, kinda like a key and lock. I'm working on a series of articles that will unravel many mysteries and dispell many myths concerning scripture. I guarantee it to be news to most, as I have not yet found any believers that agree with me.

What were you like when you were 18?
An excellent open question.

When I was 18 (in 1978-1979)' date=' I was exuberant, hedonistic, reckless, and vaguely convinced I would not live to reach 30.

A survey of Americans about my age, done around that time, revealed that about 75% of my age-peers shared the belief that they would not survive to reach retirement age. Most of this majority believed they would be killed as the result of a terrible nuclear war. My children have never shared this belief. Few people born after 1975 have.

With a small fraction of exceptions, my generation surprised itself by surviving. I suspect that every generation for the next century or ten will also be surprised at how few of their least optimistic expectations are realized.

Gerturd Stein referred to her age-peers as “the lost generation.” She explained in various conversations that she considered this to be an eternal truth – that every generation feels lost.

I think it's clear here that I am just simply disgusted.

And you're not the only one.

I am disgusted with Media and Political Correctness.

Disguised agendas and biased reoprting...

OK, why can't/won't they show the body bags and coffins of the dead soldiers coming home to rest??

You need to vote for your favorite American Idol!

:esmoking:

No doubt.

I always question government conspiracies because they require competence from our government, which is something it has yet to demonstrate.

TFS

Right on Stone! They would rather stay silent and let you think they're doing all this 'deliberately' because it makes them look intelligent to everyone else, rather than accept the fact that like 'everyone else' they're Blunderers in Wonderland ('Don't pay any attention to the man behind the curtain!' The Wizard of Oz). It seems the Government is just there to lie to us in order to calm our panic and give the impression it's in control but the reality is that the unknown (new threat to our existence - think of a video game or Matrix) always throws us and can only throw us because we have no set answer to it only naked honesty and that is it scares us witless, unless we go towards it at which point it becomes opportunity to learn :esmoking: (curiosity) instead of defence mechanism No. 1 (panic and kill it before it kills you). ;)

It's all well and good for everyone to talk,discuss,rant,whatever about it, but aren't you part of the problem if you're not offereing solutions,proposals,ideas which would make changes which lead to the maximum benefit to all life? Your energies now are wasted because you're emotionally unfocussed... too busy whining and not trying to make it better.

Please note, that is not directed anyone in particular, just a general comment. Cheers. ;)

So what are the solutions? Are you any better for complaining about people complaining, without offering any solutions, proposals, ideas yourself?

Do You think changing the system of government is going to happen with a vote, a protest sign, and a fund raising bake sale??

Wake up. The system is set and rigged. You try to come close to changing it and you will have an unexpected "heart attack"; just ask Ken Lay and many other people before... (Not saying Ken Lay was changing anything for the better, but you see what I mean if you can cause any sort of damage to the ones holding most of the chips. :esmoking: )

To borrow a political rappers quote:

"They killed JFK in Sixty-Three,

so What the F* do you think they'd do to Me!?" ;)

The harsh, cold reality is that you cannot change the system. So you need to adapt and find a way to flow......We'll all be dead eventually anywayz. Its that realization and adaptation process that makes us want to scream and get pissed.

So, forget the hug, warm cup of Cocoa, and tomorrow we'll go E-mail our representative... People are going to get killed! People are going to get ripped off!

But I support Orby's right to Talk, Discuss, Rant!

Towards 9/11... The buildings fell straight down because the damage was not at the bottom. As the upper floors collapsed into the holes caused by the planes, the weight limit of the next floor down was exceeded, and so on, causing the domino effect. Had the plane hit at a lower altitude, all floors above the puncture would topple sideways like a falling tree. If you look at the collapse of the towers, that's exactly what the few upper floors did.

The jet fuel, which did not need to be ignited as the plane was designed to do just that during normal operation (not to mention all the wiring--plane and building), spilled down the vent shafts and elevator shafts. Smoke was everywhere. Fire consumed people from elevator doors as they tried to escape the automated way, even on the lower levels.

The apparent pre-explosion from under the plane was probably just a sun glare. Disproving this excuse can be done by matching the timing of the glare on two different camera angles, assuming the glare was actually seen on two different camera angles.

Maybe now we can at least discuss some things.

Yes we can. It's like the Titanic. The Titanic was built by a dreamer who never planned for disaster, so that when it struck he woke up to this fact. National Geographic Channel did a program on The Twin Towers and it showed clearly that it was the way it was built that allowed the whole lot to collapse in on itself. It's like quake proof buildings - no such thing. Some are better built than others and are more resistant but they'll 'sink' just as surely as the Titanic if hit with enough force. This is back to Faithful Stones post on the Government ('Don't Panic!'). To believe we are victims of an indifferent universe is more frightening than accepting this as a life challenge. Orb is not accepting this at the moment - hence his melancholy and who can blame him? We can gain more and more control over the universe as we evolve but we have to accept that we don't know everything and therefore cannot control everything all the time. Religion in its own way (especially Eastern Religion) is trying to tell you to enjoy the present moment because that is all you can be certain of and can control - the rest is out there and beyond your grasp. Enjoy the illusion like you would a firework display because it is beyond your ability as an individual to do anything else.

OK, why can't/won't they show the body bags and coffins of the dead soldiers coming home to rest??

You need to vote for your favorite American Idol!

;)

Two reasons but really only two sides of the same coin. Firstly they're ashamed of the dead they're losing (Nobody wins a war, just survives it). Secondly to admit it was a ghastly mistake would be to lose face (as do most people standing next to an exploding shell). People only stop doing things when they become open and honest, and admit the truth (That's all of us - from the criminal who wants to get caught [had enough of running away and playing games] to the government, to us and our own dreary personal lives). I am the fount of all wisdom (That'll be $2.98 - next chump...sorry, customer! [ I almost missed the comma between the last two words but maybe I should have - more accurate?]).:esmoking:

So what are the solutions? Are you any better for complaining about people complaining, without offering any solutions, proposals, ideas yourself?

Complaining is dumping responsibility. It is saying it's all out there and it's someone else's fault (nothing to do with me I'm helpless). It's throwing in the chips and saying you don't want to play the game anymore and that can be any of us from cradle to grave (life's a joke and death's the punchine). Believe and stay - give up and go (Where's you give up and go, gone?)

Loved the JFK rap. Did the first time too (I can remember where I was when JFK died but I'm not so certain where I am now - are the vagaries of old age, well 54 to you):esmoking:

I've got to say i am with Orbsycli, Racoon and the others that question the Government. The main reason why i think that is because of all the unanswered questions. If they have nothing to hide.... then why hide things

I do think Orbsycli, your a bit too passionate about this though, im not sure what your aiming in doing. You ask what should i do? but im not sure what your trying to change. Do you want to make people more aware, change government, get the government to admitt its faults?

Complaining is dumping responsibility. It is saying it's all out there and it's someone else's fault (nothing to do with me I'm helpless). It's throwing in the chips and saying you don't want to play the game anymore and that can be any of us from cradle to grave (life's a joke and death's the punchine). Believe and stay - give up and go (Where's you give up and go, gone?)

wrong.

I'm not responsible for the people who elected George W. Bush.

I'm not responsible for the terrorists killing people.

I'm only responsible for MY actions, words, and deeds.

The point being... You Ain't going to change the System! You will be killed before you could make a change on that scale! :)

Now..., If I want to complain about the Graffitti around the neighborhood, or the litter around the park,.. then Yes! of course I could take action and change that stuff..

But when you're talking about a World Political agenda, and corrupt American politics, most everyone is a hypocrite for saying "quit complaining and make a difference"..

It ain't happening. :evil:

And if it is, Then you have no time to post here while you hire bodygaurds and further your political agenda.

I've got to say i am with Orbsycli, Racoon and the others that question the Government. The main reason why i think that is because of all the unanswered questions. If they have nothing to hide.... then why hide things

I do think Orbsycli, your a bit too passionate about this though, im not sure what your aiming in doing. You ask what should i do? but im not sure what your trying to change. Do you want to make people more aware, change government, get the government to admitt its faults?

Of course they've got something to hide - my body bag point. If they were honest they'd resign instead of try to bluff their way through things. The sad fact is that only the innocent would want to be in power because they have no idea what it entails and the older and wiser heads bow out and try to avoid the game playing that goes on (Veterans try to survive the war - novices want to impress others with the prowess they have'nt got (Cannon fodder disease - hence Bush starting wars [fools rush in] and Ramsey MacDonald, the British Prime Minister cautioning against them "War isn't murder (you fools), it's suicide").

Orby asking 'someone else' what to do is butting out of responsibility. That is my point in saying that there is sod all you can do about it and that is the tragedy, which is why he is so sad about it too. There is nothing that can be done or said to change things in reality ("There's nothing I could have told you, that you'd have understood. And there is nothing I could have told you, that would have done you any good" Roy Harper 'The Ballad of Ghengis Smith'). It is a sad fact that you're either part of the problem by believing in it and getting involved in it or part of the solution by retiring from the conflict through not believing in it (Man who jumped off his seat and shouted at the screen 'Don't do it Superman!', when Christopher Reeve started to kiss Michael Cain in a film ['It's only a movie' Sheryl Crow/ 'Life is a joke and death is the punchline'(me)]). If reality is an illusion, a game (The Matrix) as Eastern philosophy posits then 'Nothing matters and everything doesn't' (Zen).:) :) :evil:

I'm only responsible for MY actions, words, and deeds.

The point being... You Ain't going to change the System! You will be killed before you could make a change on that scale! :)

But when you're talking about a World Political agenda, and corrupt American politics, most everyone is a hypocrite for saying "quit complaining and make a difference"..

It ain't happening. :evil:

Firstly Rac that is what I am saying! You're only responsible for your own actions and if you believe you can change the world, you get caught up in the illusion and just become another pawn in the game, instead of someone who refuses to play because it is not their game. As for your second point, that's exactly what I told Jesus but would he listen....

Lastly, quit complaining and make a difference!:)

what am I supposed to do?

What you are supposed to do, is live life as you would have others live it. I look for honesty, and integrity. Bush does not represent my best interest. I live in the USA, I have the card, and the paper work, but that is only until one of two things comes along, blowing across my path.

I get the resources to move, and become a citizen of a reasonable, rational, compentent goverment. (not likely, but Canada and Germany are looking good right now. They have their issues but...) Or, Till the world finally realizes it's mistakes, it's pain and suffering, and deals with it, moves on, foward into the future, when the day the world stood still ends and it becomes the day the world moved foward. Collapsing into a point.

Screw Isolationist, Xenophobic, Terror induced, Psychopathic, Emotive projective bullshit.

You know what I did when I awoke at 8:30 to watch the second plane strike? I laughed. I laughed at it all. I laugh at everything. I show no fear. I stride foward, I look back to know where I came from and I look foward to know where I am going, but I laugh here in the moment, knowing it is what it is and will be just that in the future.

Terror only works when one is afraid. When one screams, freezes, when the fear of fear takes hold. I laughed, not at the pain and suffering, but at the feeble attempt of those who would seek to control me through fear.

What do you do? What do you do, to have a sane society. Is you do what you can in living your life. Little things which when enough people do them become big things. Vote, Teach and Learn, Consume wisely, Reuse what you have, Recycle, Consume morally (That is don't buy from buissinesses that you don't agree with.), Be mindful of your present. Do unto others as you would have done unto you.

If your really hot for change, and have the passion to do something about it, then Protest. Become an activist. Silence begets silence, when one makes a fuss a fuss is made. Speak out against that which you don't like, Don't grumble in a small way, figure out how you can project your voice as far as the next country over. Lead. Lead by example, be what you wish to see in the world.

If you wish to see shadow, doom, and despair then be that. If you wish to see bright colours, prosperity, and hope then be just that. You want change? Be change.

Hiding solves nothing. If we stick our heads in the sand, the problem doesn't just go away. If we look the other way when wrong is commited, we are wrong likewise, for we have in our hearts commited that wrong, have accepted it through silence.

Life is pain. Nothing is given for free, this universe is a place of exchange. You must be willing to sacrifice something to get something else. Security for freedom, for instance. Gandhi is prime example, he got social change on the national scale simply by being himself. That he wrote, that he acted, that he educated, and that he planned. That is where his success came from. What he did any other person could do. He was not special, merely commited to an ideal. He had no special talent, only a passion for truth.

No one is going to change the world for you, so you are the only person who can, and you can only start from who you are.

Yeh precisely, it confuses me about what you actually want to change. Dont worry though, i have the solutions, you should 1) start your own country (that would be good fun), 2) live in a cave somewhere (Bin Laden's done alright, hasnt he?), 3) get used to it or 4) assasinate the whole government

If i was you i'd choose either 1 or 4

Fine words KickAss but don't worry I'm not going to kick your *** for them. Yes we can try to change the world and fail as do all idealists or as realists just get on with it until they change through example. You can't know where to go or what to do - that is the point! If you think the answer to the future lies in the past, then you will never find it. Always you will be grubbing around in what was trying to discover what will be and failing. Do you know the story of the telephone? Well the telegraph company paid for research to develop what was already there and failed because they wanted to extend the known past, not take an imaginative leap into the future. Bell and the other guy who found the answer to, how to send messages better, went outside the paradigm, while those who failed kept looking inside the box. Holding onto the past for dear life will never free you to take an imaginative leap into the future - are you a Jim Kirk or his opponents, in 'The Undiscovered Country?' :hyper:

Leave it all behind or get embroiled in it as a slave to yesterday (If you're not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem: This is what all the worlds religions are trying to tell you at base - you can't take it with you but you can stay here with it and rot - not a threat, an observation on the effects of stagnation "It is easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle, than it is for a richman (materialist) to enter heaven". "My Father's House has many mansions" (Jesus's message to his disciples - give up this world and enter another). Carlos Castenada's Don Juan and the leap of faith. Zen and stop trying to make sense of the world it doesn't have any (David Byrne). James Thurber "Leave your mind alone" etc.etc.).:)