Science Forums

The U.S. Government is Disgusting

Queso

thank you very much for the idea.

Before I moved accross the country last week I was preparing for leaving my apartment on foot, with a backpack full of everything I need,

and just walking into the forests of california.

I have never learned anything about how to survive, except in books,

and barely any experience in the field.

Except for running around naked, a few craps here and there, making fires, shelters, trying to catch fish,

Basic things.

I sincerely intend to futher my knowledge on the tactics of survival in the wilderness,

just for kicks,

for that perspective I've been teased with

since Mt. Haleakala when I was too young to fathom the majority of the environment.

You are much healthier than some might think. Have fun and take a friend with you. Be careful as there are real assholes out there - but good people too. Just be careful. The founding fathers would most likely agree with what you intend to do. They were very down to earth folks and in touch with nature and life.

TheBigDog:

It is my assertion that The United States of America is the brightest hope for humanity. It has been and will continue to be into the forseeable future.

The United States of America provides greater opportunity and freedom to individuals than any other country in the world.

The United States of America welcomes more new residents and citizens from other countries than any other country in the world.

I agree.

It is also strong enough to take criticism. Especially criticism aimed at making its 'plume' even whiter. (see Cyrano de Bergerac)

The government also is defined as the laws written into the constitution and that is NOT perfect. Things have been added to it that have allowed corruption to get in. I am of the firm belief that the corruption is related to the insane control congress has over the economy. That was definitely NOT the original intent of the founders.

Another thing that I find problematic is the idea that our country is founded on democracy. It isn't. It's founded on reason with an attempt on understanding what it means to be human and to protect humans from the only thing that can ever subjugate them: government. Not everyone had the power to vote. That was not to disenfranchise anyone. It was meant to protect property, something we have lost since we've become 'democratic'. That will also lead to our downfall if it is not corrected.

psh-

I'm just stating my opinions.

and i'm NOT asking again "what can I do?" 'cause I didn't get any effective responses from anybody or my self.

So, I lie here confused, amazed, and menaced.

Smiling though, had a good day yesterday.

You like having something to poke with your shaft.

You opened a discussion based on supposed evidence of conspiracy, but are hesitant to discuss that supposed evidence. My opinion is that you want to think you care, but you actually do not. I apologize for being blunt.

Orb doesn't want to think, he just wants to be right. He wants to believe the government did this because it's easier. He wants to believe that voting doesn't matter because it means he can't be held responsible. Conspiracy theories are great because any evidence against them can just be said to be from the conspiracy.

Orb doesn't want to think, he just wants to be right. He wants to believe the government did this because it's easier. He wants to believe that voting doesn't matter because it means he can't be held responsible. Conspiracy theories are great because any evidence against them can just be said to be from the conspiracy.

Yup.

I mean, don't get me wrong: we all want to be right, but things such as the government must be examined extremely closely before anything is said.

Differences of opinons often conflict with the truth... but when it comes to something such as the government, the truth is often difficult to determine.

Therefore, we are left with differences of opinion....

...and conflict.

If we are talking about conspiracy, what exactly is meant by the term? Isn't it just when a group of people work toward the same goal?

One who is capable of making a decision, say the current administration, will make a decision based upon all of the inputs of all of the people who provide it - assuming they are listened to.

Some will he heard more than others.

Any decision made will reflect the wishes of those who provided input.

So, in a broad sense, isn't there ALWAYS a conspiracy going on?

A majority vote is a conspiracy for whatever was being voted on. It could be called a conspiracy against the wishes of the minority.

:hihi:

I think my disgust has evolved into severe confusion

this thread has turned into a psychoanalysis, sheesh

there's nothing to be right about, I'm just lost

and how can you say I don't care?

If I didn't care I wouldn't be blabbin away right now,

This is so pointless. I have nothing else to say.

Well that says something.

Disgust. This leads to confusion, naturally. One knows something is wrong, and feels helpless regarding what is the percieved problem.

Confusion. One knows something is wrong, but knows not what to do, only that they can do something about it.

Well, how I deal with confusion is I sit down and write out what I am thinking. Committing what one thinks to record results in a transition, a finalization of a given thought. It assists in clearing up what one is thinking. Gandhi wrote, and he acted.

Formulate what is wrong, in a clear concise way. Once one has committed to writting this, then one can analyze clearly what options one has regarding resolution of a given problem. These processes should go through several revisions, as one gains a clearer and clearer idea of what one is up against.

Pick a solution. Plan accordingly.

-The tactics of a clown are par to none. No one would be crazy enough to...

Clown-in-Chief, Head of Entertaining Strategies, Ring-leader of the Hobo-Division