Science Forums

Teen suicide

Recently, I found out that a good friend of mine tried to commit suicide. She has already recieved help from a psychiatrist, but she is still extreamly depressed. I am trying to learn all I can about what causes people to want to kill themselves, so that I might be able to help her. If anyone has any info on depression or anything to do with teenage suicide I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

l2l

I can post more later...

In most cases the goal of the person is not truly to kill themselves.. What is going on is the person is experiencing such an inner turmoil and mixture of things that are out of there educated control. They just want to find a way to stop and suicidal thoughts start rolling in and obviously all they do is make you feel terrible about yourself from treating yourself of such low self worth.

Depression is tricky for the typical person. It gets a person convinced that it will always be like this, that there feels like no way out. They cant understand how or why everything they have ever known is fading away to the darkness, (the happy part of them). As simple as it may sound in alot of cases peoples thoughts which they allow to run free are causing part of the depression. It can then take an event to set it off.. but the attitude and nural net repition (thought processing) is what can be the root of the issue.

There are of course many reasons.. I will post more later..

They want the pain to stop.

Stay a friend, and do everything you can to treat them as a human being, not as someone who previously attempted suicide. Just like a person in a wheelchair doesn't want to be seen just as "someone in a wheelchair," treat your friend normally and do normal friend things. That's the best thing you can do.

Best,

Life is empty, pointless and purposeless, so why prolong it?

'cause it can be so intensely Fun-

Yeah without entheogenic substances I would be such a bored human,

My art would be boring without the help from mother nature inside of me.

My friend Did commit suicide about 5 years ago!! :cup:

Its funny, because he was Varsity Soccer, a notorious bad-***, and really funny and respected.

Looking back there were some subtle clues.

But it took everyone by surprise. :evil:

He hung himself in his room.

I felt aweful for the parents ;)

Drugs influenced him in the end too; he was using crank sometimes.

He burried a Folgers can of weed out in the backyard :naughty:

Acted a little funny right before, but who doesn't sometimes??

I understand its not uncommon in Teens OR the Elderly!

Elderly people have a high rate of suicide demographically.

Sometimes its obvious, and sometimes its not.

If they even mention it, TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!; although they may really only want "attention and re-direction"

hopefully she will get well.

You have a long time to be dead. And only a short time to live! ;)

what is crank???

I've heard it used for years but what is it?

Is it just another name for meth, or is it some sort of DIFFERENT crack?

or what?

Crank is white mans Crack.

Crank is Meth. aka "Gak" "Tweek" "Go-Fast" all those monikers...and more :naughty:

You can smoke it, snort it, swallow it, or Slam it.

I've tried it a few times( I'll try anything once except in a needle!)

I just rode my bike for like hours and hours and went to the gym.

Went clubbing too! I WAS Superman!

Years ago the "good stuff" used to be Propynol (sp) Based.

ie Prope Dope. it was cleaner, and sort of pinkish looking.

Now its all cut up Crap and chemicals: Acetone, Pool Cleaner, Rat poison, Cold Medicine.....etc.

Good high! - Bad come-down! ;) ie Strung-out.(at least for my use of cleaner stuff)

If its not good, its usually called "Stomped On"

They give clean versions to Airforce Pilots! fyi

keeps them alert on 24 hour Bombing Runs :evil:

Portland and Tacoma was the major Spawning Ground for the spread of the epidemic. Its been here longer in our communities than most.

Tweekers are Everywhere Here!

Now they're making it in Mexico to bring here.

There are lots of Mobile Meth Labs in Motels & Trailers

Meth Homes are Nasty - and need Haz-Mat teams to clean. Even then the House is practically worthless

Thats why there is so many Crank words In "Tripadelic"

it part of the culture now. :cup: And it Sucks!

I hope that helps your understanding a little Orby-san ;)

Recently, I found out that a good friend of mine tried to commit suicide. She has already recieved help from a psychiatrist, but she is still extreamly depressed. I am trying to learn all I can about what causes people to want to kill themselves, so that I might be able to help her. If anyone has any info on depression or anything to do with teenage suicide I would greatly appreciate it!!!!

l2l

Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Have you ever tried to commit suicide?

Yes,many years ago, my dad used abuse my brother and I, and I got tired of it... But that was many years ago! I never told any1 until like last year. Thankyall so much for the advice! I have been treating her just like I always have. She wants to talk to me about it tomorrow.

Is their a way to help people who are extreamly depressed without the help of drugs or a couselor? Again thank yall so much for the help!!

l2l

Yes,many years ago, my dad used abuse my brother and I, and I got tired of it... But that was many years ago! I never told any1 until like last year. Thankyall so much for the advice! I have been treating her just like I always have. She wants to talk to me about it tomorrow.

Is their a way to help people who are extreamly depressed without the help of drugs or a couselor? Again thank yall so much for the help!!

l2l

I get depressed sometimes and I used to be really depressed when I was younger. I've found that the one thing I have to remember when I get depressed is that it will go away (if it is a chemical imbalance that might not work and should go on medication as well as recieve counseling). I know that when you get depressed you just can't think any happy thoughts or remember any happy times. But in my experience having somebody to tell all my thoughts to when I'm feeling depressed helps a lot. If the depression comes in waves then trying to remember that the feeling will go away is important. Maybe even write it down somewhere.

Here is a site with a method of free writing that can be very helpful. I haven't tried it, but it seems very good:

http://www.pe2000.com/writing_freely.htm

Also, while it is important to not make it seem like she's just a suicidal person and nothing else, it's also important not to ignore it.

Hope this helps :confused:.