Science Forums

Quirky Science Facts!

Boerseun

Quirky tends to mean "having the characteristic of peculiarity."

Okay, that said:

Female humans, on average, tend to have more acute ability to discern scents and modest color variations than can males. It is hypothesized that this has helped females be better mothers and take proactive preventative action more quickly when their young began getting ill.

Female humans, on average, tend to have more acute ability to discern scents and modest color variations than can males. It is hypothesized that this has helped females be better mothers and take proactive preventative action more quickly when their young began getting ill.

To expound on that thought IN,

Females also tend to instinctively mate with a partner because of Pheremones emmitted from Men's armpits that "tell" them there are genetic immunity differences between the two. - for better immune-resistant offspring!

:cool:

Speed Stick or Old Spice?

Oooh... that reminds me of another.

Bilateral symmetry is a cue for a strong immune system. Humans, male or female, tend to prefer the looks & smell of someone who is symmetrical. The scent aspect was tested and has been repeatedly confirmed in experiements called "the scent of symmetry."

A group of volunteers are brought in. A picture of their face is scanned into a computer and a quotient is given for how bilaterally symmetric they are. They then are asked to wear a t-shirt for one week without showering. Then, another group of people is asked to rate the scent of those shirts... Without ever having seen a picture of the person, they overwhelmingly rated the scent from those more symetrical as smelling better.

Speed Stick or Old Spice?
It won't help you: in fact I *detest* the smell of "spice" and so do most of my girlfriends: why do you wear it? But seriously, you could *all* use a bath, guys! Whew!

Males will instinctively stare at breasts and say yes to anything asked of them while doing so. :cool:

Go figure, :eek2:

Buffy

It won't help you: in fact I *detest* the smell of "spice" But seriously, you could *all* use a bath, guys!

Males will instinctively stare at breasts and say yes to anything asked of them while doing so. :cool:

Buffy

Women are much more subtle when "staring instinctively". :eek2:

S' why I use Tom's Natural Unscented.

MMMmmm.... Good and Manly! (for an AI) :eek2:

A group of volunteers are brought in. A picture of their face is scanned into a computer and a quotient is given for how bilaterally symmetric they are. They then are asked to wear a t-shirt for one week without showering. Then, another group of people is asked to rate the scent of those shirts... Without ever having seen a picture of the person, they overwhelmingly rated the scent from those more symetrical as smelling better

Being symetrical, or "Good Looking" always helps with everything! (fact)

You seem smarter, smell better, dress cooler, make longer-lasting impressions! etc.. etc..

even if they're/you're a total dumb ***.

Lucky I ain't looking like a total Goon,

Rac

Those last eight posts were a....Quirky :evil:

You have to understand, Buffy is the resident hottie. It's a bit like being trapped in an all boys camp with a bunch of science geeks for the summer... the cute smart one comes around and everyone goes ga ga for a moment. While it is just an avatar, she was even cute when she had the pink spy vs. spy thing happening. :D

Guest chendoh
You have to understand, :evil:

Ohh!, but I do, but being the newbie here I have to watch my conduct..if you know what I mean. :D Psst... Is that really Buf in the avatar? Yummy!!!!!!!

Thank you, Buffy! I try