Science Forums

Perpetual motion

Thank you Infamous for your incouragement.. I've persued the prospect for many years and actually delayed any attempts to work on it for a number of years. Lord knows I'm old enough and as some people say ( you should know better than waste your time with it ) However, about a month ago, a brilliant idea came to mind to overcome the problem I had. Being somewhat stubourn , I began again, and have'nt had much sleep since. I needed to farm out one piece to another machine shop because of the size which my shop could'nt handle. In about two weeks I should get it back and then it's time for assembly. I'm an old fashion guy and needed to make key componants in my own shop to insure that they actually work before I go any further. Now the excitment and antisipation is killing me.

Your suggestion with magnetism assisting the oppositional gravity force is also a great idea, I like that.......... Thanks again.

May the force be with us all... :hihi: :rant:

I've been asked the question before by a few friends I have who look into the subject of over unity cases if I believe such is possible. In theory anything is possible. I certanly think one can approach a unity case a lot closer than we do at present if we understood how nature works better. As such, I see no problem with anyone experimenting on such. Granted, from a scientific point of view I suspect most ideas will fail. But in a universe we already know displays normal energy and dark energy some means of countering loss probably does exist. My biggest argument with some of the many so-called cases one finds in an online search is the experiment testing methods many follow. If someone follows proper scientific methods of experimentation I think research in this area is worthy.

In theory anything is possible.

So you would say that in theory the following are possible?

1) The system of 3 equations, all being true simultaneously:

x + 1 = 2

y + 1 = 3

x = y

2) A thing is not itself

3) This statement is wrong

4) True is false

5) A perpetual motion machine can be built

Could radiation pressure be used?

The system that would have some part of it move as a result of radiation pressure would continue to take energy in from the outside; that's not allowed for perpetual motion machines.

Also, whatever was generating the radiation pressure - such as our sun - will eventually cease to produce such output. At which time, whatever work was being as a result of its radiation pressure would cease.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

This thread seems very interesting to me. You discuss here how yo build perpetuum mobile. But don't you think it already exists ? I've found more than 100 perpetuum mobile patents. I didn't read them because it costs some money to download. Or may be all of them don't work. What for do people patent things that don't work ?

May be it's better to read all this patents before invent something. Lets share expenses for patents downloading and learn other people experience.

what do you think ?

Does perpetual motion break any laws of physics?

Actually, it is implied by Newton's First Law of Motion, i.e.

"An object at rest tends to stay at rest and an object in motion tends to stay in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force."

Perpertial motion does break the laws of human physics as we know. Although our minds can't comprehend the actual laws as yet we are living on a huge perpertial motion machine (the earth) there are ways to build one in a frictionless environment, but that will not help us in a gravitational surrounding. Even if you incubate perpetual motion in a vacuum the outcome is not the same as the earth in a huge galaxy. but perpetual motion does exist its only a matter of time.

Hi everyone

This thread seems very interesting to me. You discuss here how yo build perpetuum mobile. But don't you think it already exists ? I've found more than 100 perpetuum mobile patents. I didn't read them because it costs some money to download. Or may be all of them don't work. What for do people patent things that don't work ?

May be it's better to read all this patents before invent something. Lets share expenses for patents downloading and learn other people experience.

what do you think ?

I was told there was a law stating that perpetual motion machines COULD NOT be patented. I was told this earlier today actually!

I also had thought about persuing the dream of making a perpetual motion machine. I don't think it IS perpetual motion, but I can keep something spinning forever (in theory). With the power of magnets angled in a precise way, I have found a way to keep a bar spinning and generating electricity for all of eternity. I'm not sure this is perpetual, however, because there is always the magnetism acting upon this bar and therefore always an outside force acting upon it. The friction is minimal the way I have this set up so it doesn't make a difference and the gravity acting upon it does nothing because of the magnets constantly acting upon the bar. It would be nice if someone were to tell me how farfetched this idea is before I use my money to make it larger scale :cup:

-RMay06

I have found a way to keep a bar spinning and generating electricity for all of eternity. :cup:

-RMay06

Yep; that's a peretual motion machine alright!

Before you go to the trouble of making it bigger, I suggest you get a "poorman's copyright"; and try to duplicate it again on another small version; that is if the one you have now keeps spinning. Then show it to a few "wise" close friends whom you trust, and get it on video.

But I'd say you don't have to wait for all of eternity to share it with the world.

Good luck.

By the way, I don't want to sound skeptical; but I've tried that one before, and it didn't work for me. (try to get it to do some actual work beyond keeping itself going!)

I was told there was a law stating that perpetual motion machines COULD NOT be patented. I was told this earlier today actually!

-RMay06

But they are patented ! And some of them use magnets like RMay06 does.

RMay06 I think before you make it in bigger scale download some patents and analyse them. May be your idea is already patented. And in this case it doesn't work because i've never heard about practically used perpetuum mobile.

But if you are sure about your idea you HAVE TO build the machine and make it work because it's only way to find mistakes if they are exist.