Science Forums

Perpetual motion

Mother nature has many secrets,,,,,,, and niether you nor I will ever know them all in our life time.

If we allow ourselves to be stalemated by the law of phisics, or Newton's law of motion for example, we, as humans might just as well give up and die! This millenium will be very exciting I think.

Mother nature commands a lot of respect, but I think if you tickle her a little now and then , she may give up one or two of her secrets yet.

I think we need to defrag that mellon on our shoulders and start anew. If we have an idea, go for it................. If we fail,,,,,,,,,,,,, so what!!!!!!!!!!!! We need more do'ers.

May the force be with you

Why re-invent the wheel? We know that the laws of physics hold true - are you saying that if we ignore them they won't exist? These laws have been tested, and they hold true. I don't understand what starting over would do, other than come to the same, true, conclusions. Perpetual motion relies either on an infinite energy source, or zero energy loss. We know that e=mc^2, so if we have infinite energy, we need infinite mass. For there to be zero energy loss would require a complerely closed system - in which nothing could enter or leave. Even if we assumed that this system existed, we couldn't observe it, because that would require a loss of energy on its part.

Why re-invent the wheel? We know that the laws of physics hold true - are you saying that if we ignore them they won't exist....

...We know that e=mc^2, ....

But Einstein had reinvented the weel. People were convinced that a body has constant length and mass before. They were sure that laws of classical physics hold true.

And actually they had no idea about E=mc^2.

It was just less than 100 years back.

If we allow ourselves to be stalemated by the law of phisics, or Newton's law of motion for example

This requires that these laws are not really laws at all but disproven theories. If you can disprove the laws of physics just Newton's laws you will be remembered forvever. We await your great intellectual work so that we may be in awe, but we will not hold our breath in the meantime because we know greater minds have challenged these laws before.

Perpetual motion has been invented already in 1958, but I will change the name more to self generating generator. Now as usual people are going to say what! rubbish well the reason its not said or done its because people do not want to go further with it for simple reason, the fuel and oil industry aswell as electrical industry doesn't want to for the simple reason "Money". Unfortunately to that but I have seen it, handled it and suprisingly its generating current as I write to you. Apart from that the minute Oil or fuel is depleted entirely in the world then will a similar system go into service.

Self generating generator lasts far 15-20 years, where it needs to be serviced and can go for another 15 to 20 years. you must understand that its mechanical aswell as electro machanical and nothing can go on indefinately.

Just a thought. :naughty:

Well,,,,,,, I'm glad we sparked some kindling to the fire, and got a few "R's" up. I'm not saying that the laws of phisics are wrong but rather that , under certain situations, there may be amendments of the laws to consider, and that they may not yet be written.

I am working on a wheel that will generate power with the use of gravity. is it perpetual motion,,,,,,,,,,, I'll say no. It will not spin for eternity, for it will require new bearings after aproximatly 10 years. However, I say, so what.......... The main goal is free energy. I'll call it a ,," GRAVITON WHEEL"

Am I looking for fame,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO! Am I looking for riches,,,,,,,,,, NO! However I must admit, being debt free and a modest comfortable life would be nice..

The way the world is using up it's resorces, we had all better get to work and come up with alternatives. As far as stepping on the oil barrons toes,,,,,,,,,,, so what!!!! they have held the monopoly far to long. It's our children we need to think of in the future,

As Bill the cable guy says,,,,,,,,,,,,,,," get-er-done "

I am working on a wheel that will generate power with the use of gravity. is it perpetual motion,,,,,,,,,,, I'll say no. It will not spin for eternity, for it will require new bearings after aproximatly 10 years. However, I say, so what.......... The main goal is free energy. I'll call it a ,," GRAVITON WHEEL"

It's not at all a perpetual motion machine. If you have bearings, then you have continual friction. If you have continual friction, then you have continual energy loss in your system. If you have continual energy loss in your system, then you must continually put energy into the system to keep it working.

As far as creating "free" enegy using gravity, have you ever heard of a hydroelectric power plant?

Hey BGal,

Is this an argument for or against the possibility of PM? :naughty:

the argument is for it, unfortunately red tape does not let you go further. I have tried believe me and all doors closes infront of you.

PM is working well and will be the scope of the future.

for those who want to know further, I can only say that it involves strong magnetism a special angle and a counter magnetism. Qoute: For every action to succeed there must be an opposite and equal reaction". unquote.

the argument is for it, unfortunately red tape does not let you go further. I have tried believe me and all doors closes infront of you.

PM is working well and will be the scope of the future.

for those who want to know further, I can only say that it involves strong magnetism a special angle and a counter magnetism. Qoute: For every action to succeed there must be an opposite and equal reaction". unquote.

If so it would violate the laws of thermodynamics. Can you explain the exceptions to the conservation of energy that would allow this.

If so it would violate the laws of thermodynamics. Can you explain the exceptions to the conservation of energy that would allow this.

Laws of thermodynamics states that matter has energy and it cannot be created or destroyed but no where does it say that you cannot "use" its energy for long periods.

You are living on a perpertial motion machine everyday of your life, the world is turning constantly as we speak and yet people go to thermodynamics to fight something that is actually working very well!!!

All I can say is that there are 2 laws of thermodynamics law 1 and law 2 lets wait and see who discovers law 3.

You are living on a perpertial motion machine everyday of your life

Nope. The fact that scientists have to make adjustments to time keeping periodically to adjust for Earth slowing down is evidence that the Earth is not a perpetual motion machine.

BGal, you are correct about running into a brick wall, I've tried as well. One must remember that the world revolves around politics, greed and the almighty TAXES. When we do master free energy, we also threaten our country's economic engine. We would no longer need fossil fuels. At that point, could you imagine the billions of dollars in revenue lost to the economy, not to mention the employment loss and the tax loss? That alone could cripple a country, or even total economic collaps. This is why we run into that brick wall.

One story I will tell knowing it to be true, I know the man who invented a new concept refrigorator engine. It is about 3/4 of the size of our standard model that we use in our homes today. This man brought the refrigoration device before the energy commission, which must be done for all appliances, prior to sales. The energy commision said that it was very nice, however he could not sell it in the USA because it did not use enough energy. This device would run on only 100 watts of power. Now is'nt that a shame? The man had no sale except in Mexico to start his buisiness.

It would'nt surprise me if there are Government officials that monitor this siite for potential threats to the economic engine. OH well,,,,,,,,,,,,, So what!!!!!!!!!

There will be a time it will be accepted, just as soon as the greed equation is taken out of the picture, or we can no longer breath or drink our water.